Best 5 Seniors 2007-2008

balla210

I'll admit..Haven't seen Victor play since the Dyersburg -Dyer Co game that I thought Dyersburg was going to win..As far as not being able to drive..I believe Blake hit a driving lay up at the buzzer to win the game for Dyer Co...I'm looking forward to seeing Victor play as well as the others...As a matter fact,three of the five will be in the Dyersburg jamboree..Lake Co usually plays Dyer Co in the Dyersburg jamboree so Blake and Channen Geanes will play against each other then...I believe Dyersburg usually plays Brighton.. Dyer Co would have to be the top team in the area with all the players they have coming back,plus another player from Dyersburg that transferred about a month or two ago..Lake Co also has another good player in Channen Geanes brother,6'5 jr. Russel Avery...Look forward to seeing all of them..All of the guys are excellent players and probably couldn't go wrong with any of them..I have Epperson as last but if your team already had a Justin Blake or an M.J.Brown..probably would be a good choice..

I can agree with your post that Blake can get you 10 quick points however McLin is pretty strong and I think he COULD play inany position except PG or SG...with his size,strength,outside shot,dribbling,athleticism, I would say he could play a 4 man in college and possibly a 3 man...You can ALMOST compare McLin to Tyler Smith that used to go to Giles Co. besides the fact that McLin is taller than him

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to have to go out on a limb here and say that your list below must be the top 5 seniors in your neck of the woods. I have seen 3 of these players play and would have to say that M.J. Brown is the only one that would be in my top 20.

1.Victor McLin - D-II player

2.Justin Blake - D-II SG - Needs to work on my aspects of his game. He is a very good shooter and could surprise by going D-I

3.M.J. Brown - Definite D-I PG material. He is one of top 5 PG's in the state.

4.E.J. Epprson - Don't think I know who he is> What AAU team did he play on - Size? Position?

5.Channen Geanes - Don't think I know who he is> What AAU team did he play on - Size? Position?

If anyone knows who they are being recruited by - please let us know. Maybe I am wrong.

My top 5

1. Elliott Williams - One of the best in the country.

2. Dominique Taylor - Flying way under the radar. Goes to Howard in Chattanooga. 6'5 - 6'6, quick, good handles, leaper, nice shot. The real deal.

3. Jason Jones - We all know how good he is.

4. Phillip Jurick - Has a lot of critics because he is so big and doesn't produce that much in high school, but Bruce Pearl didn't offer him a scholarship because he felt sorry for him.

5. Carter McMasters - Another big kid that is not well thought of, but he has tremendous upside and Liberty is very fortunate to have him.

Next 5

Terrico White - Ole Miss will figure out how to use this athletic stud. Hard to figure out what position he is best at, but he gives 100%+ all the time

Sampson Carter - He may go big!

Tyler Cutter - Great summer - went from unknown to heavily recruited real fast. Best PG in the state. Needs to work on defensive stength and quickness to be an impact player in the Missouri Valley Conference (Indiana State)

Laurence Bowers - Don't think he will get minutes at Missouri his first year or 2, but will eventually contribute in the Big 12 - which says a lot

Tim Ware - Super quick and good PG - Would like to know where he is going to college. Expect him to contribute his Freshman year in college wherever he goes

Best of the rest:

Tyrone Caldwell, M.J. Brown, Jeremy Rhodes, Arnette Moultrie, Jarvis Jones, Tahj Wells, Michael Macadoo, Kevin Giltner, Rayshawn Walker, Jon Primm, Ricky Taylor, Quinche Dowdell, Erik Buggs, Aaron Douglas, DeMario Williams

Blake and McLin are both very close to making this list

Going to have to go out on a limb here and say that your list below must be the top 5 seniors in your neck of the woods. I have seen 3 of these players play and would have to say that M.J. Brown is the only one that would be in my top 20.

1.Victor McLin - D-II player

2.Justin Blake - D-II SG - Needs to work on my aspects of his game. He is a very good shooter and could surprise by going D-I

3.M.J. Brown - Definite D-I PG material. He is one of top 5 PG's in the state.

4.E.J. Epprson - Don't think I know who he is> What AAU team did he play on - Size? Position?

5.Channen Geanes - Don't think I know who he is> What AAU team did he play on - Size? Position?

