Boyd Buchanan at CAK

reaction

CAK's spread gives Boyd some trouble in the secondary but Boyd's QB and the much improved line make the difference. Boyd wins by 3.

CAK's offense is like nothing we see in the Chattanooga area. It is tough to prepare for in a short period of time. BB dbs are in for a long night. The Bucs will have to turn this game into a track meet to win. CAK 35 to 27.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they change it up that much from the last time we played them when they had that QB that was going to sling it all over the field? Cunningham I think was his name.

Its much more of a true West Coast then it was before. Mark Cunningham (now starter at Austin Peay) had a very strong arm so we'd go for the deep ball. This year it'll be more sustained droves since most our receivers are possession types with short passes and runs then just airing it out deep. CAK despite their small line has developed the run game alot more recently with a big power back they have who weights over 210 in the backfield. CAK used to not be a whole lot defensively but this years team has a very good defense.

Its much more of a true West Coast then it was before. Mark Cunningham (now starter at Austin Peay) had a very strong arm so we'd go for the deep ball. This year it'll be more sustained droves since most our receivers are possession types with short passes and runs then just airing it out deep. CAK despite their small line has developed the run game alot more recently with a big power back they have who weights over 210 in the backfield. CAK used to not be a whole lot defensively but this years team has a very good defense.

I wouldn't worry about the undersized line, Boyd has had that for a few years.

Boyd and SP always seem to have the smallest linemen around.

I dont know how big BB's line but i'd bet CAKs is smaller I think the Sizes are around this for CAKs starters

6'2 185

6'0 175

5'10 215

6'2 220

6'4 255

I could be wrong though. While a small group they are very well coached. The line is coached by Mark Bradley who was at one time the head O-Line coach at Tennessee.