Boyd Buchanan at CAK

reaction

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect CAK to be a little more competitive this time around. How has CAK looked in there scrimmages? I heard they have a stud linebacker. How is there offense looking?

CAK won their 3 scrimmages against St. Benedict, Gibbs, and McMinn Central. They also won their jamboree vs Powell 14-0. The linebacker you're hearing about is Joseph Bennett. Their offense is looking pretty good. How is Boyd Buchanan looking this year?

Boyd is looking good. Maturing a lot faster than I thought. Have a very good QB in Nic Hughes. Tied a very athletic Brainerd team in a scrimmage. That team has some very athletic receivers. In the jamboree last night the Bucs lost to Cleveland 13-7. A breakdown and sloppy tackling let a kid go 70 something yards for a TD. Beat East Ridge 7-0 in the next quarter. Defense is looking good. Both of our lines returned from last year so they look really good. Opened some big holes on offense. Looking forward to the game up in Knoxville.

I think that this Boyd team has a great deal of potential. I liked the fact that we have several options in ball carriers. I liked the way that the defense settled down and played well late in the jamboree. The young db's will have to step it up but are more than capable.

I would like to hear from some CAK fans. How is this team compared to last years? What should we semi-innocent bystanders expect to see on offense and defensive schemes? And even more importantly... How is the concession stand? Burgers? Sides? Dogs? Flame grilled or pre-cooked? Restrooms close by? C'mon, this stuff is important!

I at least know that the temperature will be slightly warmer that the last time we were up there. No snow in the forcast!

Well, the ole man is back! I was at the jamboree and also was impressed with the intensity on both sides of the ball. Several missed tackles/wrap ups that will catch up to them if not corrected. Excited to see how this team matures and progresses throughout the year. One note, everyone mentions that both sides of the ball on the line returns in tact, but if my memory is correct were there not a couple of seniors on the O line last year and a pretty quick DE?

Boyd is looking good. Maturing a lot faster than I thought. Have a very good QB in Nic Hughes. Tied a very athletic Brainerd team in a scrimmage. That team has some very athletic receivers. In the jamboree last night the Bucs lost to Cleveland 13-7. A breakdown and sloppy tackling let a kid go 70 something yards for a TD. Beat East Ridge 7-0 in the next quarter. Defense is looking good. Both of our lines returned from last year so they look really good. Opened some big holes on offense. Looking forward to the game up in Knoxville.

Did ER or Cleveland throw much? I have heard the weak point in the D was the DBs. How did they do?

Did ER or Cleveland throw much? I have heard the weak point in the D was the DBs. How did they do?

To be honest, there was not enough passing by either ER or Cleveland to really tell. The Cleveland QB was not on target with some of his passes, so what passing we did see didn't show much.

I will say Boyd Buchanan will win by 28 points.

WOW, I love this guy. I bleed BLUE, but I'm not that optomistic.

I hope and pray that we do NOT underestimate CAK. They are well coached and have great athelets. This Joseph Bennett kid is a stud. He was Knoxvilles "tackler of the year" as a sophomore. He will be a hand full for any line to control. Their QB threw for 1800 yards last year. He has 2 receivers returning this year that started last year. They have a lot of skill players that are returning. I think their offense can hurt you in a hurry. I understand they have done very well in 7 on 7 and all their scrimmages.

Don't get me wrong. I'm for the BUCS all day long, but CAK is a VERY GOOD team. We looked good against a few teams we've scrimmaged so far, but I think CAK will be better than any team we've seen this so far. BOTTOM LINE. WORK HARD THIS WEEK GUYS!!!!