Down year for Morristown West

Trojan_Faith

I'm a big Morristown West fan, but I can't help but feel that this year is going to be reminiscent of our rough year three years ago.

Why?

1) The offensive line.

We lose Joe Brown and some other great offensive linemen. These guys were real lynchpins on the line and replacing them so far has been questionable at best. Rumor has it that the offensive line has been the team's weak point in their (thus far awful) scrimmages.

2) Overall quality loss.

Wesley Hale, Quentin Greenlee, Drameece Kyle, Joe Brown, Joseph Wiggington, Tim Doute, Rabbit Lowery, JJ Sims, Heath Carr, and plenty more great players are gone. Thus far, replacements have not shown that they have what it takes.

3) Overall attitude.

I've been around some of the players this Summer and am downright appalled at the attitude that has been exhibited. I'm not quite sure why they feel the need to celebrate and feel like they've already earned something, but I think it will be their downfall... I think they have quickly forgotten that the last two years have been the efforts of the UPPERCLASSMEN that are now gone.

Like I said, I'm a huge Morristown West fan and will even tell you that I'm connected to the school, but I think that a bad year might be what it takes to get us back to the glory days of the last two years.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big Morristown West fan, but I can't help but feel that this year is going to be reminiscent of our rough year three years ago.

Why?

1) The offensive line.

We lose Joe Brown and some other great offensive linemen. These guys were real lynchpins on the line and replacing them so far has been questionable at best. Rumor has it that the offensive line has been the team's weak point in their (thus far awful) scrimmages.

2) Overall quality loss.

Wesley Hale, Quentin Greenlee, Drameece Kyle, Joe Brown, Joseph Wiggington, Tim Doute, Rabbit Lowery, JJ Sims, Heath Carr, and plenty more great players are gone. Thus far, replacements have not shown that they have what it takes.

3) Overall attitude.

I've been around some of the players this Summer and am downright appalled at the attitude that has been exhibited. I'm not quite sure why they feel the need to celebrate and feel like they've already earned something, but I think it will be their downfall... I think they have quickly forgotten that the last two years have been the efforts of the UPPERCLASSMEN that are now gone.

Like I said, I'm a huge Morristown West fan and will even tell you that I'm connected to the school, but I think that a bad year might be what it takes to get us back to the glory days of the last two years.

Wow i must agree...not just b/c i play for east but i still remember freshmen year when we beat west and varsity did the same they very next day..you didnt have all the people starting you had the past two years.I believe that west still has some talents but i saw the spring game and i think they need leaders to step up and boost moral. I think we will get them this year.

MoWest will be fine, always are. Coach Woods is very good at developing players, and adjusting where there are needs to best fit the skill sets available. Maybe the Trojans don't roll into the Mville game undefeated this yr., but I would not put being there past them. They did lose some key guys up front, but those that will replace them will absolutely develop as the season goes along, and all they need to do is get to the playoffs, not get there undefeated. The cupboard is not bare as old Granny Holtz like to say.

Why?

1) The offensive line.

2) Overall quality loss.

3) Overall attitude.

Keep your head up and have Confidence in Coach Woods. He and his staff always produce a winner and every team has to replace upperclassman. MW will win their region IMO. So all will be normal again!

I believe MoWest will be as strong as they are every year, but does anyone else think that the Knox Sentinel article is laying it on a bit thick. Nearly 10 starters back on both sides of the ball? I don't believe that unless several starters plan on playing offense and defense. Anyone from Morristown West know the exact number returning?

I believe MoWest will be as strong as they are every year, but does anyone else think that the Knox Sentinel article is laying it on a bit thick. Nearly 10 starters back on both sides of the ball? I don't believe that unless several starters plan on playing offense and defense. Anyone from Morristown West know the exact number returning?

That's 10 using the new math.

I would say that there are 15 total who had a start last year and 12 who played a great deal. However, since I am not certain of both lines, it could be more. The article is very gracious to West which is appreciated, but I am not sure how accurate it is either. Last years team was a very talented and experienced team, but that team is history. We have struggled in the scrimmages we have had, but each has been better than the last. I do not think we will be undefeated this year, but we should do OK in the region. And let's face it, until someone finds a way to beat the football machine called Maryville, that is about the best the rest of us in East Tennessee can hope.