Morristown East vs Science Hill scrimmage Aug 10

EASTFAN

Not a proving ground is right and the Moeast coach said just that to the SH coach when he wanted to go ones again after 8 possessions. He said "we don't have anything to prove". Get a clue about things before you start digging into our coach.

Exactly! So why didn't he send the "1's" back out on the field like was agreed upon before the scrimmage? You said it . . . "we don't have anything to prove". I rest my case!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He proved that the ones had gone enough and had got the work that they came to get and there was no need to risk injury because the SH coach said "we want the ones again". I'm sorry that the scrimmage did not work out well for SH but 8 possessions is more than some teams get in a game. The ones went for a good hour and 20 min. and that was enough for coach hatcher.

I believe that formats are set up before the scrimagges are agreed to it and I believe that was the agreed upon arrangement. I don't know first hand but I just thought it was funny that you said that it wasn't a proving ground and then quoted your coach as to saying that they didn't have anything else to prove. Most scrimmages I've seen end with the ones and SHHS went twos against east's ones a good deal. Water under the bridge now, I know that it made a good weekend for you the hurricane following and I hope that your season goes as well as you hope.

It is water under the bridge and it was a good scrimmage but I did not use the word "else" in my qoute. I said "anything to prove". I think SH will have a good year this season and will make the playoffs. I don't like the O that the new coach is running and think that they could have more success running something else but that is just my opinion. Good luck this year topvol and I will be keeping up with the toppers and at many times be pulling for you guys. You have a really good ball team. Our D looked good due to the fact that everybody but #40 and #10 played on that D last season and those 2 are soph. subs that work with the first unit.

It is water under the bridge and it was a good scrimmage but I did not use the word "else" in my qoute. I said "anything to prove". I think SH will have a good year this season and will make the playoffs. I don't like the O that the new coach is running and think that they could have more success running something else but that is just my opinion. Good luck this year topvol and I will be keeping up with the toppers and at many times be pulling for you guys. You have a really good ball team. Our D looked good due to the fact that everybody but #40 and #10 played on that D last season and those 2 are soph. subs that work with the first unit.

No you didn't use "else" in you quote of the coach and I guess that was a subliminal slip on my part. Maybe I heard it from another source or the tone that was inflicted as it was repeated that made me think that was the case. My bad.

Science Hill's best quarterback is not even on the field. The wrong Daniel is playing QB. Sharp will not get it done. He didn't at Boone last year and won't at SH. The best Daniel is the freshman Norris. He is the real deal. If SH wants to compete, Norris needs to be given a chance. He has the legs and arm.

Science Hill's best quarterback is not even on the field. The wrong Daniel is playing QB. Sharp will not get it done. He didn't at Boone last year and won't at SH. The best Daniel is the freshman Norris. He is the real deal. If SH wants to compete, Norris needs to be given a chance. He has the legs and arm.

Norris is a good looking QB and I would say his time will come, BUT he isn't ready for varsity nor is he better than Sharp. Norris has had full opportunity to compete for a starting job and I can assure you Coach Smith will put the player that will give Science Hill the best chance for a victory on the field.

But, in my humble opinion, Norris is third in the QB rotation and probably won't knock Sharp off the top spot next year either. Everyone needs to be ready to play when his time comes. Never know when an injury will occur. Just work hard and be ready!

Norris is a good looking QB and I would say his time will come, BUT he isn't ready for varsity nor is he better than Sharp. Norris has had full opportunity to compete for a starting job and I can assure you Coach Smith will put the player that will give Science Hill the best chance for a victory on the field.

But, in my humble opinion, Norris is third in the QB rotation and probably won't knock Sharp off the top spot next year either. Everyone needs to be ready to play when his time comes. Never know when an injury will occur. Just work hard and be ready!

Daniel Norris does have the potential to become a good quarterback at SHHS but he is nowhere near the best at SHHS at this time. The freshman team worked out against the JV today and while Norris showed some positives, overall he did not show that he is close to being a third string QB, let alone the best at SHHS.

Not a knock on D. Norris as he is talented, but he needs to get stronger physically and develop a better throwing motion in the next year or two before he can be anointed the best QB on the Hill.