If anyone knows who they are being recruited by - please let us know. Maybe I am wrong.

My top 5

1. Elliott Williams - One of the best in the country.

2. Dominique Taylor - Flying way under the radar. Goes to Howard in Chattanooga. 6'5 - 6'6, quick, good handles, leaper, nice shot. The real deal.

3. Jason Jones - We all know how good he is.

4. Phillip Jurick - Has a lot of critics because he is so big and doesn't produce that much in high school, but Bruce Pearl didn't offer him a scholarship because he felt sorry for him.

5. Carter McMasters - Another big kid that is not well thought of, but he has tremendous upside and Liberty is very fortunate to have him.

Next 5

Terrico White - Ole Miss will figure out how to use this athletic stud. Hard to figure out what position he is best at, but he gives 100%+ all the time

Sampson Carter - He may go big!

Tyler Cutter - Great summer - went from unknown to heavily recruited real fast. Best PG in the state. Needs to work on defensive stength and quickness to be an impact player in the Missouri Valley Conference (Indiana State)

Laurence Bowers - Don't think he will get minutes at Missouri his first year or 2, but will eventually contribute in the Big 12 - which says a lot

Tim Ware - Super quick and good PG - Would like to know where he is going to college. Expect him to contribute his Freshman year in college wherever he goes

Best of the rest:

Tyrone Caldwell, M.J. Brown, Jeremy Rhodes, Arnette Moultrie, Jarvis Jones, Tahj Wells, Michael Macadoo, Kevin Giltner, Rayshawn Walker, Jon Primm, Ricky Taylor, Quinche Dowdell, Erik Buggs, Aaron Douglas, DeMario Williams

Blake and McLin are both very close to making this list

Your crazy. I'm still rollin with mcLin as my best. All you uys will see this year what the kid can do. Only time will tell. The new coach let's him play and your bout to see it all unfold.

I agree!

Is this the same McLin that played for the Mid-State Ballerz? If so, I"m sorry, but I didn't see the best player in the state of TN on that team. I did see the best player in the state of KY. There were 3 TN players better than McLin that I saw on the Ballerz alone. Caldwell, Primm and Walker.

I am serious. Is that the same player?

Victor McLin is from Dyersburg which did play for the Mid-State Ballerz....Tyrone Caldwell is not better than Victor McLin!!!!! What schools would you define as a D-II school that McLin would fit into???

I guess there is really no way to really say if one player is better than another, because it is a matter of opinion.

One thing I have found out over the years is that you can generally tell where a player is (what level) based on who is recruiting him. Many times, a player will be recruited by multiple teams in the same conference. After watching numerous AAU games, college coaches can pretty much assess if a player can play at their level. Where you end up going to college is usually a pretty good indicator of your level. Tyrone is at a level that I think he belongs and he should be able to do well. He was one that had a very high reputation at a very young age and was on the radar of some bigger schools. I think if he had gone to a major, he would have sat the bench. Austin Peay is a good fit for him.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Victor playing in OVC. How tall is he? He just seems to be a little short for his position. Who is recruiting him? If he does not have offers, then he most likely didn't prove to college coaches that he can play on their level. There is no doubt that he can play in college. I just don't think he is a D-I player. I have been wrong in the past - and maybe this is one of those times.

Please let us know who is recruiting him. Prove me wrong. I hope for him that he is a D-I player and makes all of us (TN high school basketball fans) proud. By the way, I think you have to be very good to play D-II basketball and that anyone who gets a scholarship to play basketball (at any level - including D-II or NAIA) should be proud of their accomplishments. There is only a small difference between the different levels.

I guess there is really no way to really say if one player is better than another, because it is a matter of opinion.

One thing I have found out over the years is that you can generally tell where a player is (what level) based on who is recruiting him. Many times, a player will be recruited by multiple teams in the same conference. After watching numerous AAU games, college coaches can pretty much assess if a player can play at their level. Where you end up going to college is usually a pretty good indicator of your level. Tyrone is at a level that I think he belongs and he should be able to do well. He was one that had a very high reputation at a very young age and was on the radar of some bigger schools. I think if he had gone to a major, he would have sat the bench. Austin Peay is a good fit for him.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Victor playing in OVC. How tall is he? He just seems to be a little short for his position. Who is recruiting him? If he does not have offers, then he most likely didn't prove to college coaches that he can play on their level. There is no doubt that he can play in college. I just don't think he is a D-I player. I have been wrong in the past - and maybe this is one of those times.

