Camden vs Union City

rcombs

RCombs... I'm not trying to start an argument but let's be realistic. You may not have known what CPA had but don't you think Ward and the Lion players knew what they were up against. If not they must have been asleep in film study with the 3 tapes that are usually swappped during the playoffs. Camden could have played them ten times last year and not beat CPA.

Agreed Huntingdon got a BIG break with the 2-AA alignment. Huntingdon swapping Westview, Trenton and Humboldt for Adamsville, Stewart County and Houston County is great.... Lions4Ever said Camden has the ability to reload not rebuild. Just because Camden won a "watered down" region 6-AA last year doesn't a powerhouse make. Wasn't this the 1st time Camden ever won a regional title? Put Camden in 7-AA last year and they would be like Huntingdon. Sittin at home..... Possibly could have been the 4th place team.

I'm not talking specifically about Camden but until you've watched what other teams have across the state you don't know what caliber of football others have. Case in point ... CPA. Lots of zealous fans get on here and talk about how great they are and how deep they will go in the playoffs, when in actuality they're only as good as their fans think they are...

I am a fan of Ward and what he has done in a short time in Camden and Camden will have much success this year. Good luck to Camden this year and I hope you have an injury free season.

I know exactly what Rcombs is talking about when he says that Camden had no idea about playing a team like CPA. There are very few if any west TN teams that play that kind of Pro-Style offense...and no, until you play a team like that (which you did not), no matter how much tape you study, you have NO idea what its like. Could Camden have beaten CPA last year if they played 10 times...hard to say, but after the first 4 losses I think they could hang with them.

As far as Camden reloading...yes we do. Mansfield is not the only coach with a key to a weight room in West TN. Camden has been the whipping boy for Huntingdon for entirely too long and I don't see Ward allowing that to continue...it started last season and now that we are back again together like one big happy family in region 7, I see it continuing this season too. You say Huntingdon has been running with the big dogs for a long time...well have a peek at Camden's schedule. I guess Ward thinks you guys know a little something over in Carroll Co, so he's decided its his turn to take a run. Camden may not be a powerhouse by your standards, but allow me to be the first to welcome the Mustangs back to the land of football mediocrity.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said I'm a big fan of Ward... He didn't have to upgrade his schedule but don't you think if you were in 8-AA this year you possibly wouldn't make the playoffs with only 3 teams advancing and having a physical game each week and no time to recover. Maybe or maybe not. If Huntingdon had been in the region with Camden and Lewis County we would have made the playoffs last year.

All I'm saying is how good do you think a team is when they beat up on the likes of Adamsville, Stewart County and Houston County. Go ask USJ how "good" they are now since they've moved up playing in 8-AA and not beating up on weak sister university. A team could go 8-2 every year and not be worth a "hoot". What kind of answer is playing CPA ten times and after the first four losses we "Camden", could possibly hang with them.

One thing to remember.. CPA drilled Camden. Goodpasture drilled CPA. Alcoa then drilled Goodpasture. Maybe some day you'll understand what I'm saying.

Again good luck to the Lions and we look forward to having you visit the Mustangs this year.

Like I said I'm a big fan of Ward... He didn't have to upgrade his schedule but don't you think if you were in 8-AA this year you possibly wouldn't make the playoffs with only 3 teams advancing and having a physical game each week and no time to recover. Maybe or maybe not. If Huntingdon had been in the region with Camden and Lewis County we would have made the playoffs last year.

All I'm saying is how good do you think a team is when they beat up on the likes of Adamsville, Stewart County and Houston County. Go ask USJ how "good" they are now since they've moved up playing in 8-AA and not beating up on weak sister university. A team could go 8-2 every year and not be worth a "hoot". What kind of answer is playing CPA ten times and after the first four losses we "Camden", could possibly hang with them.

One thing to remember.. CPA drilled Camden. Goodpasture drilled CPA. Alcoa then drilled Goodpasture. Maybe some day you'll understand what I'm saying.

Again good luck to the Lions and we look forward to having you visit the Mustangs this year.

Please Mr. Mustang save your condescending attitude...we get to hear it at least once every season from you so just let me say thanks...I'm already looking forward to next season's sermon

Contrary to what you think...we Lion fans know just how far we have to go. But we also know how far we've come. Nobody could hang with CPA, Goodpasture, or Alcoa last year....NOBODY. One of the reasons Camden fans have reason to think that the light at the end of the tunnel is a little closer is because we've played teams like Huntingdon and Westview the past few seasons and either were able to hang with them or beat them. So it stands to reason if we play the tough schedule this season and are successful...then maybe oh maybe we might be headed in the right direction.

