Marshall County Chamber of Commerce Jamboree

Big Country

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im sure most of yall didnt notice this, but Coffee County got over half of their point against our 9th graders and they never did pull out their starters from what i saw

I was unable to make it but I did talk to a Marshall Co. supporter who came and watched our jamboree last night. He told me that the starters didn't play all that bad but they could still use some improvement. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT HE MAY BE SAYING ABOUT OUR GUYS RIGHT NOW Justin Braden was said to have played really well for MC in that game. If he can handle the rushing load and Morris can find a way to get the football to guys like Hightower & O'Neal through the air the Tigers will be a very tough team to beat. Hightower has moved from RB/DE to WR/MLB for Marshall Co. from what I was told.

I heard that Giles Co. looked awesome. They may be the favorite to win the region in some folks eyes. Josh Perez has moved to receiver from what I hear and will be a great addition there. I also hear that Quon Reynolds will take on a much more significant role offensively this year. If Wallace can continue to progress at QB they'll be fine. A defense that features Reynolds, Perez, Kendall Dangerfield, & Torrell Harney will be stout without question.

REGION 5-3A IS GOING TO BE LOADED THIS YEAR FROM TOP-TO-BOTTOM!!!!!

I'm sure Coach Thomas (being the defensive minded coach that he is) will find a way to try and fix the Marshall Co. defense. The Tigers gave up 394 yards of offense and 26 points in one half of football tonight (although we should take into consideration that they were playing a playoff level 5A football team).

Coffee County made the playoffs last year with a record of 4-6 and get hammered in the first round.

Coffee County made the playoffs last year with a record of 4-6 and get hammered in the first round.

They still won region games and got into the playoffs from a 5A region. That means that they earned their way into the postseason.

The two region games they lost were Cookeville & Lincoln Co. Tullahoma, Baylor, Brentwood, & John Overton were the non-region defeats. NAME ME 1 OF THOSE 6 TEAMS THAT WAS "TERRIBLE LAST YEAR". Overton was the lone team of the six that missed the playoffs and they actually missed the postseason on a technicality because it was a non-region defeat at the hands of Class 3A State Semifinalist Pearl Cohn that actually cost the Bobcats the postseason.

IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THOSE STATISTICS THEN LOOK THEM UP!!!!

big country do have a job or go to school? for someone to have joined in 2006 you sure do have alot of post. do you work for coach t?because you sure do know (or think you know)about other teams than cheatham co.

Bobcat, I hate to give BC the big head, but I think he's the best source of information

for Region 5,3-A on this board. And there's a wide gap between him and whoever

is the second best !!

Keep it up BC. I think this year has the makings of a really good race for the four playoff

spots.

Bobcat, I hate to give BC the big head, but I think he's the best source of information

for Region 5,3-A on this board. And there's a wide gap between him and whoever

is the second best !!

Keep it up BC. I think this year has the makings of a really good race for the four playoff

spots.

In region 5,3a last year I cant remember BC missing a prediction.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

well im sure most of yall didnt notice this, but Coffee County got over half of their point against our 9th graders and they never did pull out their starters from what i saw

I dont think it matters if it was 9th graders or starters when you give up that many yards

to any team in two qts. The score was back and forth through out the game from the start.# 2 played pretty much

the entire game on def. The Tigers looked pretty good on off. Great running backs,but without

question should work on the def.

Giles county looked dreadfull early on but seemed to pull it together.

I was really impressed by cornersville to be honest,they have had a good preseason,beat up a

Richland team I hear.

I think all of the scores are misleading. Cornersville handed it too Loreto when the 1st string was in. Giles County couldn't move the ball against LC's 1st defense. MC was much better than CC. MC went up early and then fumbled on the 10 going in. CC did hit MC up the middle a couple times, but CC touchdowns came against the 2nd and 3rd teams.

Was it a rule that everybody had to sub so much? What the heck was that all about? Cornersville, who desperately needs some momentum to get any kind of respect, takes a 14-0 lead and cannot hold up? What in the world was their coach thinking by throwing on 3rd down with a 14-0 lead with 8 minutes left? Run the draw and make 45 seconds come off the clock. For Loretto, on the other hand, it was humorous to see them celebrate like they did over squeaking past Cornersville. What the heck has happened to their program? I remember in the mid 90s they wore our Lewis County when they were in a region with Lewis Co, Mt. Pleasant, Richland, Riverside, and Adamsville. And have they stolen their offense from Rick Rice at Wayne Co? In the Giles/Lincoln game, I was impressed with the sheer size of #58 and #85 for Lincoln. They must be underclassmen because they are behemoths but didn't start. #49 for Giles is a player, he has the ability to take a game over if the coaches would let him. Finally, in the MC/CC game, I felt CC wasn't much more than highly average, they were just a bunch of good ole boys who like to play and they play hard. When they caught up to MC's speed they took over. #22 for MC is their bell cow. Why in the world they didn't continue to hand him the ball I'll never know. I was unimpressed with Hightower. He was lazy and I don't remember him playing in the 2nd qtr. He got popped on a KOR and was done.

big country do have a job or go to school? for someone to have joined in 2006 you sure do have alot of post. do you work for coach t?because you sure do know (or think you know)about other teams than cheatham co.

BOTH to answer your question. I do not know EVERYTHING REGARDING EVERYONE in the region and I will never pretend to do so. My info is limited and based off of research.