Best 5 Seniors 2007-2008

balla210

This is so true. Taylor's J is cash and he can absolutely leap out of the gym. I played AAU with him, and saw him jump from outside the lane, adjust to multiple defenders in the air, and finish with a reverse dunk over 2 guys. His ballhandling is sometimes weak but usually spectacular. He once dribbled out the clock against a very athletic Memphis team for about 2 minutes with up to 3 men on him at any time. They were 5'10", 5'11". He is 6'5". He is somewhat inconsistent, but when he comes to play, he is the closest i have seen to literally unstoppable. With work on his fundamentals and physical strength, I truly believe he can play in the NBA.

Thats pretty hard to do with a 5 second count and three men on you.Thats also ball hogging if it happened.If three men are on one,pick the ball up and pass it to one of the two men thats open.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we'll be okay..Whitby told me that the starters were probably going to be Channin Geanes,Russel Avery,Carlos Young,Patrick Robinson,and Abbot..I asked him about Kimble and he told me he wasn't messing with him..don't know the deal there..I know he quit last year but I believe he came back out and he's playing football ..so don't know what's going to happen there..Bledsoe's dad told me he didn't think his son was going to play this year..I still think we'll push the top two!And Whitby did tell me he thought we'd be better next year.

Not a strong five. Who is coming off the bench? If i was coach i wouldnt mess with him either. nuff said about that. Chipper knows how i feel about kimble. But it will be a stuggle to start the season. This team will get better i think but will struggle out of the gate.

PS send up a prayer for Coach Whitby Wife She really needs all the prayer she can get. I know Coach and Mrs. Georgianne personally they are fine people. She needs your prayer. So Take time out of your day to just send up a prayer for her. I know this is a sport blog but if you would just send up a prayer. I was at church last night and the preacher's idea was about Blind Bartimaeus in the 10 chap of mark. He said something that really stood out to me. Bartimaeus was blind but he heard that this man Jesus was coming trough Jericho. He listen as people told how the sick were heeled and the lame were walkin again. This man was in need. So Jesus travels through Jericho. If anyone knows anything about Jericho knows that it was a curse city in the old testament. So why did Jesus walk through this city? He told to destroy the city in the old testament by walking around the wall seven time and after the seventh time he said to blow the horn and the city walls would come down. But now he is walking through this cursed city. why? The only answer i came up with was that he knew that Bartimaeus was in this city and he knew that he was in need of a mircal so he went through this city. As Jesus walk through Jericho, a man began to cry Jesus thou son of David, have mercy on me. People in that city were tryin to presuade Bartimaeus to hold his peace. But Bartimaeus cry a great deal more. Jesus thou son of David, Have mercy on me. This next part is what blows me away. It say that after hear this Jesus stood still. Then he called for the blind man. Jesus asked him what he needed. The blind man replied that i might receive my sight. Jesus said that Thy faith hath made thee whole.

What i'm getting at is that a proud look wont stop jesus from walkin past you. It is a humbled and isnt to proud to call on the name of the lord to get a blessing or a heeling. A humble spirt that is willing to pray and seek after Jesus can really do wonders. I believe that Jesus is still that same heeling God that he was back then. So dont loose faith in God he still is able. If you have love ones that are sick or in need of a blessing. Just call on the name.

I know this is a Sports blog but its also a faith based site to. So dont judge me on my faith in Jesus. He hasnt failed me yet. And if you give him a try he wont fail you either.

[/right]Love,

Lakecountyfan007

Pearl also likes to run. Gaines would have trouble in an uptempo scheme. That was exposed against Dyer County at State. He put on a downright clinic in the first half with a slow tempo, but once DC played their up and down game he didn't become as much of a factor.

Jurick also had offers from Kentucky, Indiana, Auburn, Clemson, Miami, Michigan, and Ole Miss.

Are you saying that Gaines is better than Jurick?

Jurick also had offers from Kentucky, Indiana, Auburn, Clemson, Miami, Michigan, and Ole Miss.

All i'm saying is that Gaines didn't like running the court with the Choctaws. I have never seen Jurick play... so how am i gonna compare them. FYI I'm a VOLS fan, I hope he's everything you think he is.

