Farragut v. Knox West

CU06

ihavenofriendzz.

Farragut only has four home games because the administration has made a feduciary, and responsible decision to further support the needs of the Admiral soccer team. Now that has to agitate you more than the KnoxWest guy, no?

OK, I'll cease and desist from all sarcastic and incindiary remarks for the remainder of the season. Honestly. As far as the West/Farrragut game, two weeks ago, I would have thought that West would roll by Farragut. Too many playmakers. Farragut certainly has one of, if not the best playmaker/RBs in the area in Sterling, but I was concerned that West had too much team speed for them. I have since come around to the thinking that West's DL, may not be able to stay with Farragut's OL.

I was able to get some more info on the West/Catholic scrimmage. My understanding is that Cathoilc began rotating their 2nd OL in as early as the 2nd series. By all accounts that I have, Catholic's OL mauled West's DL. I personally feel that Catholic's OL is better as a whole than Farragut's OL, but that Farragut's OL will for the most part be able to handle West's DL. All 3 of West's LB's, Coley, Watson (I think), and Johnson are quick, physical, and big enough to cause problems. Farragut saving grace should be that Sterling needs very little space, and will not go down easily. Farragut should be able to grind it out. West can, and probably will score in a hurry, and can do it bunches. It could come down to a "who has the ball last" type of deal.

ruse?

Its worth saying that Catholic and Farragut run two different offenses. The wing t catholic runs is more confusing and doesnt let athletes fly to the ball as fast. Farraguts o will be easier to read and our lbs coley hurston johnson and safeties baylosis and wagner make a play on the runner quicker than they were able to against Catholic

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened in the scheduling is that both teams needed a home game this year to make 5 home and 5 away.

I was actually thinking that right after I posted the question. I was going to make an edit and say something about it and that they just shouldnt have scheduled eachother if that was the case, but I guess 6 home games next year wouldn't be too bad though. I am also considering changing my prediction simply because the game is at West. But I have a lil while until the game so I can think about it more.

And about the Hardin Valley situation, I think what may happen is in a few years the county will rezone the Farragut people that are going to Hardin Valley when it opens back to Farragut, since I mean they live in Farragut and there is a ton of room for growth near HV and they are already starting to develope there. Farragut seems to almost be out of room for new homes, so I think here in about 7 years or so HV could be the next Farragut. People will end up having to move to a nice home there since there will be no room left in Farragut. I could see HV being 2500+ kids in less than 10 years.

he he ihavenofriends ....lol sorry i irritate u so...i am just passionate about my team..i will admit it was the central game i was thinking of about the rout..but i am man enough to admit my own mistakes....sry....lol..i feel that u think i hold farragut in low regard..i do not..in any way shape or form i think they are more than a worthy opponent....i just believe that in th9is game west has more to prove....that is all and over the past couple of years when west has kinda been the underdog (i.e. central last year) west has rissen to the challenge and in many cases dominated....i dont think west will dominate..but i do believe that west willnot take this game lightly and come to play a physical game.......get ya popcorn ready.!!!!!!!

he he ihavenofriends ....lol sorry i irritate u so...i am just passionate about my team..i will admit it was the central game i was thinking of about the rout..but i am man enough to admit my own mistakes....sry....lol..i feel that u think i hold farragut in low regard..i do not..in any way shape or form i think they are more than a worthy opponent....i just believe that in th9is game west has more to prove....that is all and over the past couple of years when west has kinda been the underdog (i.e. central last year) west has rissen to the challenge and in many cases dominated....i dont think west will dominate..but i do believe that west willnot take this game lightly and come to play a physical game.......get ya popcorn ready.!!!!!!!

I don't think you hold Farragut in low regard and I do agree with you that West has more to prove than Farragut does. It is hard to say a 5A team has more to prove against a 4A team, unless you are playing Maryville. I am not saying that all 5A teams are better than 4A teams, look at Farragut's record against just 1 4A region the last few years. Of course, it could be one of if not the best 4A region in the state. It is more of just the way alot of people would look at it. I don't think West is a bad team at all. I just think Farragut is better. I am sure you feel the same about West being better than Farragut. Usually most people think their team is always better, unless it is clearly obvious that one is better, and even then the bad team can still win. I am still sticking with Farragut for now though.

Any thoughts differ after West's jamboree win over Fulton?

I'll have to say I have more faith in West now. I was expecting a one quarter killing by Fulton, but when Klatzbach got the ball he just kind of took off, nobody could catch him. I never knew he was that good. Anyway, this makes me think that the Farragut game is going to be a good one, and I'll say West by 7.

This should be a great game....Farragut has the power and West has the speed........im very excited for this game...i think it all comes down to defense for both teams....both teams are filled with offenses studs but which team will show up for defense....i think the Admirals will.....Farragut 28 West 17 in a great game