So we'll continue to be optimistic and talk our team up and you can continue to make sure we don't get the big head... and we'll see you in October at your house.

RCombs... I'm not trying to start an argument but let's be realistic. You may not have known what CPA had but don't you think Ward and the Lion players knew what they were up against. If not they must have been asleep in film study with the 3 tapes that are usually swappped during the playoffs. Camden could have played them ten times last year and not beat CPA.

Agreed Huntingdon got a BIG break with the 2-AA alignment. Huntingdon swapping Westview, Trenton and Humboldt for Adamsville, Stewart County and Houston County is great.... Lions4Ever said Camden has the ability to reload not rebuild. Just because Camden won a "watered down" region 6-AA last year doesn't a powerhouse make. Wasn't this the 1st time Camden ever won a regional title? Put Camden in 7-AA last year and they would be like Huntingdon. Sittin at home..... Possibly could have been the 4th place team.

I'm not talking specifically about Camden but until you've watched what other teams have across the state you don't know what caliber of football others have. Case in point ... CPA. Lots of zealous fans get on here and talk about how great they are and how deep they will go in the playoffs, when in actuality they're only as good as their fans think they are...

I am a fan of Ward and what he has done in a short time in Camden and Camden will have much success this year. Good luck to Camden this year and I hope you have an injury free season.

Seeing someone on film and then stepping on the field with them is two different things.

Please Mr. Mustang save your condescending attitude...we get to hear it at least once every season from you so just let me say thanks...I'm already looking forward to next season's sermon

Contrary to what you think...we Lion fans know just how far we have to go. But we also know how far we've come. Nobody could hang with CPA, Goodpasture, or Alcoa last year....NOBODY. One of the reasons Camden fans have reason to think that the light at the end of the tunnel is a little closer is because we've played teams like Huntingdon and Westview the past few seasons and either were able to hang with them or beat them. So it stands to reason if we play the tough schedule this season and are successful...then maybe oh maybe we might be headed in the right direction.

So we'll continue to be optimistic and talk our team up and you can continue to make sure we don't get the big head... and we'll see you in October at your house.

Lions4ever... Thanks.. I never knew I had a "condescending attitude". I'm sure Camden has a fine club this year but I don't think we need to pencil them in at the Boro this year. And yes they will be favored to beat Huntingdon this year.

Please answer my question to you about playing CPA 10 times and after the first 4 losses "they could hang with them". And yes, Camden would have been a 4th place seed in 7-AA last year and you know it and everybody outside of Benton County knows it too. Give us all CoachT posters a break...

All small towns are proud of their team just like Huntingdon and Camden but to get on here and talking about "reloading" sounds like Josh Parrott of the Jackson Sun. You said you would continue to be optimistic and build up your team but you also need to be honest with yourself and look deep inside your soul..

Oh yeah.. The Region 6-AA champs sign looks really good on Highway 70. Congratulations.. Keep up the hard work. Good luck to the Lions this year.

Lions4ever... Thanks.. I never knew I had a "condescending attitude". I'm sure Camden has a fine club this year but I don't think we need to pencil them in at the Boro this year. And yes they will be favored to beat Huntingdon this year.

Please answer my question to you about playing CPA 10 times and after the first 4 losses "they could hang with them". And yes, Camden would have been a 4th place seed in 7-AA last year and you know it and everybody outside of Benton County knows it too. Give us all CoachT posters a break...

All small towns are proud of their team just like Huntingdon and Camden but to get on here and talking about "reloading" sounds like Josh Parrott of the Jackson Sun. You said you would continue to be optimistic and build up your team but you also need to be honest with yourself and look deep inside your soul..

Oh yeah.. The Region 6-AA champs sign looks really good on Highway 70. Congratulations.. Keep up the hard work. Good luck to the Lions this year.

You have got to be kidding me. I'm glad not all the fans from Huntingdon are like you. You do have a condescending attitude.

And for you to say in your first post here that you weren't looking for an argument tells me that you were. And by the way, you don't see me over in the Huntingdon threads running my mouth and being a smartass, so I would kindly appreciate it if you didn't here either.

