Preseason Top 5 for Norhteast Tennessee

PowrPlus

It’s all hear-say evidence so far, but listening to some football coaches and interested parties along the way during football media days, here’s a quick preseason top five for Northeast Tennessee:

1. Sullivan South (Class 4A)

2. Science Hill (Class 5A)

3. Dobyns-Bennett (Class5A)

4. Tennessee High (Class 4A)

5. Johnson County (Class 4A)

Doug Fritz is a sports writer for the Johnson City Press.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. Fritz is usually wrong.

B. Science Hill will rule the area and destroy South

C. DB still can't be ranked below South. DB lost a ton, but so did South. Remember last year? South was going to win??!! 44-o ring a bell? Not that big of a difference.

Fritz will have to change his picks early after the Hill mauls South just like DB did last year.

I hate to say it, but like any other DB graduate or fan can attest, before you can rank any team ahead of DB in this northeast Tennessee region they must beat DB. Potential is one thing, actually doing it is another. Let the players do the talking this year, not Doug Fritz and especially not the Johnson City Press.

Roll Tribe.

C. DB still can't be ranked below South. DB lost a ton, but so did South. Remember last year? South was going to win??!! 44-o ring a bell? Not that big of a difference.

Fritz will have to change his picks early after the Hill mauls South just like DB did last year.

You are pretty much correct, Bud. When Fritz picks you it's almost the death penalty.

Isn't Fritz a D-B graduate?

And yes I have to agree with "srupley", so to speak...to be the man you must beat the man.

Preseason or in season poles really don't mean much. They are however fun to read. Things are always settled on the field.

Preseason rankings are alot of fun. But I do agree that the only rankings that matter are the ones at the end of the year after everything has been settled on the field. And yes I think most people would consider Greenville and Morristown as part of East Tennessee. But not many people from that area buy the Johnson City Press. Between South, Science Hill and DB, it would be tough to pick one above the other at this point. They all have the potential to be on top, but still have some "polishing up" to do to get there. I think after the first week of the season a clear number one will emerge.

Isn't Fritz a D-B graduate?

And yes I have to agree with "srupley", so to speak...to be the man you must beat the man.

Preseason or in season poles really don't mean much. They are however fun to read. Things are always settled on the field.

The WaCo JaCo 5A Top 10 Poll is 100% correct !