WHERE YOU AT LAKE COUNTY FOOTBALL FANS?

spellerone

Refer to my above post. First of all, no one has called anyone a loser. And seriously, what's the purpose of these message boards if supporters can't get on here and make objective predictions about their respective teams without getting blasted by so-called "fans" when they don't pick their team to win a particular game? I guess if I don't think the Junior Falcons could beat...oh, let's say, the Titans, then I'm not a true fan.

Also, the Banner does not exist to be a cheerleader for the LC football program. That's what sports information departments are for, but they don't exist at the high school level. The Banner provides news, analysis and commentary about Lake County sports. It would be irresponsible journalism if the Banner just blindly picked Lake County to win every week without analyzing the facts and making an informed decision. Of course the Banner wants LC to win, but making a prediction in the newspaper isn't going to affect the outcome of a game. And believe me, everyone that has picked Trenton to win tonight will be MORE than happy to eat crow if LC pulls it out.

AMEN bigwes....even though I think EJ has closed his eyes and picked LC to win at least a couple of times over the years. Not that there is anything wrong with that..,. Sometimes you have to go with your heart. For most people the older you get the more realistic you become. Life will do that to you. Nothing anyone says about you or me or Timbuktu can affect the outcome of anything unless we allow it to. I believe Jim Valvano said 'Don't give up, Don't ever give up." Good words to live by. Hmmm, did you compare the Titans to the Golden Tide? The Tide are not going to appreciate that.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys (and girls if that applies),

Sorry I am late. I am so ready for this season to start. Good Luck Falcons!

I don't know how many games you have to go to before you become a "true" LC fan but in the three years I've lived here I have only missed 2 season games. So I will gladly voice my opinion. So there! Neener Neener Neener PPTHH!

Anyway, I don't think this team will look as good this year as last years team. I don't however believe that will be the deciding factor in the W-L column. I don't care if we stink as long as we keep winning! I believe LC will show out this year. I just don't kbnow by how much. I believe Coach P. knows what he's doing and with 1 coach for every 6 kids they had better be awesome. I forcast that the team will make huge gains over the period of the season but it WILL take some time.

I agree with you FalconLB_51 What a shame for home folk to tell you your a loser and claim to be your fan. Even the good ole faithful banner picked the golden tide over you. that my son is motivation to prove them wrong. all these old has beens would of felt the same way if coach t was around in their days and some old guy told them they would lose. most of these non believers won't be there anyway because i'm sure they are too smart to waste money on a ticket since they know the outcome. i really thought the 5 quarter would have been on tonight since we know all the scores before friday even rolls around. my son is in middle school football and nobody thought they would win but wait they did. getter done big green

..You kind of make me laugh..No one here has called them losers..As far as not being there..I can promise you I've been to more games than you have ..And I'll be there tonight..And I don't just have to drive a few miles depending wheter you live in Ridgely or Tiptonville.Even a home game for me is about 45 to 50 miles..The Banner is just predicting a score..not calling them losers..Everyone is for their Falcons..We all hope they don't lose a game...Were you at all those games a few years ago when a win was very few?I believe Wes played on those teams..Probably wouldn't want to be reminded..But..I'll bet if you were and if somehow you could win 10,000 dollars to predict a game back then against U.S.J by picking the winning team..I'll bet you wouln't have picked Lake Co..If this were Lake Co from last year..I believe Lake Co would win..Any player on the team should go into every game thinking they will win...Hopefully..they;ll win every game..I'll be there..Would you be there if you didn't have a son in the Lake Co program?I don't have one and I've been going since the late 60's!

Refer to my above post. First of all, no one has called anyone a loser. And seriously, what's the purpose of these message boards if supporters can't get on here and make objective predictions about their respective teams without getting blasted by so-called "fans" when they don't pick their team to win a particular game? I guess if I don't think the Junior Falcons could beat...oh, let's say, the Titans, then I'm not a true fan.

Also, the Banner does not exist to be a cheerleader for the LC football program. That's what sports information departments are for, but they don't exist at the high school level. The Banner provides news, analysis and commentary about Lake County sports. It would be irresponsible journalism if the Banner just blindly picked Lake County to win every week without analyzing the facts and making an informed decision. Of course the Banner wants LC to win, but making a prediction in the newspaper isn't going to affect the outcome of a game. And believe me, everyone that has picked Trenton to win tonight will be MORE than happy to eat crow if LC pulls it out.

