Rankings Week 1

mjuhb

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That gets sort of expensive doesn't it?

i don't coach if thats what you mean so so i don't think the school can fined

i was the ball boy getting a ball behind net our forward ball she elbowed in the gut in the box and no PK of course i went crazy

the jv game i'm talking the parents and the school resource officer tells me i have to go to the parking lot

Oh, my bad, thought you might have been coaching. I've been thrown out of a HS baseball game before, but someone has to keep the refs straight...right?

of course

but the thing that made me mad was our forward went down

i was trying to stick up for my player

Live2succeed -

While I am not for running up the score by any means, I have seen matches that are 9 or 10 to 0 but the coaches put restrictions on how their team could score. This is a hard balance to strike, I think. If you just start knocking the ball around the field and play possession, it can be interpreted as just as insulting to the other team. On the other hand, if you tell your team that they may only score on volleys or on headers off of crosses (or something else that will challenge your team) and they continue to put the ball in the back of the net, what are you suppossed to do?

I did not see the riverdale match. So, i do not know the circumstances surrounding the throttling. Just wanted to point that out.

Agree the sometimes it can't be helped. If, however, your top scorer scores 5 of those goals, that seems like padding. We had a blow-out game last year, but the normal forwards only played about 10-15 minutes of the whole game, and the younger players got most the playing time. We even had our goalie play as a forward for a time.

Live2succeed -

While I am not for running up the score by any means, I have seen matches that are 9 or 10 to 0 but the coaches put restrictions on how their team could score. This is a hard balance to strike, I think. If you just start knocking the ball around the field and play possession, it can be interpreted as just as insulting to the other team. On the other hand, if you tell your team that they may only score on volleys or on headers off of crosses (or something else that will challenge your team) and they continue to put the ball in the back of the net, what are you suppossed to do?

I did not see the riverdale match. So, i do not know the circumstances surrounding the throttling. Just wanted to point that out.

Like the St George game this week...17-0...real class, eh?