Please let us know who is recruiting him. Prove me wrong. I hope for him that he is a D-I player and makes all of us (TN high school basketball fans) proud. By the way, I think you have to be very good to play D-II basketball and that anyone who gets a scholarship to play basketball (at any level - including D-II or NAIA) should be proud of their accomplishments. There is only a small difference between the different levels.

I'd say he is about 6'5....right at it...I'm not very associated with Dburgs program so I really don't know who is all after him but IMO I think he would be able to compete in the OVC and actually play and not ride the bench...he is not a cocky player at all and seems to have his head screwed on straight so far...

Catuballer..These 5 mentioned are from West Tenn..that's probably what was meant by the 5 best seniors in West Tenn..but at the same time..I'd love to have these 5 and play some of the other guys..I heard that McLin has grown an inch or 2..probably 6'5 or 6'6..Heard Mclin and 2 or 3 more players have been going at it pretty good at a local center here against Blake and a couple others from Dyer Co..Heard both played were really tearing it up..Heard Blake was really shooting the 3 ball and McLin was jumping out of the gym..Channen Geanes is about 6,3 with very long arms..Good shooter and slasher..Reaches a little too much on defense..Plays for Lake Co..MVP in our district should be between Geanes and M.J.Brown...Epperson may actually be the best athlete..Best leaper..but lacks an outside shot and shoots free throws like Shaq..Very tough under the goal though..Could push M.J. and Geanes for M.V.P. honors..I know for a fact Ole Miss has offered Blake..Ark.St...Tenn State as well..I work with Blake's uncle..Just us two in the office..I'll try to find out other colleges..

Catuballer..These 5 mentioned are from West Tenn..that's probably what was meant by the 5 best seniors in West Tenn..but at the same time..I'd love to have these 5 and play some of the other guys..I heard that McLin has grown an inch or 2..probably 6'5 or 6'6..Heard Mclin and 2 or 3 more players have been going at it pretty good at a local center here against Blake and a couple others from Dyer Co..Heard both played were really tearing it up..Heard Blake was really shooting the 3 ball and McLin was jumping out of the gym..Channen Geanes is about 6,3 with very long arms..Good shooter and slasher..Reaches a little too much on defense..Plays for Lake Co..MVP in our district should be between Geanes and M.J.Brown...Epperson may actually be the best athlete..Best leaper..but lacks an outside shot and shoots free throws like Shaq..Very tough under the goal though..Could push M.J. and Geanes for M.V.P. honors..I know for a fact Ole Miss has offered Blake..Ark.St...Tenn State as well..I work with Blake's uncle..Just us two in the office..I'll try to find out other colleges..

Impressed with the Ole Miss offer to Blake! Thanks for the info. I must admit you guys ahve a nice little hotbed of good players in your area.

Impressed with the Ole Miss offer to Blake! Thanks for the info. I must admit you guys ahve a nice little hotbed of good players in your area.

Blake's Uncle is beside me right now..Semo has offered..Austin Peay,Morehead St. and Tenn Tech were here last week and offered Blake..Arkas State offered a couple weeks aga and came back down yesterday and took Blake to lunch..Auburn is coming in the 1st week of November..Florida St has been calling but his uncle wasn't sure what their intent is at the moment..I've seen emails from Edgar Scott from Semo saying that he's got to get Blake...Anything else I'll let you know!

Blake's Uncle is beside me right now..Semo has offered..Austin Peay,Morehead St. and Tenn Tech were here last week and offered Blake..Arkas State offered a couple weeks aga and came back down yesterday and took Blake to lunch..Auburn is coming in the 1st week of November..Florida St has been calling but his uncle wasn't sure what their intent is at the moment..I've seen emails from Edgar Scott from Semo saying that he's got to get Blake...Anything else I'll let you know!

Great for Blake. I assume he will wait for Auburn before he makes a decision. I would. He has a nice selection of schools to choose from. I will be anxious to hear where he goes. I hope he is getting some good advice on making his decision. The longer he waits, the fewer offers there will be. Tell him that for every offer he has with each school, those same schools have 2-3 offers to other players for that same position. The first to accept, gets the scholarship.