I'd eat two helpings of crow..And you do a great job on the paper..But..I saw Trenton and the quarterback last year and he is extremely quick..This Lake Co team is not last years Lake Co team..so I guess some fans just don't want to realize that...Lake Co had trouble with Central last week getting outside and I don't believe they are nowhere as quick as the kid from Trenton..I hope Lake Co has worked on that..if they have..I'm looking for a win..if not..it could get ugly real quick..Bogan shhould help..but if the Trenton players get outside..it's over!

bogan wont be a factor, he is to slow, i saw him when dyersburg went 7on 7 with the falcons, he is a good 1a football player but he needs to be a d-end to slow for backer,

Come on Trojan..Bogan is pretty tough at that line backer spot..Had about 120 tackles or morre last year...He'd give Elam a run for his money!

All-right I guess I started all this mess and I'm happy for all the commotion. lol. I'm from Mckenzie, and I love Rebel Football. And if you asked me at the begginning of last year if I liked Lake County it would of been ugly. But as the season went on I met some of these old geezers posting on here. And others I've chatted with from time to time, and heck next thing I know I'm rooting for ya. I will say this, these guys me and ya'll are running down are Lake Countians through and through. Cut em and see what color comes out. I've met some real nice people the last couple of years chatting with ya'll. And I hope ya'll feel the same. Good Luck on ya'lls season. I hope you don't win a game. But have fun trying.

bogan wont be a factor, he is to slow, i saw him when dyersburg went 7on 7 with the falcons, he is a good 1a football player but he needs to be a d-end to slow for backer,

You must be out of your mind. Bogan will be a factor.He always is. Just because Dyersburg has the best team in their school history does not give you a right to run down a player. I'll take little 1-A LC football history over Dyersburg's anyday of the week. Please worry about the trojans and not the 1-A falcons. By the way he is just as good as any linebacker Dyersburg has.The slow comment is a joke.Bogan runs a 4.7 or 4.8 that's not bad for a kid who weighs 245.

Trenton won this game 54-27..The quarterback from Trenton is the fastest player we'll see this year and they have several good running backs as well..Trenton has an excellelent team..As for my Falcons..I'm proud of them..Didn't quit ..Was behind about 26-0 and played good ball the second half..If the defense gets better at stopping the run..Lake Co will be all right the rest of the way..But..Trenton's speed,mostly the quarterback was responsible for that ..Lake Co played all right the second half on offense ...Lake Co had a couple more scoring chances in the 2nd half..Kimble caught a pass..made a spin move and the ball popped out at the 2 yard line...Lake Co was also on the 10 yard line with about 40 seconds left but the clock ran out before they could snap the ball on 4th down..Trenton has a good team but I was surprised to see the quarterback and the rest of the starters still in the game with 2 minutes left and Trenton winning 47-27..And then they threw a bomb trying to score more points over a very young team..He overthrew the receiver but came back a couple plays later and scored with about a minute and half left...Lake Co got the ball..went into their two minute offense and passed the ball to about the ten as the game ended..It would be bad to have seen the quarterback tear or break something while still playing that late with a large lead..But..he may be wanting to get the early nod for Mr.Football and pad the stats..That's fine..part of football..but Lake Co is a young team..the shoe just could be on the other foot next year..Another play that caught my eye was on tne last touchdown ,the Trenton ball carrier was ahead of most of Lake Co team..there were a couple of the faster Lake Co players within 3 yards but about 30 yards back downfield,a Trenton player cracked back on a pretty hard hit on a Lake Co player that wasn't even close to the play..Remember Warren Sapp hitting Chad Clifton..The officials threw a flag but counted the touchdown and walked the penalty off on the extra point..The officials said it was a dead ball..The ball carrier was about 7 yards from the goal line..I thought it should have been called back....No difference from a clip it would seem..If it was a dead ball ..or they thought he was across the goal line ..looks like it could have been an ejection unless they didn't feel like it was intentionalBut..sometimes those plays happen...But..not crying about the officiating....All in all ..I thought it was a clean game,maybe other than that one play,which may not have been intentional..but considering the play was 30 yards up field and the ball carrier was already coasting in the end zone..shouldn't have even touched the player..Trenton was the better team..a great quarterback....I hope Trenton does well and win their district..Lake Co is young but played hard. .... Players having to play the whole game both ways..Cramps several times..Very little depth...All in all..I saw some good things and believe Lake Co will get better as the year goes on..And they may have played the best team they'll face this year in Trenton..And the fastest..Good luck to both teams!