Just out of curosity.....

http://www.thejacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll...PORTS/708020310

So, last year when White does something similar or God-forbid if the CB who shall remain nameless did this, all I would read is about how much of a thug they are and an example of the Titans gone bad.

So why, at least to me, is this article written in a positive tone for Young? I don't really see any difference.

Last year, Rookie LenDale spit in the face of Donnie Nickey after a hard tackle, precipating a brawl. Nickey went ballistic, and rightfully so.

White crossed the line with his actions, let alone showed his butt by being a rookie and doing that.

This year, Nickey (trying to keep a roster spot by being all over the field) smacks a rookie receiver (Felani) in a borderline hit and JF comes away dazed (he's a rookie, no harm no foul). Next play, Nickey horse collars Courtney Roby (veteran) in a very questionable play and Roby goes down and stays down. VY, incensed at Nickey's increasing over the line play, gets in his face. They have words, he slaps at Nickey, brief tussle, Mawae steps in taking VY's place, challenging Nickey. Fisher, et al, break it up.

VY was sending a message of support to his side of the ball. Last year, LenDale was being a punk. Pacman DID do these things his rookie year- and the veterans wanted his butt in a bad way, but was called off by Fisher.

IMO, it is who is doing the smack talking, who is challenging whom, and in what context. Rookies are expendable and don't count yet. Do it to a vet, and it's a different game.

Coaches love this stuff, anyway you slice it.

The difference is that Young is the face of the team, but he was taking up for team mates that nobody knows except for Titan fans. I guarantee that it brought that whole offensive unit together. You noticed that VY was the first one in Nickey's face and was able to throw a punch. The next time it happens, I'll bet you anything that before he can raise his fist he has 5 big offensive lineman doing his dirty work for him.

Fisher loved it, and you could tell.

Evidently he slept in his own bed rather than in the hotel the night before the preseason game.

I don't know whether or not he ignored the rule and thought it didn't apply to him, or he was ignorant of the rule.

Either way, it was stupid. He acted like a 22 year old kid, and not the leader of a professional football team.

He was obviously embarrassed./

Evidently he slept in his own bed rather than in the hotel the night before the preseason game.

I don't know whether or not he ignored the rule and thought it didn't apply to him, or he was ignorant of the rule.

Either way, it was stupid. He acted like a 22 year old kid, and not the leader of a professional football team.

He was obviously embarrassed./

I'm just saying that's two events in the past week that had it happened to other players people would be raising cain about it. Just callin' it like I see it.

I'm just saying that's two events in the past week that had it happened to other players people would be raising cain about it. Just callin' it like I see it.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean has he not figured out that they do room checks at the hotel. Fans know of Fisher's 4 year and under rule for housing during camp so you know the star QB does. I think fans have to realize Vince is still young and others on the teams need to step up and lead this team.

It's not such a mystery guys. If your personna is positive and friendly, and when you slip up you show immediate contrition- people give you a pass. If your personna is negative, combative, and your actions are always someone else's fault, then when you mess up you get ripped.

VY's actions don't cause anyone in the coaching staff any sleepless nights. Mr. Jones, to prove an obvious point, has contributed to much group insomnia.