Whitwell at Grundy Co.

wingman10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34-19 Grundy. Congrats to the Jackets, and Coach Pickett. Great homecoming for the greatest coach in Grundy history!!!

Whitwell folks... Anybody down there got your stats? We had a new stat crew and we didn't get everything we needed. I'm going to reorganize things this week back to doing old school NCAA stat sheets so we get everything we need. I'm trying to fix what a certain coach screwed up when he showed up 6-7 years ago.

So if anyone could post your team stats like first downs and such it would be good.

It will be late in the week before I have any pictures loaded of this game. It's Army reunion weekend so everything gets put on the back burner for the Desert Storm buddies.

DL.

It seems if Grundy Co can keep improving on defense, they can have a great season. Congratulations to Chris, Cory and all the Yellow Jackets on winning their opener. If they can get by Tellico Plains next Friday at home, then going to Marion Co the next week, will certainly be a game to determine if Grundy Co can have a great or good season. Considering what Coach Pickett has endured the last month with cancer treatments, I'm sure it was a special nite for he and his family and all the Grundy Co fans. Good luck the rest of the season.

Grundy looked sharp on offense in a scrimmage against Grace and in the jamboree against Marion. This year's group would probably have contended for the title in the old five-team region, but Polk, Howard, Notre Dame, Meigs and East Ridge have all had good wins this year already, and McMinn Central and Sequoyah seem to be improved.