During the preseason, it's easy to pencil people in and count people out when it comes to state championship games, but the fact remains that the boys still have to step on the field and play ball. And that's a fact. Guess what? You're in a so-called 'patsy region' now. Also, because of said 'patsy region' is why Ward may have chosen to put more quality teams on the non-region schedule. To get our guys ready for what they will see in the later rounds of the playoffs. Case in point, last year we had only two non-region games. Huntingdon and Westview. Didn't have the opportunity for anyone else until playoff time. Now we are picking up the top of region 8AA, and Jackson NS. While the region isn't on par with a few others, the non-region schedule ain't no cakewalk.

The point is, Mr. Mustang, is while you cannot pencil Camden into the 'Boro, you cannot deny the fact that the Boro is where our coaches and players want to be, and that they are taking the steps to get there. Just because we've never been there doesn't mean we can't go there. So you can take all your soul searching comments, your 'honesty' and the rest of your crap, and go somewhere else with it.

I was going to respond but rcombs has done a fine job. But I will say thanks for the sign comment...we like it. As a matter, at the end of the season we plan to have a matching set.

Your either looking way to far into the term "reloading", just wanted to start an argument, or just plain confused...

I think Camden will do fine this year. Upgrading the schedule will help. Good luck.

I'd like to apologize if I made anyone upset. But just answer my questions I asked in previous posts. Where do you think you would have finished in 8-AA last year and what about beating CPA after loosing to them 4 times and then "possibly could hang with them". Forget about the condescending attitude of mine for a second.

Why can't people be realistic instead of trying to build their team up. We all know Camden will be just fine this year. They have a good club with good coaches. But please don't try to tell us about not knowing what kind of team CPA might have had last year and not being able to differentiate between seeing them on film and then having to play them. Don't you think the better team won? That's all one can say.

When McKenzie beat us last year we didn't like it but you know what, if you go back and read my posts , you'll see where I said they were better than us.

In all fairness, would all Camden posters here on CoachT please respond to my questions above. When you do, I think you'll see where I'm coming from.

Again, please accept my apology for any comments that I may have made that made any of the Camden fans upset.

All that drilling? And don't feel bad Mckenzie beat several last yr. Be fore folding like old laundry to JCS>

I'd like to apologize if I made anyone upset. But just answer my questions I asked in previous posts. Where do you think you would have finished in 8-AA last year and what about beating CPA after loosing to them 4 times and then "possibly could hang with them". Forget about the condescending attitude of mine for a second.

Why can't people be realistic instead of trying to build their team up. We all know Camden will be just fine this year. They have a good club with good coaches. But please don't try to tell us about not knowing what kind of team CPA might have had last year and not being able to differentiate between seeing them on film and then having to play them. Don't you think the better team won? That's all one can say.

When McKenzie beat us last year we didn't like it but you know what, if you go back and read my posts , you'll see where I said they were better than us.

In all fairness, would all Camden posters here on CoachT please respond to my questions above. When you do, I think you'll see where I'm coming from.

Again, please accept my apology for any comments that I may have made that made any of the Camden fans upset.

Ok...to finally answer your question Mr Mustang since it seems to be really bothering you. If Huntingdon had seen 4 more teams that ran the spread offense don't you think they would have had a pretty good shot at McKenzie? Same goes for Camden, if they had seen 4 more offenses the likes of CPA's they would have had a better shot. Now pay attention...I didn't say that Camden would have won, because you are right...the best team won.

As far as Camden fans being realistic...we are. We are making strides every year to be counted amongst the football elite. We aren't there yet...but we are on the right road. Hmmm, I don't really recall the Milans and Huntingdons, Goodpastures and Alcoas coming out their first year and winning championships. It all starts with good coaching, hard working kids, a supportive community and a lot of luck. Camden has all that now...so we must be doing something right. As far as seeing where you're coming from...have no fear, we ALL see, believe me. I know it must be very difficult for you to think of Camden as being a competitive football team since you've had the Lions pigeon-holed so long as something else entirely. But the days of Camden being everyone's homecoming game are long gone.

No need to apologize either. We are not upset in the least. You are a fan just like we are and are certainly entitled to your opinion. We will let the boys prove the point on the field...which is exactly where it should be done in the first place. You can continue to write us off as zealots that have no idea what we are talking about, but in the meanwhile, Camden fans will continue to talk up our team, discuss predictions, say stupid unrealistic things (in your opinion anyway ) and support this team 110% as always ...like it or not.