Gallatin down and out?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevier County scrimmaged Gallatin at McCallie during camp. On offense, Gallatin couldn't get the ball cross the line of scrimmage. SC walked all over them at camp.

Last time I checked Gallatin won the scrimmage 5-1, which in a game is 35-7. I don't know where you heard that from.

Sevier County scrimmaged Gallatin at McCallie during camp. On offense, Gallatin couldn't get the ball cross the line of scrimmage. SC walked all over them at camp.

From what I heard, you are right about the Thursday scrimmage. Gallatin didn't do well against Sevier Co. in the first scrimmage. However, they wore Sevier out on Saturday 5-1 and that's a fact! GHS went on to beat McCallie on Monday 3-1...

Maybe GHS will get to see SC in the playoffs... good luck to SC this season.

Has Gallatin EVER been truly "down and out?"

Would 7-3 be considered down and out for Gallatin?

Gallatin has as good tradition and community support as anyone in the state. This is part of why they seem to always be successful.

I just can't see Gallatin not being in the hunt for the region title and advancing in the playoffs. Yes they were upset by Ravenwood last year. Gallatin seems to never be whipped. The only way to beat them is to spread them out and out run them. Having played against both teams last season, Gallatin was much more physical and tough. Ravenwood was athletic and a finesse team. If Gallatin gets the lead, they pound you and it's pretty much over. To beat them you must get the lead and get them out of their comfort level. That's easier said than done.

I still say Gallatin was by far the best team we faced in 13 games last season and will probably be the toughest opponent we face this season.

Thanks for the kind words HLHS. While we struggled a little offensively last year the defense got us out of quite a few jams. Not sure if we can put that much pressure on either side of the line of scrimmage this year. And the answer is "yes". If we go 7-3, it is considered a down year. Just the way it is.

BIGGREEN, that's a much better attitude than what your previous post indicated.. I should have stated in my reply that the coaches also helped create a sense of "43 seniors" and the rest of the guys on the team last season. I didn't mean to infer that the reason Gallatin lost to Ravenwood was strictly the seniors fault. There were some very good ball players in that senior class and many were called upon by the coaches to do more than their share last season. The fact that the underclassmen only saw mop-up duty late in blowout games did nothing to help prepare them for this season. There's nothing like real game experience. You are also correct in saying, if things go south with this years team, the seniors will get much or most of the blame. I've been hearing negative comments about this class since they were in middle school but I do know they love this team and regardless of how things seem, they do care and want to win as much as any player at GHS ever has!!

Hopefullfy this coaching staff realizes the mistakes of the past and will work to correct all or as many of those mistakes as possible. Only time will tell if coach Lassiter will/can adjust his coaching style. From some of the things I'm hearing he is allowing and making lots of changes this season. I guess we will all know soon enough.

I TOTALLY AGREE

Expectations are high in this town. Unrealistic....maybe. But every youngster in this town knows about the Green Wave and the football tradition. We learn it, live with it, and deal it out on Friday nights. When you play Gallatin you play the entire town.

So true. Even though I go to Station Camp, before it was built I was to go to Gallatin High School. And in the whole city and the school, it's pretty much a football town. Rich tradition, and always high expectations.

I personally think Gallatin will still make the playoffs, but might not be able to reach the 10-0 mark.

YEAH I HEARD THE SAME THING ABOUT THE FIRST DAY AT CAMP BUT THE SECOND DAY I HEARD THE GREEN WAVE WOKE UP AND REALLY LOOKED GOOD....TIME WILL TELL..CANT WAIT TILL LEBANON COMES TO TOWN...LEBANON IS ALWAYS A VERY PHYSICAL TEAM...GOOD TEST FOR THE YOUNG MEN IN GREEN AND GOLD..IF THEY DONT WIN A GAME THIS YEAR MY BLOOD WILL ALWAYS RUN GREEN AND GOLD...