Morristown East vs Science Hill scrimmage Aug 10

EASTFAN

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me personally….I think you East fans should slow your role and give West the respect due. I mean lets be real here…East has managed to field a team with a winning season 2…maybe 3 times in 10 years…and you have the nerve to insinuate that there is a rivalry with a team that is the representation of this region EVERY year. As a matter of fact I heard some of the same talk last year and they spanked you handedly in both games. From all indications you will have a good team this year and you may even win the battle of the Mo’s but it will be back to business as usual in 08’! I’m sorry…but somebody had to say it!!!!!

did ne body give us respect.....NO....so y give it to west......back to business as usual in 08 .....good one

Me personally….I think you East fans should slow your role and give West the respect due. I mean lets be real here…East has managed to field a team with a winning season 2…maybe 3 times in 10 years…and you have the nerve to insinuate that there is a rivalry with a team that is the representation of this region EVERY year. As a matter of fact I heard some of the same talk last year and they spanked you handedly in both games. From all indications you will have a good team this year and you may even win the battle of the Mo’s but it will be back to business as usual in 08’! I’m sorry…but somebody had to say it!!!!!

Spanked in the first game would be a stretch. West does not show respect to east but we should respect them? Respect goes both ways and saying that because they always are good means they will always be good is dumb. Tides turn and Hatcher has only been here for one season. The last ten years is a moot point. Last year was 9-4 under hatcher. Your opinion is just that, your opinion.....sorry but somebody had to say it.

Spanked in the first game would be a stretch. West does not show respect to east but we should respect them? Respect goes both ways and saying that because they always are good means they will always be good is dumb. Tides turn and Hatcher has only been here for one season. The last ten years is a moot point. Last year was 9-4 under hatcher. Your opinion is just that, your opinion.....sorry but somebody had to say it.

I drop by to read this message board from time to time and Cane fan you seem to be a class act. I don't know about the fans, but I can tell you that the Coaches and Players at M. West respect Morristown East a great deal.

I wish you guys the best of luck at your scrimmage and hope that both teams get out of the scrimmage injury free!

Take care

did ne body give us respect.....NO....so y give it to west......back to business as usual in 08 .....good one

That wasn’t a joke …enjoy being competitive with them while you can because a program like MoWest bounces back quickly. By the way…YOU (MoEast) haven’t done anything to earn respect that I can think of or remember. As a matter of fact…wasn’t last year the first time you’ve EVER made it past the first round of the playoffs??? That is a great accomplishment but nothing to brag about.

A couple of things about this post....

1. As far as respect is concerned.....When East has a good year and West doesn't, it is not perceived that way by those in the community as a whole. Partly due to the fact that the Cynical Turbine...er that's Citizen Tribune slants in the direction of West. (Hmmmm let's see....the Sports Editor is a West Grad as well as the owner's son. And another writer at the Tribune has what he calls a "man crush" on Coach Woods. He actually wrote an article admitting it.) It always at the end of the season is perceived is West just had a bad year and East deserves some credit like the little guy in school who acomplishes something every now and then and gets a pat on the head. Every season is a new season in high school football and should be perceived as such. New kids and new faces along with those nagging unpredictable injuries that hit EVERY team play a big part in the succes and failure of a team. Respect is earned each year. Not on what you have accomplished in the past.

2. From the comment back to buisness as usual in '08, it sounds as if you have written this season off already.

(Hope this guy is'nt playing for Coach Woods. If he is playing, I hope Coach Woods doesn't read this thread. Playing time might be short.)

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Woods and the job he has done turning a struggling West program around. Let's face it, they were struggling when he arrived.

I also have alot of respect for Coach Hatcher who seems to have not only turned the program around at East but has also brought a sense of pride back to a school that needed it. It is a pleasure watching theses kids play with the class and dignity worthy of being noticed by ALL in the communtiy. Not just fans, supporters and Alumni of the school.

That wasn’t a joke …enjoy being competitive with them while you can because a program like MoWest bounces back quickly. By the way…YOU (MoEast) haven’t done anything to earn respect that I can think of or remember. As a matter of fact…wasn’t last year the first time you’ve EVER made it past the first round of the playoffs??? That is a great accomplishment but nothing to brag about.

