WHERE YOU AT LAKE COUNTY FOOTBALL FANS?

spellerone

Bigster I have to hand it to you,you are one of only a handful of posters on the T that could paint such a rosey,optimistic picture of a beatdown.......I don't know what you do for a living,but if you are a salesman I bet you could sell ice to an eskimo.....

In the first half,when the game was actually in doubt(if you can call it that)Peabody was dominating and doing whatever they wanted to do...It was 26-0 and Harper was running against to what amounted to air.....I turned the game off at halftime and missed the comeback by the Falcons(the Tide was ahead by 26 at half and won by 27 so I don't know if it was a comeback)and I know you said starters were playing for Peabody late,I just wonder how many starters were playing on defense??...Of course "The Ole Ball Coach" at South Carolina looks at blowouts like this,If they are still scoring we gotta keep scoring.... I figure LC had to play starters late in the game because of numbers...Anyway,it doesn't really matter what LC does against Trenton,it doesn't count for the playoffs..Right??.....

I may be using your "glass half-full views" next week when UC travels to Martin Westview.....

You guys ought to have a pretty easy game next week.....Good Luck......Looking forward to the catfish in a couple of weeks!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster I have to hand it to you,you are one of only a handful of posters on the T that could paint such a rosey,optimistic picture of a beatdown.......I don't know what you do for a living,but if you are a salesman I bet you could sell ice to an eskimo.....

In the first half,when the game was actually in doubt(if you can call it that)Peabody was dominating and doing whatever they wanted to do...It was 26-0 and Harper was running against to what amounted to air.....I turned the game off at halftime and missed the comeback by the Falcons(the Tide was ahead by 26 at half and won by 27 so I don't know if it was a comeback)and I know you said starters were playing for Peabody late,I just wonder how many starters were playing on defense??...Of course "The Ole Ball Coach" at South Carolina looks at blowouts like this,If they are still scoring we gotta keep scoring.... I figure LC had to play starters late in the game because of numbers...Anyway,it doesn't really matter what LC does against Trenton,it doesn't count for the playoffs..Right??.....

I may be using your "glass half-full views" next week when UC travels to Martin Westview.....

You guys ought to have a pretty easy game next week.....Good Luck......Looking forward to the catfish in a couple of weeks!!

Harper is the best athlete that Lake Co. will face all year. LC would have Trenton 3rd and long and then Harper would break one. He is a great player. LC will more than hold their own the rest of the year. LC will not play anyone that will come close to the talent that Trenton has.Trenton played their starters (offense and defense) the whole ballgame. Trenton will beat alot of people bad this year but what goes around always comes back around. By the way UC will be on the short in of a beat down next week.

Harper is the best athlete that Lake Co. will face all year. LC would have Trenton 3rd and long and then Harper would break one. He is a great player. LC will more than hold their own the rest of the year. LC will not play anyone that will come close to the talent that Trenton has.Trenton played their starters (offense and defense) the whole ballgame. Trenton will beat alot of people bad this year but what goes around always comes back around. By the way UC will be on the short in of a beat down next week.

What offense does Lake Co run?

The NAKED BOOTLEG, oops sorry that's after the game. Lil wing T, and new this year is LEAN BACK AND CHUCK IT.

So when does the lil typhoons come to Mosquito Land?

It will be bag a funnel cloud nite. First 200 fans gets a free umbrella and goloshes.

So come early and don't forget the DEEP WOODS OFF! Cause the humming sound you hear aint the cotton gin.

Bigster,

If the penalty was as you described it, then it sounds like they enforced it correctly. Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties like that are considered "live ball fouls enforced as dead ball fouls." One of those quirky rules with a lot of gray area. Although, I have to say that in a blowout like that, I'm surprised they let the touchdown stand; they could have called it a clip and just brought it back, which is what most good officials probably would do in that situation.

Anyway, sounds like things went about as expected, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Trenton is apparently as advertised and will probably make a lot of noise in their region. I'm with Bigster, if LC can find some defense to go along with what sounds like a pretty potent offense, they will be just fine.

Trenton has been building this team for a couple years now. You just knew it would grow fruit sooner or later. It's tough on Gibson County Pioneers though. Right down the road and so few athletic Participation. But Lake County aint down and out. Last Season Trenton waxed Mckenzie 35 to 6. And if not for a last second touchdown woulda been zip. And Mckenzie finished 10 and 2. Lake Couty will be a Surprising Blackhorse wait and see. And don't forget bag a cyclone night. Go get pop and don't forget sis, cause this will be a game YOU WON'T WANNA MISS!

