Outlook for Region 8-4A

I believe this region will be very interesting this year. Fairley has emerged as a top contender. There are whispers that Kingsbury is poised to be good this year. Memphis East made strides late last season and hopes to keep that momentum going headed into this season. Melrose, is still the favorite I assume. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this region will be very interesting this year. Fairley has emerged as a top contender. There are whispers that Kingsbury is poised to be good this year. Memphis East made strides late last season and hopes to keep that momentum going headed into this season. Melrose, is still the favorite I assume. What are your thoughts?

Melrose will lead the way! Fairley will be second. They are not losing all of their athletes to Whitehaven anymore. Coaching has improved over the years there. Now...as Paul Harvey would say, for the rest of the story. Anybody's guess for third between East and Kingsbury. Give the nod to Kingsbury. Understand they have a number of quality athletes and Coach Sutton gets a nod up over the guy at East. East falls into the fourth spot only if they can get by Raleigh-Egypt. RE. takes the fifth spot while Northside continues to be everyone's homecoming. Just a early speculation on the region as I see it.

Melrose will lead the way! Fairley will be second. They are not losing all of their athletes to Whitehaven anymore. Coaching has improved over the years there. Now...as Paul Harvey would say, for the rest of the story. Anybody's guess for third between East and Kingsbury. Give the nod to Kingsbury. Understand they have a number of quality athletes and Coach Sutton gets a nod up over the guy at East. East falls into the fourth spot only if they can get by Raleigh-Egypt. RE. takes the fifth spot while Northside continues to be everyone's homecoming. Just a early speculation on the region as I see it.

wtnoff, I am not convinced that the same old Melrose that we are used to seeing will show up this year. In their last game of the season, they were dominated on the ground by a less talented team. Kingsbury will be vastly improved. They have the athletes. East is playing a tough schedule this year to gear up for a playoff run. They get Melrose week 10. Fairley was a close second last season and are looking to improve this year. I'm just saying that I don't see Melrose just running through the region this year. I'm a mustang fan and may be bias, but I can't just hand them the #1 spot. I don't think that is goint to happen this year. I could be wrong.

Saw East in Sat. 7 on 7 tourn. not good their only win came against a tired O.B. team that destroyed them in the first game.

The region will be:

1) Melrose by far the best in the region.

2) Fairley very good

3) East distant third will edge out Kingsbury for the third spot.

4) Kingsbury loses close to East and ends up with 4 spot.

Melrose and Fairley only two good enough to last into second round.

Saw East in Sat. 7 on 7 tourn. not good their only win came against a tired O.B. team that destroyed them in the first game.

The region will be:

2) Fairley very good

The question would then be will either one of them be good enough to beat Henry Co. or whoever finishes 2nd in 7-4A

The region will be:

2) Fairley very good

Why make excuses for Olive Branch. East has a lot of players going both ways, so O.B. being fatigued is just an excuse. They (EAST) beat MUS in 7 on 7 previous to that game. Whitehaven beat East in the last game because of match ups. They had true LB's in instead of all DB's. Young guys not ready yet. Why can't a team just get better as they get rep's. That is what it is for. OB won the first game because of Defensive mistakes and the QB making poor decisions. Second game really was not close. So, write East off in July when everyone has on T-shirts and helmets. You will be surprised I'm sure. Anyway, who has seen Melrose do anything this year?

Why make excuses for Olive Branch. East has a lot of players going both ways, so O.B. being fatigued is just an excuse. They (EAST) beat MUS in 7 on 7 previous to that game. Whitehaven beat East in the last game because of match ups. They had true LB's in instead of all DB's. Young guys not ready yet. Why can't a team just get better as they get rep's. That is what it is for. OB won the first game because of Defensive mistakes and the QB making poor decisions. Second game really was not close. So, write East off in July when everyone has on T-shirts and helmets. You will be surprised I'm sure. Anyway, who has seen Melrose do anything this year?

Think what you want. The sun began setting on East a year ago! Melrose will continue to dominate Region 8 and Fairley will continue to provide the only challenge to the Wildcats within the league. East should continue to be able to hold on to the third spot indefinitely occasionally finding themselves in a battle with Kingsbury for the no. 3 spot. RE and Northside will continue their efforts in futility. In another thought, look for Ridgeway to fall to mediocrity with White Station becoming the other dominant team in the city along with Melrose. Whitehaven will continue to be Whitehaven, with great athletes and for some reason, never getting it done. Millington will be the team to beat in the other 5A region with awesome talent this year and with the demise of Ridgeway. Just a thought on several items.

Think what you want. The sun began setting on East a year ago! Melrose will continue to dominate Region 8 and Fairley will continue to provide the only challenge to the Wildcats within the league. East should continue to be able to hold on to the third spot indefinitely occasionally finding themselves in a battle with Kingsbury for the no. 3 spot. RE and Northside will continue their efforts in futility. In another thought, look for Ridgeway to fall to mediocrity with White Station becoming the other dominant team in the city along with Melrose. Whitehaven will continue to be Whitehaven, with great athletes and for some reason, never getting it done. Millington will be the team to beat in the other 5A region with awesome talent this year and with the demise of Ridgeway. Just a thought on several items.

Amazing! What a difference 2 points makes. If I recall, Fairley beat East by two points last year when East truly was not very good. East blew that game with tons of mistakes and poor execution on offense. Nonetheless, East lost and Fairley won. Two points is the difference in talk of Fairley challenging and not East. The sun sets to rise again. East has good young talent (Freshmen and Sophomores). If they make noise this year, the region or 4A in general will be in trouble for years to come. You must smolt them now or your own futures will be in jeapardy.