Midway and Unaka

pujo

Anybody know how it went. Midway people don't say much on hear, and Unaka has been silent. My guess is Midway must have been on the winning side.

If it's the same as last year the only talking from SOR will be on the field. I think this may be the best team Midway has had in a quite a few years. that's based on what i've heard anyway I guess we will know after they play Coalfield and Harriman

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo,

who is the second best team in Region 1-A this year?

I,d say its up for grabs,it seems to me that every team in it stands a chance of coming in second. They also have a chance of finishing last. Sort of a strange year. Once the season starts ,things will get clearer.

Well I'd take Grace out of the running for that... Probibly Jellico too.

I think they all have a chance, Jellico was young last season and Grace gave every team except Hampton a good game. Its up for grabs. Although I do think Hampton will win the region ,they haven't won a single game yet. The end of the season is when they give out the awards.

Midway 25 Unaka 0. Midway is a very good team with a sound offense and a tough defense. Unaka moved the ball very well at times and others not so good. The defense is sputtering and still trying to find the right people in the right places and was exposed in both scrimmages thus far. Look for them to get it straightened out and be in the running.

This is what I have been predicting. Things are going to get back to normal routine with Hampton and Cloudland dominating the conference. I look for both teams to actually handle Unaka pretty easily.

For those keeping score, chalk it up - Unaka is 0-and-two. If pre-season opinions count, then Unaka will be very competitive in-conference. The biggest concerns: The lack of practice time for a few players and a suspect secondary.

Unaka had a few players sidelined, to include the starting runningback and one of the top two fullbacks. Dustin Taylor's thumb is full of stitches, Dylan Yankee has a slight tear in his shoulder. Jeff Peters was back and looked pretty good, lacking only conditioning. He's catching up.

Comparing Harriman and Midway: Both are stout and agile up front. Slight advantage to the playmaking ability of Harriman. For what it's worth, I really liked the guy wearing #10 on the defensive front for Midway (most often at right tackle); long, stout and rangy. Sorry I didn't get his name.

Hunter Taylor was steady at quarterback. He's worked very hard this summer.

For those keeping score, chalk it up - Unaka is 0-and-two. If pre-season opinions count, then Unaka will be very competitive in-conference. The biggest concerns: The lack of practice time for a few players and a suspect secondary.

Unaka had a few players sidelined, to include the starting runningback and one of the top two fullbacks. Dustin Taylor's thumb is full of stitches, Dylan Yankee has a slight tear in his shoulder. Jeff Peters was back and looked pretty good, lacking only conditioning. He's catching up.

Comparing Harriman and Midway: Both are stout and agile up front. Slight advantage to the playmaking ability of Harriman. For what it's worth, I really liked the guy wearing #10 on the defensive front for Midway (most often at right tackle); long, stout and rangy. Sorry I didn't get his name.

Hunter Taylor was steady at quarterback. He's worked very hard this summer.

Not to take anything away from Unaka, but Midway was also playing without some starters( I believe about 5), and that were still able to produce. Good luck to Unaka in there season.