Camden vs Union City

rcombs

Ok...to finally answer your question Mr Mustang since it seems to be really bothering you. If Huntingdon had seen 4 more teams that ran the spread offense don't you think they would have had a pretty good shot at McKenzie? Same goes for Camden, if they had seen 4 more offenses the likes of CPA's they would have had a better shot. Now pay attention...I didn't say that Camden would have won, because you are right...the best team won.

As far as Camden fans being realistic...we are. We are making strides every year to be counted amongst the football elite. We aren't there yet...but we are on the right road. Hmmm, I don't really recall the Milans and Huntingdons, Goodpastures and Alcoas coming out their first year and winning championships. It all starts with good coaching, hard working kids, a supportive community and a lot of luck. Camden has all that now...so we must be doing something right. As far as seeing where you're coming from...have no fear, we ALL see, believe me. I know it must be very difficult for you to think of Camden as being a competitive football team since you've had the Lions pigeon-holed so long as something else entirely. But the days of Camden being everyone's homecoming game are long gone.

No need to apologize either. We are not upset in the least. You are a fan just like we are and are certainly entitled to your opinion. We will let the boys prove the point on the field...which is exactly where it should be done in the first place. You can continue to write us off as zealots that have no idea what we are talking about, but in the meanwhile, Camden fans will continue to talk up our team, discuss predictions, say stupid unrealistic things (in your opinion anyway ) and support this team 110% as always ...like it or not.

I think you're finally starting to see what I'm saying. We beat Hayes 4 years in a row so we can't use not having seen the spread as an excuse. We just didn't have the "horses" to beat them last year.

You answered #2 corrrectly but what about question # 1 about your ideas on how Camden would have finished in 7-AA last year?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're finally starting to see what I'm saying. We beat Hayes 4 years in a row so we can't use not having seen the spread as an excuse. We just didn't have the "horses" to beat them last year.

You answered #2 corrrectly but what about question # 1 about your ideas on how Camden would have finished in 7-AA last year?

The answer to your other question is I believe we would have pulled at least the number 2 spot in 7AA. Milan probably would have handled us, we beat Huntingdon, we lost to Westview in the last minute of the ballgame because of a fumble which may or may not have been a different intensity level if it was a region game, considering how we did against Humboldt in our recent scrimmage a win there was highly probable, we'll find out after next week how we would have fared against Trenton...GC and USJ would have been W's also. So it looks like a #2 seed to me whether you consider that a correct answer or not.

As far as you beating the "spread" with Hayes four years in a row. I think the Huntingdon faithful now know how having a "star" player can completely disrupt a team effort. McKenzie was a better TEAM without a star...kinda like Camden without Boyd and how Huntingdon will probably be without Donald.. Easier to gel when you aren't relying on one player to carry you. But only seeing that offense one time a season makes it more difficult to defend does it not? If either of us were in a Nashville region we would see more of that and less running the rock off tackle and up the gut every down. That was my point...pretty simple actually.

You have got to be kidding me. I'm glad not all the fans from Huntingdon are like you. You do have a condescending attitude.

but the fact remains that the boys still have to step on the field and play ball.

TOTALY IRRELEVANT TO THE THREAD BUT I HAD TO SAY IT.

My opinion about Huntington Vs. Camden is limited and irrelevant so i wont even state it. However, football is a man's game at least the way most teams around here play it. I'm sure you didn't mean it in a negative way but guys that go through what they go through to step on the field on friday nights deserve to be called men. I'm well aware that a lot of them do childish things away from school and football but when talking about friday nights lets agree that it takes men to play a mans game.

TOTALY IRRELEVANT TO THE THREAD BUT I HAD TO SAY IT.

My opinion about Huntington Vs. Camden is limited and irrelevant so i wont even state it. However, football is a man's game at least the way most teams around here play it. I'm sure you didn't mean it in a negative way but guys that go through what they go through to step on the field on friday nights deserve to be called men. I'm well aware that a lot of them do childish things away from school and football but when talking about friday nights lets agree that it takes men to play a mans game.

