stadium construction

ROX

i am planning on renovating our baseball field with a new backstop, netting, and concrete block dugouts..has anyone recently improved their stadiums in this manner, if so what kind of budget am i looking at...i plan on having 3 and a half foot wall from dugout to dugout with at least 20 ft netting on top...both dugouts block approx 35 ft

Seymour did a complete renovation this last year. Very similar to what you have mention. Visitors dugout, home dugout with locker room, 3-4 ft walled backstop, 40 ft netted backstop, minimum change in bleachers, The school system put in a certain amount. The rest was donated or raised by the team. I' m not sure at this point the amount. I will check on the amounts and post later.

i am planning on renovating our baseball field with a new backstop, netting, and concrete block dugouts..has anyone recently improved their stadiums in this manner, if so what kind of budget am i looking at...i plan on having 3 and a half foot wall from dugout to dugout with at least 20 ft netting on top...both dugouts block approx 35 ft

Riverdale before and after pictures:

http://www.rhs.rcs.k12.tn.us/teachers/mess...ll/pressbox.htm

i would SUGGEST going to other schools that you know have good facilites and check it out you may get ideas that you like and dont like and see some things that work and dont work...also when you go with a coach most of them will know how much they spent for those things

Trousdale County installed a block and brick wall from dugout to dugout with concrete cap on the wall. It has netting about 24 ft. high. Very nice. Contact coach Davy Cothron and he would be glad to help you out. He would probably send pics. and tell you how he did it with a Class A budget.

Trousdale County installed a block and brick wall from dugout to dugout with concrete cap on the wall. It has netting about 24 ft. high. Very nice. Contact coach Davy Cothron and he would be glad to help you out. He would probably send pics. and tell you how he did it with a Class A budget.

Is there a bricklayer/mason union in the area? We were able to get free labor on our block backstop using the union's apprentice program.