Anderson County Volleyball

HighVoltageAC

The Anderson County Volleyball team will begin their 25th anniversary season Tuesday, August 21 at the AC gym. In addition to commemorating the start of the 25th season, the school will:

• Welcome back all players from the last 25 years

• Announce the top 10 volleyball players of all time at AC

• Use the new center court for the first time which will make the fan experience much better

If I may brag a little bit, it has been a great 25 years:

• 811 – 337 Overall Record

• 225 – 36 District Record

• 16 District Championships

• 10 Regional Championships

• 12 Sectional Championships

• 8 Final Fours

• 4 State Finals

• 1 State Championship

• Current Streak of 10 Consecutive State Tournaments

• 32 1st Team All-State Players

• 12 2nd Team All-State Players

• 30 Volleyball Scholarships

There have also been numerous other accolades given to players and coaches that would make this list much larger. I would also like to congratulate volleyball coach Dail Cantrell for being the first coach inducted into the Anderson County Sports Hall of Fame. This award will be presented by Coach Pat Summit at an upcoming banquet.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HighVoltageAC:

Since AC has been doing so well, I would like to add their upcoming matches to their schedule on coacht. I will use the TSSAA schedule, but we all know there could be errors there. Also, if you know the schedules for the tournaments that AC is involved in (Border Bash, Lafayette, and Lady Mav Round-Up), I will add those matches as well. Congratulations to the Lady Mavs on a great start to the season

HighVoltageAC:

Since AC has been doing so well, I would like to add their upcoming matches to their schedule on coacht. I will use the TSSAA schedule, but we all know there could be errors there. Also, if you know the schedules for the tournaments that AC is involved in (Border Bash, Lafayette, and Lady Mav Round-Up), I will add those matches as well. Congratulations to the Lady Mavs on a great start to the season

I've added what we know. I haven't seen a schedule yet for any of the upcoming tournaments.

Thanks, ghost. I also added AC's remaining schedule this morning, but have not received any notice from CoachT (The Man) concerning validation of the schedule I submitted. It's very possible that there will be duplication of matches if you added some as well. One of the problems is that the new Add Game popup form does not give the message "That game already exists" so duplication will pass unless caught by CoachT. I will keep checking AC's schedule to see what appears.

The AC schedule appears to be correct now - as best I know. If anyone sees any errors, let me know and I can go in and correct them since I'm a plus member. Only CoachT can delete matches though if they are dropped for some reason. The tournament matches will be added when they become known.

The Anderson County Volleyball team will begin their 25th anniversary season Tuesday, August 21 at the AC gym. In addition to commemorating the start of the 25th season, the school will:

? Welcome back all players from the last 25 years

? Announce the top 10 volleyball players of all time at AC

? Use the new center court for the first time which will make the fan experience much better

If I may brag a little bit, it has been a great 25 years:

? 811 ? 337 Overall Record

? 225 ? 36 District Record

? 16 District Championships

? 10 Regional Championships

? 12 Sectional Championships

? 8 Final Fours

? 4 State Finals

? 1 State Championship

? Current Streak of 10 Consecutive State Tournaments

? 32 1st Team All-State Players

? 12 2nd Team All-State Players

? 30 Volleyball Scholarships

There have also been numerous other accolades given to players and coaches that would make this list much larger. I would also like to congratulate volleyball coach Dail Cantrell for being the first coach inducted into the Anderson County Sports Hall of Fame. This award will be presented by Coach Pat Summit at an upcoming banquet.

Wow I am jealous. I wish East Ridge would do this. Almost 1300 wins etc. but more important I would have 5 on the court. 4 daughters and my wife ( she would be a player-coach).

Wow I am jealous. I wish East Ridge would do this. Almost 1300 wins etc. but more important I would have 5 on the court. 4 daughters and my wife ( she would be a player-coach).

Wow, we have to get together. I currently have three daughters on the AC team (Senior, Junior, and Freshman) an one in the 7th grade at Norris Middle where my wife coaches voleyball. The event at AC went very well. I could not believe how many former players and coaches were there. It was a very special night. I'll bet the nature boy could put together a big show for you guys at East Ridge. Who is he anyway?