topvol98

Who Wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike south, Science Hill does have a few more offensive weapons. I believe that Science Hill also has the defensive players to get more stops. I know that I'm ready not that we are a little more than 3 hours from kickoff. I think that there will be a few more known Hilltoppers after tonight.

I just returned from the game and I sure hope I see some of those weapons this year!!! I am shocked to say the least. The execution was horrible tonight. I know Coach is committed to sticking with "his" offense, but I honestly don't know if the players on board can operate this system. I think they are more suited for a power running game with 44 being a Fullback/H Back and 86 playing TE. There is not enough speed on this team to strike fear in opposing defenses, at least at the 5A level. I know they were concerned with the speed factor, but I didn't think it would show up like this especially against South. I have been so excited for this night, but I cannot imagine how Coach feels. Really shocking I don't know what else to say. Bad night but they will just have to keep improving and believing. These kids just need a big dose of winning "Big Games."

I just returned from the game and I sure hope I see some of those weapons this year!!! I am shocked to say the least. The execution was horrible tonight. I know Coach is committed to sticking with "his" offense, but I honestly don't know if the players on board can operate this system. I think they are more suited for a power running game with 44 being a Fullback/H Back and 86 playing TE. There is not enough speed on this team to strike fear in opposing defenses, at least at the 5A level. I know they were concerned with the speed factor, but I didn't think it would show up like this especially against South. I have been so excited for this night, but I cannot imagine how Coach feels. Really shocking I don't know what else to say. Bad night but they will just have to keep improving and believing. These kids just need a big dose of winning "Big Games."

Word on the streets is that this is one of if not the fastest South team that has been in Pactolus in quite some time. I too thought that Coach Smith might abandon the spread offense and go to more of a power game. I know you are hurt but Science Hill will come around. It is not a disgrace to lose to this Rebel team. Time will tell how good both really are. Congrats to the Rebels you impressed me tonight. Good luck to the Toppers the rest of the season. Great crowd at Death Valley tonight!!!

Word on the streets is that this is one of if not the fastest South team that has been in Pactolus in quite some time. I too thought that Coach Smith might abandon the spread offense and go to more of a power game. I know you are hurt but Science Hill will come around. It is not a disgrace to lose to this Rebel team. Time will tell how good both really are. Congrats to the Rebels you impressed me tonight. Good luck to the Toppers the rest of the season. Great crowd at Death Valley tonight!!!

South was much quicker to the "ball" tonight. I would love to see South progress through the season and beat Maryville in the semi game in November. Phillips is a brute!!! They will need to develop a better running game though, at least to compete with Mo West or Murvul. Congrats though....

After watching the game tonight, South looked very impressive. Mr. Phillips definitely did impress. He made a throw that not many high school QBs could make down the middle over the defender hitting the reciever in stride. The recievers for South came up big. I was really impressed with the way #15 ran the ball hard every time he touched it. Great win!

We were ridiculed for scrimmaging lower classification teams in the preseason. Stacy was correct in his method. The spread offense is all about timing. Over and over...you have to work on timing. Scrimmaging tough opponents eliminates the ability to work on timing. It is just a game to try and win. Winning is not working on issues. The Spread requires finess. True, you must have speed to attempt it. We knew we had the speed but speed is nothing if you can't run an elusive route and catch the ball. Cap is a firm believer in the play up concept and when you play smashmouth football it is true that you must scrimmage the tougher than you. Two schools of thought for two schools of football method. Mastering the spread takes time.

I tried to tell 'em that we had about 8 scorchers but they didn't believe me! How about Watterson the Soph. #24. Satch, what say you now...you Church Hillian you!

Wow! I want to be the first to say that I was totally wrong. South proved me wrong. Congrats I am so impressed. That was an awesome game. Just wow! Thats all I can say. I am stunned. Way to go, you all are gonna kick some butt his year. Science Hill, there is plenty of time to get your game together. I wish the best for both teams, what a game.

Wow! Is the word! The win was great yes, but the sportsmanship and class displayed by SHS helped me to understand why we chose to eliminate DB from our schedule. It was terrific to see two teams warm up then take the field without any vulgar gestures made to our coaching staff or the fans. Definately reminicent of old times with the stands full on both sides as two titans clash below! I am proud of our team, the way they played, and despite the news medias portrayal, South is a team and not a one man show which was self evident tonight! My hopes is for South to see a 3-peat this year which will be the first ever in school history; that some parents who write into this forum to bash our coaching staff and the young men who are members of this great team realize that they are a cancer and this win tonight will be the chemo to rid us of vermin like you; and that everyone realizes that they are seeing history unfold infront of them as this senior class is the winningest class to have come through South! Did you know that many of the seniors on this team have played together since Optimist league where they won the County Championship 5th, 6th, (undefeated) went on to win the Sullivan County Middle School Championship 7th, 8th, (undefeated) were undefeated yet again as Freshman here at South, not to mention, helped to earn the MLC title as sophomores in 05, again as juniors in 06, and are due to 3peat this year! So any of you sophomore parents who can beat a record like that PROVE it, Yeah, that's what I thought you can't!! So quit running down our team, let our seniors enjoy what they have worked hard for, and earn your chance to do the same! Thanks Toppers for a well fought game, wonderful performance by your band, and especially for displaying your class!