Region 5-1A Scrimmages

Cannon was not 1 and 1/2 hours late. They were maybe 10 minutes late. The scrimmage was set to statrt at 7. Jo byrns may have been flat but so was Cannon. They rode a school bus for 2 1/2 hours and got off the bus, straight to the lockerroom, and straight to the field. No excuses, Jo Byrns beat them in the scrimmage but Cannon could have played much better than was shown. Good luck to the Devils this season.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannon was not 1 and 1/2 hours late. They were maybe 10 minutes late. The scrimmage was set to statrt at 7. Jo byrns may have been flat but so was Cannon. They rode a school bus for 2 1/2 hours and got off the bus, straight to the lockerroom, and straight to the field. No excuses, Jo Byrns beat them in the scrimmage but Cannon could have played much better than was shown. Good luck to the Devils this season.

I got there @ 6:45 and I made it there before they did. I figured they would have wanted to be there at least an hour before the game to get dressed and warm up. That's why I said 1 1/2 hours late.

JBHS had their best game of the preseason last night, beating Houston Co. 17-0…a very business like performance. Everything looked sharp. The kicking game was on, the offense showcased its talent, and the defense was solid.

As for WHH, they look really good but killed themselves with turnovers. I think they beat Todd Co. Ky. 7-0. They've definitely improved from last season. I look for them to give JB a better game than they did last year. I still feel like JB is definitely the better team though. WHH will definitely be in the playoffs.

JB keep doing what you're doing. It sounds like you guys had a great week of practice and it showed.

Clarksville Academy tied Rossview Highschool 0-0 tonight in the Montgomery County Jamboree. It was a very defensive game. One thing I notice this year about CA that is different from last year is that everyone on the team swarms to the football on defense. It used to be that only one or two people would actually hit someone, but the whole team knocked the crap out of some backs and recievers. Offensively, they still need a little work, but from last year in their jamboree against Rossview they have definitely gotten a whole lot better. Rossview had their playmakers (Dominic Scott, Johnson, etc.) in for the entire game, except for one or 2 series out of about 8. Look for these guys(Clarksville Academy) to make it to the playoffs this year.

Yes, Clarksville Academy does have 28 kids on the football team. Rossview is a 4a school and from what I saw, Rossview had about 70 or 75 kids out there. I think the big thing was the turnovers CA caused, there were 2 or 3 fumbles and there probably should have been another 2 by way of an interception. Rossview has extremely fast athletes in Scott and Johnson, and at the beginning they seemed to be able to run the sweep anywhere(at least for 2 or 3 plays), until CA adjusted and got into the backfield.