Camden vs Union City

rcombs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden absolutely dominated every part of this scrimmage. If in a regular season game, it would have been as bad as Coach Ward wanted it to be. Even without some starters, Camden managed to hang 4 TD's on UC before they scored. I think the final score was a lot closer but with the starters it was no contest. Good luck to UC in the future and GO LIONS!

Camden did what they should have done against a 1A team.....The final was 4TD's to 3......Back in the spring Camden won a scrimmage between the two 8TD's to 1...Camden has a fine team and will give folks problems in 2A....Union City will only see 1 team as good as Camden in the regular season and that will be in Week 1 against Martin Westview.....Two weeks till opening kick-off and no more scheduled scrimmages for the Tornadoes...

Okay how good is Camden really going to be this year Lions fans???? Don't give me the "speech" either

Considering the number of returning starters and Camden's recently aquired ability to reload instead of rebuild, they should be very good. But, considering the challenging schedule Coach Ward set for the boys this season (Huntingdon, Trenton Peabody, Milan, and 4A Jackson Northside all away and Martin Westview at home) it won't be a cake walk by any means. If Camden can play this kind of schedule without being decimated by injuries by season's end, they will make a run.

Okay how good is Camden really going to be this year Lions fans???? Don't give me the "speech" either

Hard to say this year. Could be a great year, but like L4E said, this is a tough schedule. Could end up 10-0, could end up 5-5..... Although it presensts more challenges than we have faced in a while, I think this new schedule is a great thing. Adding the likes of Milan, Trenton, Jackson NS, and Westview should get us ready for the teams we'll see in the playoffs. Won't be any suprises like there were last year against CPA. While I believe our boys last year could have played with CPA, we just didn't have a clue as to the caliber of team we were stepping on the field against. Hence the final score.

All in all, I think we have a fine football team capable of going as far as they want. With a bit of luck and no more visits from the injury faerie, we look forward to competing deep in the playoffs this year.

Come out to a game BC, or head over to the jamboree in Huntingdon Friday night. We have game four against McKenzie.

Camden absolutely dominated every part of this scrimmage. If in a regular season game, it would have been as bad as Coach Ward wanted it to be. Even without some starters, Camden managed to hang 4 TD's on UC before they scored. I think the final score was a lot closer but with the starters it was no contest. Good luck to UC in the future and GO LIONS!

Actually, camden scored on uc twice before uc stopped them on the goal line, and then uc drove down and scored. which made the score actually 2 to 1 camden.

Hard to say this year. Could be a great year, but like L4E said, this is a tough schedule. Could end up 10-0, could end up 5-5..... Although it presensts more challenges than we have faced in a while, I think this new schedule is a great thing. Adding the likes of Milan, Trenton, Jackson NS, and Westview should get us ready for the teams we'll see in the playoffs. Won't be any suprises like there were last year against CPA. While I believe our boys last year could have played with CPA, we just didn't have a clue as to the caliber of team we were stepping on the field against. Hence the final score.

All in all, I think we have a fine football team capable of going as far as they want. With a bit of luck and no more visits from the injury faerie, we look forward to competing deep in the playoffs this year.

Come out to a game BC, or head over to the jamboree in Huntingdon Friday night. We have game four against McKenzie.

RCombs... I'm not trying to start an argument but let's be realistic. You may not have known what CPA had but don't you think Ward and the Lion players knew what they were up against. If not they must have been asleep in film study with the 3 tapes that are usually swappped during the playoffs. Camden could have played them ten times last year and not beat CPA.

Agreed Huntingdon got a BIG break with the 2-AA alignment. Huntingdon swapping Westview, Trenton and Humboldt for Adamsville, Stewart County and Houston County is great.... Lions4Ever said Camden has the ability to reload not rebuild. Just because Camden won a "watered down" region 6-AA last year doesn't a powerhouse make. Wasn't this the 1st time Camden ever won a regional title? Put Camden in 7-AA last year and they would be like Huntingdon. Sittin at home..... Possibly could have been the 4th place team.

I'm not talking specifically about Camden but until you've watched what other teams have across the state you don't know what caliber of football others have. Case in point ... CPA. Lots of zealous fans get on here and talk about how great they are and how deep they will go in the playoffs, when in actuality they're only as good as their fans think they are...

I am a fan of Ward and what he has done in a short time in Camden and Camden will have much success this year. Good luck to Camden this year and I hope you have an injury free season.