I'd sure try to sell eskimos some ice..lol..And as hot as it's been,could really make a lot of money from all the people not eskimos..And # 7 was in the whole game on defense as far as I can remember..He did come out for about 7 offensive plays during the game

Wes..The officials got it right then..It wasn't a clip or from the back..It was kind of like the Sapp play..Nothing illegal to me about the hit itself because the play was still going on....Just everyone knows it's going to be a touchdown and just stand and watch and relax a little ..and boom!Just that neither player was even close to being on the play..I guess the bottom line is be aware all the time..Trenton has a very good team..They were just too quick..Can't do a whole lot once they break free from the line and get in the secondary..A team like Milan ..that may have the athletes to keep Trenton from getting in the secondary will probably do okay..We just don't have the athletes..at least not this year to stop a team with Trenton's speed..We have several players that have good speed and I don't believe any of the teams that we play the rest of the year will have that kind of speed so I think we will be able to play with any of the teams left..

Butchie:You may not believe this..and it's the first time I can ever recall at a Lake Co game..I never saw even one mosquitoe..Even a freind of mine said the same thing to me at the game..Haven't been bitten one time tonight..I guess it was too hot for them too!..Now..in saying that..the only swelling your boys are going to see this year against Lake Co..won't have anything to do with the mosquitoes!..Good luck to your Rebels..except in one game this year!

I aint buying that crap. Why do you think the fish are so big and taste so good? It aint because your sewage drains in the Lake. lol We was coming to Lake County last yr for a game and 2 of em hit my windshield and smeared crap so thick Pepsi wouldn't cut it. I bet they cause more accidents than deer crossings. Good Luck to Lake County this season and don't miss Bobble-Head Falcon Nite at the ALL-New Rebel Stadium.

I posted about the game Friday night ..after a loss..Wes and Lake Co Falcon has since posted...Looks like we pretty well made the right call about the game even though we wished Lake Co had won..One post even doubted if we would even be there..Lake Co Falcon fan was there..Wes would probably have been there if he weren't at school in Knoxville..I was there until the last snap..Usually mighty mac and spellrone is on..they've been on after losses before ,so they may beworking or tied up for the past couple days..but for the fans that were questioning about us not picking Lake Co to win or our loyalty and came on and posted about it...Where are you guys?A true fan won't just wait until they win before they post about the game..Gotta take the good with the bad..Be a true fan and come on here..congrat the other team..make excuses....talk about the mosquitoes...whatever..At least don't go into hiding..Even ole Butchie came on here and had his two cents worth..Maybe he's a true Lake Co Falcon fan!

Bigster,

If the penalty was as you described it, then it sounds like they enforced it correctly. Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties like that are considered "live ball fouls enforced as dead ball fouls." One of those quirky rules with a lot of gray area. Although, I have to say that in a blowout like that, I'm surprised they let the touchdown stand; they could have called it a clip and just brought it back, which is what most good officials probably would do in that situation.

Anyway, sounds like things went about as expected, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Trenton is apparently as advertised and will probably make a lot of noise in their region. I'm with Bigster, if LC can find some defense to go along with what sounds like a pretty potent offense, they will be just fine.

Although a legal hit,it's still bush league...It's like when a linebacker goes after a kicker or a defensive lineman goes to block a QB after an interception 40 yards away from the play.....That kind of garbage almost cost Chad Clifton his career....

And Butchie....If there were no mosquitoes in Tiptonville on that hot Friday night as Bigster would have you believe then they must have come up with some type of netting system to catch them and they are planning to release them on the visitor bleachers two weeks from now....Either that or it was just so hot the little dive bombers were resting and relaxing in the lake over by Blue Bank...

Trenton will be by far Lake County's toughest opponent and next week Martin Westview will be Union City's toughest game,but it's good that these programs play the tough non-region games..Even though it's usually going to be a "L" it still helps prepare your team for on down the road.....

Purple ..For some reason if I hit reply..this computer at work is showing an error..I'm having to copy your comments and then paste it and go to add reply...Although a legal hit,it's still bush league...It's like when a linebacker goes after a kicker or a defensive lineman goes to block a QB after an interception 40 yards away from the play.....That kind of garbage almost cost Chad Clifton his career....You're right..but I'm going to give the Trenton player the benefit of the doubt..May have just been over anxious...but should have been watching the touchdown himself..Overall it was a pretty good officiated game..Trenton was just to fast!

And Butchie....If there were no mosquitoes in Tiptonville on that hot Friday night as Bigster would have you believe then they must have come up with some type of netting system to catch them and they are planning to release them on the visitor bleachers two weeks from now....Either that or it was just so hot the little dive bombers were resting and relaxing in the lake over by Blue Bank...

About the mosquitoes..I promise..I don't remember even remember seeing even one..I would think I was crazy too..How bout it Falconfan..do you remember having to slap at any mosquitoes?Maybe we do have some kind of netting system..If we do..I may have to get out of the ice business and selling to eskimos and start selling those..If they can catch all those mosquitoes..I'd be rich prett quick!

I heard ya'll are catching em mosquitoes and feeding em to Tyson Chickens. And someone is looking at the chickens doot shoot to see the effects of it.

But your right Bigster, These so called fans are hiding because Lake County lost. They should be on here win or lose like the gentlemen you just mentioned. And Blue and Gold...... Well somethings just come with the territory.

And heck I am a fan, I was rooting for ya last season. At the very end. Now I aint biased my son aint playing for Mckenzie now. lol