William Blount looks impressive

OwlPride

First of all there was no touchdown, the tight end got hawked down on the 8 yard line, and the Ooltewah tackle did the only thing he could do and that was to tackle the then sophmore TJ walker, and that is clearly a hold. And as for the Delay Of Game not called last year, i went back and looked at the film and clocked it.

I m not getting fired up ive been fired up and just wanting you to have a chance to correct all your mistakes.

The Holding call was on Brian Marshall in the backfield. The BIG problem with the call is how it was made.

When the QB rolled outside the end Marshall blocked the end. The ball was delivered to the receiver and he broke

a tackle a ran down to the 8 as you stated. The White Cap (Which was standing 5 yards from me) did not drop

a flag until the receiver was around the Blount 20 yard line.

Go back a get your film and stop watch and hit play.

THIS is why Ooltewah was so upset. If it was holding as he called why didn't he call it when it was made.

Why is this white cap banned from any Heritage or Maryville games? Good question?

Bottom Line: In any close ball game any one play can make the difference in winning or losing. Ooltewah might

not have even scored on that last drive but Mr White Cap made sure they didn't get a chance.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting...

http://www.murphyfair.com/polls.html

I just hope he is right.

Go Govs!

I guess you do! Murphy does a good job but his preseason polls are not that good. If WB can get away from that ole' broken Wang T and not play too many kids both ways, they could have a good year this year. I would not count Oak Ridge out as some on here have. WB is always big, fast and every year it is “Their Year”!. WB needs to have some success and build upon it but they have always been very inconstant and UN balanced under Meadows. Case in point. Last year, like other years they beat #1 ranked DB during the play-offs and then folded their tents and lost the following week. During the 12 games WB played last year they averaged only 37 yards in the air and about 180 on the ground. With the team speed WB enjoyed last year they have got to get more balanced if they want to get past the second round of the play-offs. Few teams above 3A will go far without balance.

I wish the Gov's all the best!

I guess you do! Murphy does a good job but his preseason polls are not that good. If WB can get away from that ole' broken Wang T and not play too many kids both ways, they could have a good year this year. I would not count Oak Ridge out as some on here have. WB is always big, fast and every year it is “Their Year”!. WB needs to have some success and build upon it but they have always been very inconstant and UN balanced under Meadows. Case in point. Last year, like other years they beat #1 ranked DB during the play-offs and then folded their tents and lost the following week. During the 12 games WB played last year they averaged only 37 yards in the air and about 180 on the ground. With the team speed WB enjoyed last year they have got to get more balanced if they want to get past the second round of the play-offs. Few teams above 3A will go far without balance.

I believe I heard that they are no longer running the Wing T... Does anyone know if this is correct? Its my understanding they are looking to be more balanced on offense. I definitely see your point though... the Farragut game in the playoffs last year was a heart breaker but I think a lot of that loss had to do with Darren(RB) getting hurt early. The team relied way too much on him.

Go Govs!

P.S. - I would never count OR out...

This is interesting...

http://www.murphyfair.com/polls.html

I just hope he is right.

Go Govs!

I have heard that the Govs will be very strong this year. I'm not real familiar with the murphyfair polls, but I have to wonder what he was thinking by having Maryville 3rd in the 4A poll. Until someone dethrones them, they are the measuring stick for everyone else in the state of Tennessee.

Coach Meadows took over a program that had had 3 coaches in 3 years. He's now entering his fourth season. Two years ago they advanced to the play-offs and lost a heat breaker in round 1. Last year, they advanced into the second round and lost a very close game to a good Farragut team (unable to overcome the emotional blow of losing their stud running back and team leader). If that is indeed "inconstant" as you've noted, I hope Coach continues this string of "inconstancy" this year!

I was out on the field immediately following the loss to Farragut last season ... I saw a super bunch of kids who had played their hearts out , left it all on the field, and came up short. I didn't see anyone who had "folded their tent."

As far as the "every year is their year" ... I've not come across too many teams that go into to the season with the mindset that says, "this is not our year." I hope our kids, our coaches, and our fans never get to that point where they'd think that. If our goal was anything less than 15 & 0 and a state championship, I'd be disapointed.

I agree with you on the "balancing" the offense analysis. I believe our coaches do also and I believe the personel and the system are in place this year to accomplish this.