Silverdale Seahawks & Grace Golden Eagles

2seamfastball

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zone, you were right about #5 from Grace's MS team. That kid is an athlete! He ran all over us tonight! I cant wait to see what kind of player he'll develop into. With that said, I have one thing to gripe about. Grace's MS coaching staff showed no class tonight. The score was 32-8 with 7 min. left in the game, so we put our second string defense in the game. They just kept their first string offense on the field, and kept handing it to #5, when the game was over. The LV fans and I were really disappointed that those coaches conducted themselves in that manner. But you Grace fans have a lot to look forward to in the future. You MS team was great tonight, and they got a chance to win the ISC this year.

Sorry, it wasn't the first string. Now if Callaway was in when you say, I don't know, but the rest were not first stringers.

I'm THE tiny little D-end/ Punter. But I don't plan on punting very much. I think the game shall be close but I'm gonna do everything on the practice field and game field to win and be better than them.

not always the best idea to reveal who you are and what postion you play on here...kinda makes you a target for players reaading this haha

Zone, you were right about #5 from Grace's MS team. That kid is an athlete! He ran all over us tonight! I cant wait to see what kind of player he'll develop into. With that said, I have one thing to gripe about. Grace's MS coaching staff showed no class tonight. The score was 32-8 with 7 min. left in the game, so we put our second string defense in the game. They just kept their first string offense on the field, and kept handing it to #5, when the game was over. The LV fans and I were really disappointed that those coaches conducted themselves in that manner. But you Grace fans have a lot to look forward to in the future. You MS team was great tonight, and they got a chance to win the ISC this year.

Don't feel too bad. We beat Seq Co 40-0 (28-0 half). More on the MS boards later

That Grace kid was pretty impressive. I would like to get a chance to play them

Let me explain the situation a little. Yes Dedrick was in the game but he was not suppose to carry the ball on that play. Our quaterback got confused and made the handoff to Dedrick it was suppose to go to our fullback.We were going to let our fullback carry the ball the rest of the game with some other kids who have not even run the ball before. It was the first game of the year and sometimes it is hard to get your second team players ready. We did have our second team defense in with 4min left in the third quarter because it easier to put a kid on the field and just tell to go to the ball and make a tackle. The final score of the game was 40-14

I would like to say that Lookout Vally scored 42 points on us in the game last year. I believe the final score was 42-20 and I did not say one word to the coaching staff at the end of the game nor did anyone from Grace go on caocht and gripe. As a coach I have always taken the approach that it is my job to prepare the defense to stop the other team, not to ask or expect the other team to lay down.

Let me explain the situation a little. Yes Dedrick was in the game but he was not suppose to carry the ball on that play. Our quaterback got confused and made the handoff to Dedrick it was suppose to go to our fullback.We were going to let our fullback carry the ball the rest of the game with some other kids who have not even run the ball before. It was the first game of the year and sometimes it is hard to get your second team players ready. We did have our second team defense in with 4min left in the third quarter because it easier to put a kid on the field and just tell to go to the ball and make a tackle. The final score of the game was 40-14

I can vouch for that. We had to call time outs twice just to get our 2nd team on the field correctly even though we went through it several times this week.

I would like to say that Lookout Vally scored 42 points on us in the game last year. I believe the final score was 42-20 and I did not say one word to the coaching staff at the end of the game nor did anyone from Grace go on caocht and gripe. As a coach I have always taken the approach that it is my job to prepare the defense to stop the other team, not to ask or expect the other team to lay down.

It ain't little league anymore

I can vouch for that. We had to call time outs twice just to get our 2nd team on the field correctly even though we went through it several times this week.

It ain't little league anymore

Exactly. I've heard about this kid. Sounds like he'll be a pretty dangerous player when he gets to high school. is he in 8th grade this year?

Did anyone see the Blitz today and the article about Silverdale? I'm not quite sure why Silverdale got the only big article out fo the region, but whatever. They said that The Grace/Silverdale matchup would be an important to both teams and a valuable win as far as seeding for the playoffs go. Thoughts?