Murphy Fair's 1A Preseason Top 5

MOTO24

Here's Murphy's top 5. This is different from earlier posts regarding the coaches’ top 10. I think it's pretty interesting that he's got a public school (from West TN) as the No. 1 team in the state. There has only been 2 public 1A teams win the championship since the 5 classification system began in '93 (Trousdale Co. and S. Pitt.). Oh and the last time a public school from West TN won the 1A championship was '89. And that was none other than Bruceton.

Murphy's Preseason 1A Top 5:

1. Bruceton

2. Friendship Christian

3. Gordonsville

4. Hampton

5. Mt. Pleasant

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wholder sez this in another thread...

Murphy Fair: Top 10 here

1 Friendship Christian 12

2 Trousdale Co. 11

3 Mt. Pleasant 0

4 Gordonsville 0

5 South Pittsburg 0

6 Jo Byrns 0

7 Hampton 0

8 Union City 0

9 McKenzie 0

10 Trinity Christian 0

You say...

1. Bruceton

2. Friendship Christian

3. Gordonsville

4. Hampton

5. Mt. Pleasant

You know I wouldn't doubt you, just wondering what info came from where

Here's Murphy's top 5. This is different from earlier posts regarding the coaches’ top 10. I think it's pretty interesting that he's got a public school (from West TN) as the No. 1 team in the state. There has only been 2 public 1A teams win the championship since the 5 classification system began in '93 (Trousdale Co. and S. Pitt.). Oh and the last time a public school from West TN won the 1A championship was '89. And that was none other than Bruceton.

1. Bruceton

2. Friendship Christian

3. Gordonsville

4. Hampton

5. Mt. Pleasant

So what is this Murphys personal picks? Very interesting. Whats his average with his predictions prior? I still like SP in the mix. Take out Hampton. Bruceton is strange. Maybe he knows something going on in the west. Maybe that was a wild card pick. I say add JO Byrns instead.

So what is this Murphys personal picks? Very interesting. Whats his average with his predictions prior? I still like SP in the mix. Take out Hampton. Bruceton is strange. Maybe he knows something going on in the west. Maybe that was a wild card pick. I say add JO Byrns instead.

I like your thinking.

According to his website..."History shows more times than not that two of the top five will meet in December to play for a state title."

No offense to anybody who loves Murphy Fair but he does not impress me much at all. I had the chance to meet him at the Cascade- Jo Byrns game and I asked him if Freindship was as good as advertised and he said no. Im sorry but if they made it to the State Championship game last year they were as good as advertised. If I had all day to scotu football teams I could say I was a guru as well. His poll is just like anybody else's. It is all an opinion and until the season starts nobody knows who will be the best, especially till the championship game.

No offense to anybody who loves Murphy Fair but he does not impress me much at all. I had the chance to meet him at the Cascade- Jo Byrns game and I asked him if Freindship was as good as advertised and he said no. Im sorry but if they made it to the State Championship game last year they were as good as advertised. If I had all day to scotu football teams I could say I was a guru as well. His poll is just like anybody else's. It is all an opinion and until the season starts nobody knows who will be the best, especially till the championship game.

Yeah, I also heard him say befor the game that Cascade would give Jo Byrns all they could handle that night to.

I like your thinking.

I want you to know my picks are in no special order. I would not even attempt that. To many close teams in this bunch. It would be like a pick one out of five lottery. Anyone want to line them up in order go ahead. Just leave me out of that.

I want you to know my picks are in no special order. I would not even attempt that. To many close teams in this bunch. It would be like a pick one out of five lottery. Anyone want to line them up in order go ahead. Just leave me out of that.

Hey I was just happy Jo Byrns was mention in the top 5 by someone other than our fan base. Everyone knows that polls don't mean a thing because thank the lord unlike college football we have a playoff and get to settle it on the field. The only the the polls and predictions do is give us something else to talk smack about until week 0.

1. Bruceton

2. Friendship Christian

3. Gordonsville

4. Hampton

5. Mt. Pleasant

It says on his site that these are listed alphabetically right now and that he will rank them each week. So he's not saying Bruceton is his number one pick in 1A, just that they are in his top 5.