South Pittsburg vs Jasper (aka MC)

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, week 0 is in the books so it is now officially game week! Time for this thread to crank up. All of the cliches can be used for this one.

When these 2 teams meet you can throw the records out the window.

With rivalry games you can never tell what is going to happen.

etc. etc. etc.

The fact is that if ... IF ... South Pittsburg can keep the mistakes to a minimum and IF South Pittsburg can get things rolling early they should win this game. But Marion seems to be much improved. If the Pirates let them hang around a little too long anything can happen. I do think that the Pirates get things going to open the season up on the right foot. The Pirates win this one.

Hey TDS, Old Pirate says you on target with your thinking... this Pirate team has yet to set the tone of what they will do this season. The 1st game will give a big indication for both teams.

my senior year we had to go to south pittsburg to play and that was the first year of Dale pruit at the thrown of head coach. he thought he understood the the rivalry and every thing that went with it. It wasnt till we went back in the locker room after warm ups till he really understood it for real. He set us down and told us after goin out there and litterally feelin the tention on the field and feelin the hate cause he had on the purple and white he said now i know how important and big this game is to yall. This is the most electrified feeling he has ever felt and this is the father of jeromy pruit which is the defence cordinater of HOOVER HIGH. that year we beat pittsburg 27-22 after a wild 70 yard pass from TRAVIS JONES to SCOTT WILSON. I remember prayin to god help us win this game and sayin this more important to me beetin theminstead of senior night. . . . . and by the way it was there senior night

People dont realize the tention in the air and even Fans have butterfly's i brought someone that likes football even so so ... and they have already called me saying they were going to this game... Folks I dont care where you are from.. or how far u drive.. if you come to this game ( expect 7 or 8,000 people) this game is so intense. i personal compare it to Tennessee Alabama or alabama auburn.... it is very very loud and always exciting.. dont miss this game...

whats left ZP?I have alot of work in chattanooga right now but ill send a cple guys down for a day or 2..I painted everything last time incliding press box and inside where it says beense stadium and goal post lol.. let me know

Mainly just some painting. If you still have my email drop me a line and I'll fill you in

my senior year we had to go to south pittsburg to play and that was the first year of Dale pruit at the thrown of head coach. he thought he understood the the rivalry and every thing that went with it. It wasnt till we went back in the locker room after warm ups till he really understood it for real. He set us down and told us after goin out there and litterally feelin the tention on the field and feelin the hate cause he had on the purple and white he said now i know how important and big this game is to yall. This is the most electrified feeling he has ever felt and this is the father of jeromy pruit which is the defence cordinater of HOOVER HIGH. that year we beat pittsburg 27-22 after a wild 70 yard pass from TRAVIS JONES to SCOTT WILSON. I remember prayin to god help us win this game and sayin this more important to me beetin theminstead of senior night. . . . . and by the way it was there senior night

Thats a very good post friend. that pass was coompleted not to far in front of where i was standing. I guess i can congradulate jasper for that play now but at the time my spirit went from the top of the mountain to the crapper. Your post sums up the feelings of this game for both sides perfectly. I agree with OP and TDS on there post about fridays game. SP should win but this jasper team makes me nervous. I wish I could have seen them play a game before the SP game. I have nothing to judge them on except other posts and the jamboree. I still think the pirates defense will hold them in check enough for the SP win, but they better show up expecting a battle. Good luck to both teams. Respect each other. Let the fans do the hating.

I was on this team to billy bob and it has to go down as one of the top 10 greatest MC SP games and that game the year after the 13-12 game in MC was another great one

Thats a very good post friend. that pass was coompleted not to far in front of where i was standing. I guess i can congradulate jasper for that play now but at the time my spirit went from the top of the mountain to the crapper. Your post sums up the feelings of this game for both sides perfectly. I agree with OP and TDS on there post about fridays game. SP should win but this jasper team makes me nervous. I wish I could have seen them play a game before the SP game. I have nothing to judge them on except other posts and the jamboree. I still think the pirates defense will hold them in check enough for the SP win, but they better show up expecting a battle. Good luck to both teams. Respect each other. Let the fans do the hating.

o really i got the film i have watched over and over would you like a copy

I was on this team to billy bob and it has to go down as one of the top 10 greatest MC SP games and that game the year after the 13-12 game in MC was another great one

mchs51, Old Pirate asks................ where has Slick Rick and No Hope gone? This time last year they were both jasper fans & happy fence jumpers. There was a herd of fence jumpers last year, has things changed or has both been banned? Maybe they'll show up soon.....