Meant nothing negative in that post. But, you're right.

The answer to your other question is I believe we would have pulled at least the number 2 spot in 7AA. Milan probably would have handled us, we beat Huntingdon, we lost to Westview in the last minute of the ballgame because of a fumble which may or may not have been a different intensity level if it was a region game, considering how we did against Humboldt in our recent scrimmage a win there was highly probable, we'll find out after next week how we would have fared against Trenton...GC and USJ would have been W's also. So it looks like a #2 seed to me whether you consider that a correct answer or not.

As far as you beating the "spread" with Hayes four years in a row. I think the Huntingdon faithful now know how having a "star" player can completely disrupt a team effort. McKenzie was a better TEAM without a star...kinda like Camden without Boyd and how Huntingdon will probably be without Donald.. Easier to gel when you aren't relying on one player to carry you. But only seeing that offense one time a season makes it more difficult to defend does it not? If either of us were in a Nashville region we would see more of that and less running the rock off tackle and up the gut every down. That was my point...pretty simple actually.

I'm glad you got back with an answer. Your logic doesn't hold water though. You beat Huntingdon on a late blocked punt for a score and lost to Westview on a late fumble so in your thinking you would have finished 3rd at best.. Also you can't compare how this year's Camden team would have done with last year's Trenton or Humboldt team. They were good to say the least. And you couldn't point to a certain game to get fired up as they say. In 7-AA last year you had better come ready to play and have no off games to recover and lick your wounds.

I think we did pretty good with that star for several years. Like I said we didn't have the "horses" last year. My answer is pretty simple too. Everybody is West Tennessee knows you definitely wouldn't have won the region last year if you had been in 7-AA. It's kinda like winning the region in Memphis last year. Every year one school in Memphis is fairly good but till they match up with region 7-AA they have no idea how good they are. Memphis Carver went to Alcoa last year after winning their region the previous year and were feeling cocky. "We" know the rest of the story.

Now what I'm been trying to say is Camden does have a good team. According to RCombs I have a condescending attitude and I speak "crap". I do not speak for the rest of the Huntingdon fans on here but I "try" to be logical.

I'm glad you got back with an answer. Your logic doesn't hold water though. You beat Huntingdon on a late blocked punt for a score and lost to Westview on a late fumble so in your thinking you would have finished 3rd at best.. Also you can't compare how this year's Camden team would have done with last year's Trenton or Humboldt team. They were good to say the least. And you couldn't point to a certain game to get fired up as they say. In 7-AA last year you had better come ready to play and have no off games to recover and lick your wounds.

I think we did pretty good with that star for several years. Like I said we didn't have the "horses" last year. My answer is pretty simple too. Everybody is West Tennessee knows you definitely wouldn't have won the region last year if you had been in 7-AA. It's kinda like winning the region in Memphis last year. Every year one school in Memphis is fairly good but till they match up with region 7-AA they have no idea how good they are. Memphis Carver went to Alcoa last year after winning their region the previous year and were feeling cocky. "We" know the rest of the story.

Now what I'm been trying to say is Camden does have a good team. According to RCombs I have a condescending attitude and I speak "crap". I do not speak for the rest of the Huntingdon fans on here but I "try" to be logical.

One only has to look back at your posts here to see you were being deliberately antagonistic.

Oh please, do the math...you know as well as I do that Camden could have taken a #1 with wins over Humboldt and Trenton, or #2 with a win over just Humboldt. But since we didn't play either one of those, I guess we'll really never know.

Your attitude kills me...one minute you say you can't speak for all Huntingdon fans and then you presume to talk for all of West TN! Spare us your prejudice please. Funny how Camden is scheduled against all the top teams in 8AA and 4A Northside this season (except for Humboldt which we did scrimmage last week) and not one of them have scheduled us for their Homecoming! Hard for some of you to believe I know..but true none the less.

