Boyd Buchanan at CAK

reaction

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just tellin it how it is...I currently go to CAK and I do remember Boyd Buchanan coming in and taking care of business 37-6 4 or so years ago, however i don't think it will turn out too much like the last one. From what i hear, Boyd has had down years ever since their god, matt peardon, graduated a few years back. Sure he was legit with a line that manhandled the competition that 2003 season, but the man acted like he walked on water. Maybe i'm being extremely irrelevant because most people reading this have no clue who i'm talking about, but CAK is ready for some revenge. The year after we lost to Boyd in the semifinals, we put in our locker room what Matt Peardon told the newspaper saying something along the lines of, "CAK was not what we thought. My line made holes for me and I ran through and over them all night" After saying something like that, he just motivated our team even more. The point i'm trying to make is CAK cannot stand Boyd Buchanan and if ur a Bucs fan, look forward to a long drive home. Bring the band, come hungry to eat our great concessions whatever but the ride home is gonna be rough. Boyd doesnt have any stand out players and to be honest i dont think CAK does either, but i can promise you my boy Joseph Bennett is the real deal. He may not be the biggest, but he's fast and will hit you and will make the tackle just about every play. Our O-Line, specifally my boy Joe Matlock, is legit, disciplined at the passing game of course and running this year as well. Our D-line, my boy Matt Huddleston, is good, but our linebackers and secondary are what makes most of the plays. Our Defense is fast so get ready. Quarterback and Runningbacks are both strong. The passing game as well as the running game should be good. I like to be reasonable, so reasonably i see CAK beating Boyd by 14-20, maybe more. CAK will lose some games this year i believe, but as far as Boyd, it just wont happen. It's a good home opener but competitor, not so much. I Look forward to seeing Boyd's "600" fans tomorrow, again i'm just tellin it how it is...gonna be!

As a CAK fan, I apologize for this complete lack of class. Boyd Buchanan is a great team with a lot of class. What happened in 2003 has absolutely no bearing on Friday night. The above opinion that was stated is not reflective of how everyone at CAK feels. Everyone needs to remember that HUMILITY is one characteristic that all fans should show, especially at a Christian school.

As a CAK fan, I apologize for this complete lack of class. Boyd Buchanan is a great team with a lot of class. What happened in 2003 has absolutely no bearing on Friday night. The above opinion that was stated is not reflective of how everyone at CAK feels. Everyone needs to remember that HUMILITY is one characteristic that all fans should show, especially at a Christian school.

Speak for urself ######, i'm from cak and i can't wait to see boyd get killed tommorrow night i'm goona laugh my ###### off

Thanks, we know there's one in every crowd. We have nothing but respect for CAK. Great school and tradition. Your fans were first class last time we were up there, so we know. Hope everyone has safe travels and the players play hard and represent their schools well. We look forward to a good hard fought game out of both schools. We pray there are no injuries on either side.

Thanks, we know there's one in every crowd. We have nothing but respect for CAK. Great school and tradition. Your fans were first class last time we were up there, so we know. Hope everyone has safe travels and the players play hard and represent their schools well. We look forward to a good hard fought game out of both schools. We pray there are no injuries on either side.

nah i'm just screwin around. its goona be a great game we look forward to playin yall but are yall really bringin 600 people up?

Let me tell you one thing. Matt Peardon didnt walk on water that night, he ran on hit, spun around on it and basically was Boyd that night....Now I dont think he is god by any means, but I do have a lot of respect for his playing ability, he is a perfect example though that a good high school football player doesnt mean you are going to be a great player in college. He went to college, expected it to be easy and never played a down.

Now the 2003 game and this one are going to be much different, for one, the grown will be thawd for this one. Both teams are in 2A and I would be willing to say that there isnt a single player that will be playing tomorrow night who played in that game.

Everyone is talking about Joseph Bennett being the second coming of Dick Butkus, but I have watched him play a lot...He is good dont get me wrong, but he still has a long way to go. He makes athletic plays, he is a hard hitter, and he plays all out, but he still has a lot of technique to learn to be the complete linebacker.

I have no clue how this game is going to go....This is the first game of the season and I dont think that either team can say for sure what the outcome will be. I look forward to some great plays and some good licks but in the end I think it will come down to the team that is better conditioned...Both teams are going to make mistakes so I think this game will be won or lost in the fourth quarter. More games are lost than won, I expect some sloppy play from both teams, but no matter the outcome it will be a measuring stick to how good both of these teams will be....Both teams roads lead through Alcoa...To bad neither team is playing them this week, about half there team is suspended for breaking team rules!

We know this doesn't reflect everyone at CAK. Nothing but respect for the school and program. I'm expecting a great game with class on both sides. Too bad I won't be able to see it, but I'll be listening.

I wish I could take off Buc4life. So make sure they get the job done while I'm not there.

Good luck to both teams.

Oh ya,

Boyd Buc by 14.

I'm just tellin it how it is...I currently go to CAK and I do remember Boyd Buchanan coming in and taking care of business 37-6 4 or so years ago, however i don't think it will turn out too much like the last one. From what i hear, Boyd has had down years ever since their god, matt peardon, graduated a few years back. Sure he was legit with a line that manhandled the competition that 2003 season, but the man acted like he walked on water. Maybe i'm being extremely irrelevant because most people reading this have no clue who i'm talking about, but CAK is ready for some revenge. The year after we lost to Boyd in the semifinals, we put in our locker room what Matt Peardon told the newspaper saying something along the lines of, "CAK was not what we thought. My line made holes for me and I ran through and over them all night" After saying something like that, he just motivated our team even more. The point i'm trying to make is CAK cannot stand Boyd Buchanan and if ur a Bucs fan, look forward to a long drive home. Bring the band, come hungry to eat our great concessions whatever but the ride home is gonna be rough. Boyd doesnt have any stand out players and to be honest i dont think CAK does either, but i can promise you my boy Joseph Bennett is the real deal. He may not be the biggest, but he's fast and will hit you and will make the tackle just about every play. Our O-Line, specifally my boy Joe Matlock, is legit, disciplined at the passing game of course and running this year as well. Our D-line, my boy Matt Huddleston, is good, but our linebackers and secondary are what makes most of the plays. Our Defense is fast so get ready. Quarterback and Runningbacks are both strong. The passing game as well as the running game should be good. I like to be reasonable, so reasonably i see CAK beating Boyd by 14-20, maybe more. CAK will lose some games this year i believe, but as far as Boyd, it just wont happen. It's a good home opener but competitor, not so much. I Look forward to seeing Boyd's "600" fans tomorrow, again i'm just tellin it how it is...gonna be!

Unfortunately, this joker has made some valid points. Im not going to get into them because its been 4 years since and the only people who probably have any idea of what that game was like were some of the 8th graders that were moved up to the HS team for the playoffs like Stooksbury, Matlock, Underwood, Sanford and a few others. So tellinithowitis, i dont think youre completely crazy and it sounds like you have some sort of knowledge about what happened. I cant imagine it would be too difficult to figure out who I am so come find me at the game and let me know who you are. I really hope CAK takes this one. It would be a great way to start the season beating a team that is on the same level competitively as they are. Good Luck Warriors.