Boyd Buchanan at CAK

reaction

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got CAK in this one from what i've heard CAK has manhandled everyone they have scrimmaged so far. Boyd tied Brainerd who is athletic but has no discipline and they lost to Cleveland. But it will be close because Boyd will have some success in the trenches with all their starters returning both ways but, CAK will have success in the air if Boyd is weak in the secondary. Plus i saw CAK at the jamboree and they could run the ball at will on powell too who is bigger than them. I just think CAK is more well rounded on offense especially with a returning starter at quarterback who made some nice throws against powell. I got cak by anywhere from 7 to 14.

I got CAK in this one from what i've heard CAK has manhandled everyone they have scrimmaged so far. Boyd tied Brainerd who is athletic but has no discipline and they lost to Cleveland. But it will be close because Boyd will have some success in the trenches with all their starters returning both ways but, CAK will have success in the air if Boyd is weak in the secondary. Plus i saw CAK at the jamboree and they could run the ball at will on powell too who is bigger than them. I just think CAK is more well rounded on offense especially with a returning starter at quarterback who made some nice throws against powell. I got cak by anywhere from 7 to 14.

Why do you say Brainerd has no discipline?

Why do you say Brainerd has no discipline?

B/C they have a lot of good athletes but they play up and down to their competition like they almost beat Maryville last year but then they got embarrassed by Red Bank earlier in the year and Red Bank isn't that much better than them. I'm not bashing them in any way that just shows their not completely focused for all their games.

B/C they have a lot of good athletes but they play up and down to their competition like they almost beat Maryville last year but then they got embarrassed by Red Bank earlier in the year and Red Bank isn't that much better than them. I'm not bashing them in any way that just shows their not completely focused for all their games.

CAK receivers will be nothing like Brainerds. Brainerd is running a new system this year that has been pretty successfull for them. Those 2 reaceivers they had made some pretty impressive catches in the jamboree. Don't let the past fool you with how they are now. They looked good in the jamboree.Boyd has experience on an important part of the team, the O and D lines.

Is one of the Nason kids still playing for Boyd? I think the middle one should be a jr or sr. They used to live close to us in West Tn.

Yes Jordan Nason is a junior this year.

Dont dismiss CAK as a pure passing team either they have a big powerful tailback in Kolinsky (6'0 210) and have been able to run it on everyone they've played despite a very undersized line. Their passing game will be improved over even last year as Cates their QB is more comfortable in the pocket. They have good receivers and a good defense. CAK won its scrimmages 42-0 over St. Benedict, 42-7 over Gibbs, and 36-12 over McMinn Central. They also manhandled traditional powerhouse Powell 14-0 and dominated the game. CAK is a ton better them than that semi-final team a few years back. CAK's Joseph Bennett could be the best linebacker in the state and he is much bigger than last year (4.42 40, 6'2 208). This should be a good matchup. I see a CAK win +7. The Bucs better not overlook CAK.

OK...just curious.

A lot of folks will say a team has no discipline because they commit a lot of penalties...others say it because of inconsistent games, etc. Just wanted to get a feel for how you were describing Brainerd.

BBS by 14