Region 5-1A Scrimmages

Hey Pred, how has Eagleville looked in their scrimmages so far? Who have they scrimmaged?

I only know of two of them and I wasn't able to make either, but they had one against Mt Pleasant that went pretty bad but another one a week or so ago that went much better. Im not even sure who that one was against lol.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let’s just say JB didn’t look good tonight. They beat Cannon Co. 4 to 1 but it wasn’t pretty at all. Before I get into JB’s performance let me just say that Cannon Co. came out with a lot of passion and played hard; totally different team from years past. Now for JB…the first string lost a fumble on the very first play and that set the tone. I don’t want to get too critical this early in the season but I feel I may need to. The first team looked UNINSPIRED AND SOFT. It didn’t look like anybody on the first string wanted to win a championship. They just didn’t have it in them, no passion. I know it’s just a scrimmage but you practice like you play. If you don’t do it in a scrimmage what makes you think you’ll do it in a game. All that’s left between now and week one are a Jamboree and 8 practices. They better ask themselves if they really want this because if not, they’re going to get sent home in a hurry. Again, I know it’s early but time is running out. GET IT TOGETHER GUYS!

Alright enough about that…in terms of execution, JB did a much better job on defense with their pursuit and tackling. I still saw a couple of repeats from last week but overall, much better. The opposite could be said about the O-line’s blocking. JB had a lot of missed blocks but they had even more players not maintaining their blocks. I also think that we held on to the ball a little too long. The passing plays developed sooner than anticipated so we could have gotten rid of the ball a little quicker.

I normally wouldn’t be so critical this early in the season but I was disappointed in the passion tonight. Its one thing to question a team’s talent but it’s another thing to have to question their passion or desire. I know the talent is their for the most part. I just need to see the passion.

Lastly, congratulations to #10 tonight (Josh Dean I think). He gets the game ball. Everyone I just called out tonight needs to take notes from this guy. I don’t want to get too ahead of myself but very COLTON-ESQUE performance tonight.

JB fans, call me out and correct me if I'm wrong.

Well I'm not disagreeing with the mistakes and turnovers but I no for a fact that the team is getting it together.THey had a big meeting in school where all the captains and players got everything straight. I disagree with the statement about the players not wanting to win a championship. Looks are deceiving. Just because you are not hooping and hollering don't mean you don't want to win a championship.Jo Byrns has never been especially the past 5 or 6 years been a team to be loud. They just go out and do their business and get the job done.

Well I'm not disagreeing with the mistakes and turnovers but I no for a fact that the team is getting it together.THey had a big meeting in school where all the captains and players got everything straight. I disagree with the statement about the players not wanting to win a championship. Looks are deceiving. Just because you are not hooping and hollering don't mean you don't want to win a championship.Jo Byrns has never been especially the past 5 or 6 years been a team to be loud. They just go out and do their business and get the job done.

Good to hear sounds like a step in the right direction there is no better way to get things in order than to get everthing out in the open.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Good to hear that the players had a heart to heart. I was never a player to hoop and holler so I know that means nothing. My post was based on the players’ performances and not their show of enthusiasm. I just felt like the players were just going through the motions rather than sticking it to somebody. For instance, in the Watertown game Shane laid the wood right off the bat. Shortly after that, Orlando gave someone a facial then smoked some dudes down the sideline for a TD. I know you're not going to have that kind of game every time but it just seemed like they wanted it more. I could tell they were excited about getting to play again. My opinion after the Cannon Co. scrimmage was that they weren't too interested. Who knows, maybe I'm being too critical. Maybe it was because Cannon Co. was 1-1/2 hours late. I just wanted to make sure the players were IN IT TO WIN IT, and based on what you've said it sounds like they are.

For the players…you guys already know what it’s like to lose and fall short of your goal, you’ve done it the past two years. Heck, I’d say everybody that’s ever played football at Jo Byrns has done it. So my questions to you are this: What makes you any different from the rest of us? How in the He!! are you gonna win a championship when the rest of us couldn’t. What is it that you are doing that no one else has done in the past? If you can answer these questions then you’re on the right track. I personally don’t have the answers. If I did, I’d be coaching somewhere

Anyone have results from any of Forrest's scrimmages? McEwen? M.T.C.S.?

The Rockets 3 way scrimmage with Huntland and Richland went well.Forrest looked a couple of notches above both Huntland and Richland. I'm not sure what exacly the scores looked like since it was a 3 way. The Rockets still have to improve with there new offense and get completely comfortable. The Defense looked good. Just have to keep working and improving every day. Sounds like Cascade will look good as they did a year ago. Should be a fun region to watch this season. Good Luck to everyone.

Here are the articles on the recent JB & WHH scrimmages. Looks like me and Coach Adkins saw the same things. Not to make excuses but it appears that the heat played a role in JB's performance. I look for JB to roll up Houston Co. this weekend. O.T. (not to be confused with O.J.) looks pretty impressive in the pic. And WHH continues to burn em up through the air.

Jo Byrns

WHH

Here are the articles on the recent JB & WHH scrimmages. Looks like me and Coach Adkins saw the same things. Not to make excuses but it appears that the heat played a role in JB's performance. I look for JB to roll up Houston Co. this weekend. O.T. (not to be confused with O.J.) looks pretty impressive in the pic. And WHH continues to burn em up through the air.

Jo Byrns

WHH

I said last year that I was very impressed with WHH's quarterback. It seems from the scrimmage that Joey McClung is really showing off this season. That team is very scary to anyone who has ambitions of winning this region. If you don't get some pressure on him, he's going to tear your secondary up!

I said last year that I was very impressed with WHH's quarterback. It seems from the scrimmage that Joey McClung is really showing off this season. That team is very scary to anyone who has ambitions of winning this region. If you don't get some pressure on him, he's going to tear your secondary up!

I totally agree. I said the same thing last year myself after the WHH/CHS playoff game. They are going to have a say-so in the region this year. They are the "Fly in the region 5-1A ointment".