Ensworth downs Ravenwood

TigerRun

Getting back to the scrimmage. . .

I saw Ensworth play last year, at the end of the year, and thought they are light years away from competing at the highest levels.

Have they made big strides since last season, did Ravenwood take them lightly, or is Ravenwood taking steps backwards?

Honest evaluations only, please.

Ensworth should be able to compete this year in their new division (II-AAA) Their weakness will undoubtedly fall on their depth. Size in trenches could also be a weakness but speed compensates for much. Curious to know where you saw them also? If Ensworth stays healthy then they will undoubtedly surprise teams. Ravenwood (i think) started last year 1-2 so we know that they are capable of overcoming a bad start. Watching the scrimmage I am very impressed with Becker but his recievers seem to be down from last year. Ravenwood will need to develop timing in their spread offense in order to improve but I am fairly unbiased towards them and do not see them getting back to state.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, you were there, just checking to see if you watch the same scrimmage. Did you see #10 and #12 as well? Which one in your opinion should be backing up Becker?

i was there as well and 12 looked alright but just wasnt mobile enough for the O i thought. Number 10 did alright but i think 12 led a pretty good drive if im not mistaken. I cant remember why but i thought number 12 couldnt have any contact for some reason.

Sorry i ment to correct this earlier but ensworth's first team had 28

Getting back to the scrimmage. . .

I saw Ensworth play last year, at the end of the year, and thought they are light years away from competing at the highest levels.

Have they made big strides since last season, did Ravenwood take them lightly, or is Ravenwood taking steps backwards?

Honest evaluations only, please.

Ensworth has taken major strides since last year. Just ended up beating Wilson Central and their Wing T Offence 14-0 but only at half. Ensworth has also beaten Ravenwood 28-7 with the first team in. I think this is a reabuilding year for Ravenwood but they deffonitly have some future coming up but this may not be there year.

Ensworth is a new team with another year of Ricky Bowers under their belt. Ensworth is now gettng accustomed to his style of play and game pace and how he runs things. he did wonders at MBA and with a bunch of talent at Ensworth he can surely set up a great team and what could be a great season this year. Look for Tavarres to make a huge impact this year. He had one heck of run vs Wilson Central, runnign all the way to the right side of the field on an option and ends being grabed by the jersey and spun 10 yards back and then changes fields and cuts up field and make 4 deffenders miss and scores for a 64 yard TD. He is one of those backs you just cant tackle in the open field and look for the power RB Orleans O-Darkwa.

Look for them to have a quiete entrance to the playoffs and go on a deep run