Not a strong five. Who is coming off the bench? If i was coach i wouldnt mess with him either. nuff said about that. Chipper knows how i feel about kimble. But it will be a stuggle to start the season. This team will get better i think but will struggle out of the gate.

PS send up a prayer for Coach Whitby Wife She really needs all the prayer she can get. I know Coach and Mrs. Georgianne personally they are fine people. She needs your prayer. So Take time out of your day to just send up a prayer for her. I know this is a sport blog but if you would just send up a prayer. I was at church last night and the preacher's idea was about Blind Bartimaeus in the 10 chap of mark. He said something that really stood out to me. Bartimaeus was blind but he heard that this man Jesus was coming trough Jericho. He listen as people told how the sick were heeled and the lame were walkin again. This man was in need. So Jesus travels through Jericho. If anyone knows anything about Jericho knows that it was a curse city in the old testament. So why did Jesus walk through this city? He told to destroy the city in the old testament by walking around the wall seven time and after the seventh time he said to blow the horn and the city walls would come down. But now he is walking through this cursed city. why? The only answer i came up with was that he knew that Bartimaeus was in this city and he knew that he was in need of a mircal so he went through this city. As Jesus walk through Jericho, a man began to cry Jesus thou son of David, have mercy on me. People in that city were tryin to presuade Bartimaeus to hold his peace. But Bartimaeus cry a great deal more. Jesus thou son of David, Have mercy on me. This next part is what blows me away. It say that after hear this Jesus stood still. Then he called for the blind man. Jesus asked him what he needed. The blind man replied that i might receive my sight. Jesus said that Thy faith hath made thee whole.

What i'm getting at is that a proud look wont stop jesus from walkin past you. It is a humbled and isnt to proud to call on the name of the lord to get a blessing or a heeling. A humble spirt that is willing to pray and seek after Jesus can really do wonders. I believe that Jesus is still that same heeling God that he was back then. So dont loose faith in God he still is able. If you have love ones that are sick or in need of a blessing. Just call on the name.

I know this is a Sports blog but its also a faith based site to. So dont judge me on my faith in Jesus. He hasnt failed me yet. And if you give him a try he wont fail you either.

[/right]Love,

Lakecountyfan007

JESUS never fails. We Fail him.

I am. I don't think their is much doubt that GAINES is a better bball player then Jurick. The deal is Jurick is 6 ft 10 250 lbs. Gaines is 6 ft 7/6ft 8 320 lbs. Thats why Jurick signed with TN and Gaines did'nt. Gaines has great hands, can shoot, pass, defend, rebound.. In time Jurick will be better because he will continue to play basketball, and Gaines will go on to play college football. I wish the best for Phil at UT and i hope he develops into an all-american, but Gaines is the better bball player RIGHT NOW.

In your top 5 you have three kids from Chattanooga on your list. These have to be the kids form your neck of the woods. I love Dominique Taylor. But D. Ricks is the best player is the city and you didnt even mention him but I do feel Dominique should be on the list but McMasters doesnt belong on the same floor as Ricks

I think Dominique has more upside. When I ranked the players, I was purely speaking from the standpoint of college potential. I personally don't think McMasters or Jurick are top 5 right now. If they were, with their height, they would be dominating the Chattanoogoa area teams. Ricks is solid, but not top 10 college prospects in the state - in my opinion. Taylor has the ability to be very very good!

I heard that Austin Peay came to see Taylor the other day and that Dyer Co has a new assissitant from around the Cookville area..Heard he made a phone call for them to stop in Newbern to see Justin Blake ..Heard they offered Blake and not Taylor..Also heard that Haywood played Lake Co not long ago with Taylor and Lake Co won and Channen Geanes was unstoppable..May be just a rumour..Someone from Newbern ,Lake Co.or Haywood should know about these two rumours or if it did happen..

im friends with most of the basketball players and to my knowledge (i could be wrong) i didnt hear of anyone coming

im friends with most of the basketball players and to my knowledge (i could be wrong) i didnt hear of anyone coming

I'm in the office with Blake's uncle at this moment and he has Justin on the Speakerphone..Said the black coach ,Bubba Wells,Austin Peay came a week or two ago to Coach McCord's house..Justin said he was going to Austin Peay tomorrow on an official visit.. Justin said he has 7 Division 1 offers at the moment..