You might want to check who you're saying is "cocky" too...it was BT Washington that had the guts to go play Alcoa last year, not Carver....check your facts. I don't think cocky had anything to do with them scheduling Alcoa... BT Washington knows how well they have faired in the playoffs, that would have been the height of arrogance to think they could go and knock off the champs. BT Washington was doing the same thing Camden is trying to do...play the best, to beat the best. What floors me is that Huntingdon knocks us for playing up and thinking we can hang, when Huntingdon has decided to play down and disguise it as in county rivalries and good gates. Have the coffers dried up in Huntingdon? I have wasted enough time on this subject, when its apparent your mind was made up years ago. You know we may very well go 5-5 this season but we'll be better off for it. Hopefully we'll still be able to give you a good game in October since we'll be murdered by Trenton, Westview and Milan before we even get to you guys . But what the heck...we'll give it a shot anyway.

Oh please, do the math...you know as well as I do that Camden could have taken a #1 with wins over Humboldt and Trenton, or #2 with a win over just Humboldt. But since we didn't play either one of those, I guess we'll really never know.

Your attitude kills me...one minute you say you can't speak for all Huntingdon fans and then you presume to talk for all of West TN! Spare us your prejudice please. Funny how Camden is scheduled against all the top teams in 8AA and 4A Northside this season (except for Humboldt which we did scrimmage last week) and not one of them have scheduled us for their Homecoming! Hard for some of you to believe I know..but true none the less.

You might want to check who you're saying is "cocky" too...it was BT Washington that had the guts to go play Alcoa last year, not Carver....check your facts. I don't think cocky had anything to do with them scheduling Alcoa... BT Washington knows how well they have faired in the playoffs, that would have been the height of arrogance to think they could go and knock off the champs. BT Washington was doing the same thing Camden is trying to do...play the best, to beat the best. What floors me is that Huntingdon knocks us for playing up and thinking we can hang, when Huntingdon has decided to play down and disguise it as in county rivalries and good gates. Have the coffers dried up in Huntingdon? I have wasted enough time on this subject, when its apparent your mind was made up years ago. You know we may very well go 5-5 this season but we'll be better off for it. Hopefully we'll still be able to give you a good game in October since we'll be murdered by Trenton, Westview and Milan before we even get to you guys . But what the heck...we'll give it a shot anyway.

You can't discount county rivalries that bring big gates.......And wouldn't it be kind of ironic if your tough non-region schedule is what keeps you out of the playoffs since only three 2A teams from each region go to the playoffs??...Anything could happen with injuries and whatnot...Any little thing could keep a team out this year......In high school you don't "disguise" anything when it concerns money...It would be ignorant for Huntingdon not to play McKenzie or Bruceton and lose those gates especially considering Huntingdon's enrollment is closer to big 1A schools than the 2A teams they play....It would make more sence for say an Obion County Central with an enrollment hovering around 1000 to drop Union City with an enrollment of about 385,but they won't because it's the biggest gate of the year for both schools....But more importantly Huntingdon has to play those games because their stadium would be half empty playing the region teams you gotta play....You have to admit neither Huntingdon or Camden have to do much to lock up one of those three spots....Your region isn't one of the toughest around...

You can't discount county rivalries that bring big gates.......And wouldn't it be kind of ironic if your tough non-region schedule is what keeps you out of the playoffs since only three 2A teams from each region go to the playoffs??...Anything could happen with injuries and whatnot...Any little thing could keep a team out this year......In high school you don't "disguise" anything when it concerns money...It would be ignorant for Huntingdon not to play McKenzie or Bruceton and lose those gates especially considering Huntingdon's enrollment is closer to big 1A schools than the 2A teams they play....It would make more sence for say an Obion County Central with an enrollment hovering around 1000 to drop Union City with an enrollment of about 385,but they won't because it's the biggest gate of the year for both schools....But more importantly Huntingdon has to play those games because their stadium would be half empty playing the region teams you gotta play....You have to admit neither Huntingdon or Camden have to do much to lock up one of those three spots....Your region isn't one of the toughest around...

No, it isn't. Sad thing is, though, is that we cannot pick were we've been placed. But we can get more out of region competition. And we did. so let's just all kick back and see where the season takes us. This is going to be an interesting run for everyone.