cyclone football

oldcyclonefan

I don’t think it will take that long but you do have to be careful not to set expectations to high early on…especially this year. It was good to see so many kids wearing the Betsy colors! That's a good start.

there is just not that much talent on the team, but if you have the desire and the heart to win sometimes that overcomes all the talent in the world. and that seems to what coach is drilling into them

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Witten is putting in 'his footprint', thank goodness. Give him some time and good things will happen. He won't settle for less and that is good to see, but it will take time and 'his experience' coming thru his players. That will happen but not overnight. Good things are happening, slowly but surely, for Cyclone Football. You have to keep in perspective where the program was led the last few years. Witten has a long way to go.

GO CYCLONES!!

Witten is putting in 'his footprint', thank goodness. Give him some time and good things will happen. He won't settle for less and that is good to see, but it will take time and 'his experience' coming thru his players. That will happen but not overnight. Good things are happening, slowly but surely, for Cyclone Football. You have to keep in perspective where the program was led the last few years. Witten has a long way to go.

GO CYCLONES!!

Nice post. I could see a difference from last year to this year with the coaching staff having attended the Volunteer - Elizabethton scrimmages the past couple of years. He is very vocal and appears to be a motivator. I think he will do well. Good luck to you guys this season.

This is what this town needs is a coach that is involved in the youth program. Coach Witten has been to several of the Pee-Wee practices and the scrimmage this past Sat. He is already getting to know the future cyclone players and watching their efforts. Good Luck To The Fighting Cyclones this year and many years to come.

The Cyclone Tochdown Club is still accepting new members. So if you see a member, ask them about some of the things that they have done and also what is in the works for the current football season.

Once a Cyclone, Always a Cyclone!!

This is what this town needs is a coach that is involved in the youth program. Coach Witten has been to several of the Pee-Wee practices and the scrimmage this past Sat. He is already getting to know the future cyclone players and watching their efforts. Good Luck To The Fighting Cyclones this year and many years to come.

The Cyclone Tochdown Club is still accepting new members. So if you see a member, ask them about some of the things that they have done and also what is in the works for the current football season.

Once a Cyclone, Always a Cyclone!!

I wonder if any of the pee wee teams are going to have 7th graders playing down. I hate the new age limit, 7th graders should be playing Jr high. The way it is now ,you can have 4th grade kids playing 7th graders, That stupid. 60 pound kids playing against kids at 175, thats a little much.

The offensive line is definetly the weak spot on offense, the two tackles are getting it done but the interior lineman are just too small and weak. Better come up with some trick plays to get the ball down the field. Either that or move the two tackles to the same side. Bo Carter is really getting it done at defensive end. When they get around the goaline the need to throw some jump balls to the julian kid he is athletic and tall.

defensive tackle and linebacker

DT & linebacker...... 'bout what I figured. Like I said earlier........... it will take time. Give it some. Witten has alot of new stuff going on and it will take time to instill things with the players. No doubt, the trickle down effect will take hold over the next few years.

GO CYCLONES!