If you will dig deeper in that mud your slinging, you will find a State Championship Trophy that reads Morristown East on the placard.

I have confidence in Coach Hatcher. He will build a great program and already has in alot of aspects. Noah didn't not build his arc overnight. Nor did Coach Woods build West to the power house it has become over the last few years.

There is more to come from Morristown East. I am sure of it.

You are right…@ss whoppin is a better description. Sorry...but somebody had to say it. Don't worry we also took one from them last year…you hate that it happened but there is no shame in it because the rest of the state recognizes respect them as one of the most outstanding programs in the East. But they probably don’t know that a MoEast exists. And just think about it…how do you go about showing respect to a team that you have NEVER lost to? I’m sure they respect you as a person and as an opponent…but losing to you never crosses their minds.

You are right…@ss whoppin is a better description. Sorry...but somebody had to say it. Don't worry we also took one from them last year…you hate that it happened but there is no shame in it because the rest of the state recognizes respect them as one of the most outstanding programs in the East. But they probably don’t know that a MoEast exists. And just think about it…how do you go about showing respect to a team that you have NEVER lost to? I’m sure they respect you as a person and as an opponent…but losing to you never crosses their minds.

Dragging up history again.......I'll admit the playoff game was bad....horrible even. The regular season game was a great game on both sides.

The year before that was a little ugly.

In 2004 I do rememeber in your words an @ss whoopin' that took place at Burke Toney. One kids even set a record for rushing yards in that game. Can't remember his name right now.

Anywho.....it's too early for you or anyone here to start slinging mud. If Randy Frazier were still coaching the 'Canes I could probably see it, but he's not here anymore.

Times are changin'!

A couple of things about this post....

1. As far as respect is concerned.....When East has a good year and West doesn't, it is not perceived that way by those in the community as a whole. Partly due to the fact that the Cynical Turbine...er that's Citizen Tribune slants in the direction of West. (Hmmmm let's see....the Sports Editor is a West Grad as well as the owner's son. And another writer at the Tribune has what he calls a "man crush" on Coach Woods. He actually wrote an article admitting it.) It always at the end of the season is perceived is West just had a bad year and East deserves some credit like the little guy in school who acomplishes something every now and then and gets a pat on the head. Every season is a new season in high school football and should be perceived as such. New kids and new faces along with those nagging unpredictable injuries that hit EVERY team play a big part in the succes and failure of a team. Respect is earned each year. Not on what you have accomplished in the past.

2. From the comment back to buisness as usual in '08, it sounds as if you have written this season off already.

(Hope this guy is'nt playing for Coach Woods. If he is playing, I hope Coach Woods doesn't read this thread. Playing time might be short.)

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Woods and the job he has done turning a struggling West program around. Let's face it, they were struggling when he arrived.

I also have alot of respect for Coach Hatcher who seems to have not only turned the program around at East but has also brought a sense of pride back to a school that needed it. It is a pleasure watching theses kids play with the class and dignity worthy of being noticed by ALL in the communtiy. Not just fans, supporters and Alumni of the school.

A couple of things about this post...

1. When has East had a better season than West…1960 something? Whenever it was it was before my time.

2. Your statement “Respect is earned each year. Not on what you have accomplished in the past” Is ludicrous!!! Individuals are measured from year to year but programs are measured by their accomplishments of the past. Take Maryville…you won’t find anybody to dispute that they are the finest 4A football program in the state of TN. Do you think it’s because of what last year’s team did? NO it’s because of all those Gold Balls in the trophy case.

3. Oh yea…one more. I’m with the Vikings and my views aren’t a representation of them…they are my own. But I probably haven’t said anything that many of the West fans and player haven’t thought.

4. One more and I promise this is it. It’s easy to respect a coach that took you program from 4-7 to 9-4. Let’s see if you still support him at the end of this year if you loose (what I believe to be) your best opportunity to slay the giant.

If you will dig deeper in that mud your slinging, you will find a State Championship Trophy that reads Morristown East on the placard. I have confidence in Coach Hatcher. He will build a great program and already has in alot of aspects. Noah didn't not build his arc overnight. Nor did Coach Woods build West to the power house it has become over the last few years. There is more to come from Morristown East. I am sure of it.

Why don’t you just save me the time of getting the backhoe out and tell me?