DB

Mr. Crazy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Clark is running the no huddle offense calling plays from the side lines to catch the defense off guard.He is waiting for the defense to show what they are going to do.It is a smart move if it doesn't take a long time.I am like some other people on here, I don't like the 3-3-5 defense we are running.Linebackers are getting caught up in the line too much,and you can't blitz every single play.But I'm not a coach.

im sorry but last year when we played oak ridge and they did a similar play calling thing from the sidelines and they didnt catch us off guard and hes not looking at what kind of defense they have out there he has never really done that hes just calling the play he wants to run. the 3-3-5 defense we are and have been running i believe has worked pretty good and last year our linebackers didnt get caught in the line to many times that i can remember, but that could be cause they are ten times better and faster than this years group. i think this years line would benefit from going back to an I formation or the doubles formation because i dont think they are quick or athletic enough to block in the shotgun formation i dont think last years team was either but we didnt have a really experienced RB last year and we had good WRs and a good QB and this year we have 2 or even 3 decent or good RBs and 2 inexperienced and not that good yet QBs . i just dont think graham is doing a great coaching job right now with this group but thats just my opinion and i will support this team even if they arent good im just critizing them right now cause i can but i have good friends on this team so i want them to be successful.

im sorry but last year when we played oak ridge and they did a similar play calling thing from the sidelines and they didnt catch us off guard and hes not looking at what kind of defense they have out there he has never really done that hes just calling the play he wants to run. the 3-3-5 defense we are and have been running i believe has worked pretty good and last year our linebackers didnt get caught in the line to many times that i can remember, but that could be cause they are ten times better and faster than this years group. i think this years line would benefit from going back to an I formation or the doubles formation because i dont think they are quick or athletic enough to block in the shotgun formation i dont think last years team was either but we didnt have a really experienced RB last year and we had good WRs and a good QB and this year we have 2 or even 3 decent or good RBs and 2 inexperienced and not that good yet QBs . i just dont think graham is doing a great coaching job right now with this group but thats just my opinion and i will support this team even if they arent good im just critizing them right now cause i can but i have good friends on this team so i want them to be successful.

Crazy are you playing football anymore?

and a P.S. this strategy of haveing smaller more athletic players works GREAT in the fourth quarter where stamina and endurance is the name of the game.

You got the smaller part right about DB. DB's forte has always been playing 18-24 first string players and wearing down the other team in the second half. They just dont have the size this year from the senior class.

Coach has never put much game planning before scrimmages. DB usually looks at the opponets base def. for one day and thats it. The rest is jus going over plays and sticking to basics, also looking at other players. Which Clark did in the Knox. Central scrimmage. Zero penalties and looked at some really good younger guys that was the purpose of this and every scrimmage that clark coaches. Knox tried to draw DB offsides multiple times Db had a good head on there shoulders and didnt jump once. Knox also had a personal foul late hit penalty on the DB had zero. Number 40 Justin Sylvester's younger brother Devon looked really good out there at LB too. Good size and nice pic two drives into the "JV" portion of the scrimmage. diffrent coaches have diffrent out looks on scrimmages. Clark's is to see younger guys, and to have good fundamental blocking and be mentally smart I.E. no penalties and as far as im concerned DB Passed with flying colors. ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Coach has never put much game planning before scrimmages. DB usually looks at the opponets base def. for one day and thats it. The rest is jus going over plays and sticking to basics, also looking at other players. Which Clark did in the Knox. Central scrimmage. Zero penalties and looked at some really good younger guys that was the purpose of this and every scrimmage that clark coaches. Knox tried to draw DB offsides multiple times Db had a good head on there shoulders and didnt jump once. Knox also had a personal foul late hit penalty on the DB had zero. Number 40 Justin Sylvester's younger brother Devon looked really good out there at LB too. Good size and nice pic two drives into the "JV" portion of the scrimmage. diffrent coaches have diffrent out looks on scrimmages. Clark's is to see younger guys, and to have good fundamental blocking and be mentally smart I.E. no penalties and as far as im concerned DB Passed with flying colors. ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Good post Contender. It’s a shame you have to break down the purpose of scrimmaging.

Contender,

Nice post, but I have a correction and a question, D-B did have a block in the back penalty that negated a long run in the Central scrimmage and #40 is actually playing dog safety, I believe, isn't he?...as Coach Bingham said in an article on tricitiessports.com, D-B's scrimmage record over the years is maybe 500 at best...winning them is fine, but the purpose is evaluation...

Roll Tribe Roll