Morristown East vs Science Hill scrimmage Aug 10

EASTFAN

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things about this post...

1. When has East had a better season than West…1960 something? Whenever it was it was before my time.

2. Your statement “Respect is earned each year. Not on what you have accomplished in the past” Is ludicrous!!! Individuals are measured from year to year but programs are measured by their accomplishments of the past. Take Maryville…you won’t find anybody to dispute that they are the finest 4A football program in the state of TN. Do you think it’s because of what last year’s team did? NO it’s because of all those Gold Balls in the trophy case.

3. Oh yea…one more. I’m with the Vikings and my views aren’t a representation of them…they are my own. But I probably haven’t said anything that many of the West fans and player haven’t thought.

4. One more and I promise this is it. It’s easy to respect a coach that took you program from 4-7 to 9-4. Let’s see if you still support him at the end of this year if you loose (what I believe to be) your best opportunity to slay the giant.

Let's look at some things here.....for clarification of my post and responses to the previous in order.

1. East has had several season as good or better than West. The '79 team comes to mind as well as some of Coach Bragg's teams in the early to mid '90's.

2. High School football is like following a rookie league baseball team, (ie: the Johnson City Cardinals, Kingsport Mets etc). Different faces and kids. The new faces and kids can't win games based on what their predecessors did the year before or the year before that. Maryville had to earn those gold balls every year. TSSAA didn't go ahead and have them engraved for Maryville at the begining of the season. Take a team that beat Cater a couple of years ago that were 5-5 in the regular season and went on to win the State Title. Yes, Maryville is a respected team for their accomplishments, however they still have to win games to win the Gold Ball. In short, each season is a new season.

3. Don't care who you're with but you obviously cared enough to post here on a thread concerning SH and an East Scrimmage. BTW... you're posts have been way off and I can't believe I have lowered my standards to respond to them. Especially considering you don't live in Morristown and haven't got a clue what you were talking about pertaining to the history of the rivalry.

4. Yes I will respect him at the end of the season because of what he is teaching these kids to be on and off the field. There is more to life than football. Not saying anyone else isn't doing that, just glad Coach Hatcher and his ENTIRE staff is doing it now at East.

Dragging up history again.......I'll admit the playoff game was bad....horrible even. The regular season game was a great game on both sides.

The year before that was a little ugly.

In 2004 I do rememeber in your words an @ss whoopin' that took place at Burke Toney. One kids even set a record for rushing yards in that game. Can't remember his name right now.

Anywho.....it's too early for you or anyone here to start slinging mud. If Randy Frazier were still coaching the 'Canes I could probably see it, but he's not here anymore.

Times are changin'!

What is it with you people and this “mud singing” crap. I’m not “slinging mud” I just feel (as a fan of the game) that just because you have a new coach and a team with a lot of potential this year you shouldn't think you’ve become the new “superpower” of NET. MoWest is and has earned that title in my opinion and I personally don’t see it changing anytime soon. We (like you) were able to put together a good team and made a run at the title in 04’ because we knew West was having a down year. We actually beat West that year…but guess what happened the next year, and the year after that. That’s right…back to business. I do admit that I know nothing about Morristown politics so my words are just my opinion and nothing more.

You East fans seem so angry. You sort of remind me of our cross town rivals Virginia High…they never win either.

Okay . . . Two hours to the waited Morristown East vs. Science Hill scrimmage. (which is what this thread is suppose to be about)

I will be looking for the opinions, thoughts and assessments of the match from both sides this evening and tomorrow.

I pray that everyone gets some work done without any injuries. Good luck orange and black.

Let's look at some things here.....for clarification of my post and responses to the previous in order.

1. East has had several season as good or better than West. The '79 team comes to mind as well as some of Coach Bragg's teams in the early to mid '90's.2. High School football is like following a rookie league baseball team, (ie: the Johnson City Cardinals, Kingsport Mets etc). Different faces and kids. The new faces and kids can't win games based on what their predecessors did the year before or the year before that. Maryville had to earn those gold balls every year. TSSAA didn't go ahead and have them engraved for Maryville at the begining of the season. Take a team that beat Cater a couple of years ago that were 5-5 in the regular season and went on to win the State Title. Yes, Maryville is a respected team for their accomplishments, however they still have to win games to win the Gold Ball. In short, each season is a new season.

3. Don't care who you're with but you obviously cared enough to post here on a thread concerning SH and an East Scrimmage. BTW... you're posts have been way off and I can't believe I have lowered my standards to respond to them. Especially considering you don't live in Morristown and haven't got a clue what you were talking about pertaining to the history of the rivalry.

4. Yes I will respect him at the end of the season because of what he is teaching these kids to be on and off the field. There is more to life than football. Not saying anyone else isn't doing that, just glad Coach Hatcher and his ENTIRE staff is doing it now at East.

What!!!! That is the most ridiculous analogy I have ever heard. There is no comparison other than they are both sports.

Until Maryville moves to 5A they could save themselves some time if they did.

Do you even hear yourself? You just stated yourself that out of the last 28 years or so (in your own words) East has had a season as good or better than West in 79’ and 90’. Two years….2 YEARS out of 29!!! Come on now. I’m now wondering why I lowered my standards of common sense to reply to U?!!

I got to the scrimmage about 15 minutes after it started. If neither team scored in the first 15 minutes then the final score was 2 to 1 with Morristown East leading. I think Science Hill's only score came when the second strings were out there. Science Hill was sloppy on offense. Second string looked much better.

#8 for Morristown East was injured during the scrimmage, but I think he will be ok.

I didn`t get to make it, but a friend who goes to ETSU did and he said East looked MUCH faster than S.Hill especially on offense. Said East had lots of depth at RB and in the secondary, but said both lines looked a bit lean. I`m sure someone else who went can give a full report better than the little I got.

I didn`t get to make it, but a friend who goes to ETSU did and he said East looked MUCH faster than S.Hill especially on offense. Said East had lots of depth at RB and in the secondary, but said both lines looked a bit lean. I`m sure someone else who went can give a full report better than the little I got.

East's last touchdown score was made on a long run. The Toppers failed to wrap him up and he just ran down the sideline.

The Hurricane defense contained Soloman. #5 done well near the end of the scrimmage. The Toppers need to work on those snaps.

First play from scrimmage was a draw for about a 40 yard gain by SH. The next several possesions resulted in 3 and out with negative yards on a few and a INT. East had great play by Linebackers and the secondary. #5 Howell,#44 Montes, #2 Kyle, #40 Helton,#18 Teveras had a good scrimmage. The Dline played well but it was so hard to see who made the stops on short runs. Overall I would give Easts D an A.

Offensively, they sputtered at times but still had big plays. #1 Dockery had a long run on a counter that set up the first score and #4 Blanton had a long TD run. Both I think were in the 40-50 yard range. Offense C+

Science hill had #44 on D that made a ton of plays. That kid hustles. The offense worked the edges too much. Sweeps and throwing outside the hashes all night. They really never attacked the center of the field very much. #5 and #40 for SH look pretty good.

Varsity East 16-0

JV SH 7-0