Silverdale Seahawks & Grace Golden Eagles

2seamfastball

OK...first of all the person who started this thread is obviously from Silverdale and had to start this to try and get a little confidence. Alright now that I got that off of my chest let me say I can't believe Deb Martin picked Silverdale to win region 3-1A...I mean has she ever watch anybody in this region. Nothing against Silverdale but South Pitt will be very tough (like always) and Valley should be able to score in spurts with a home run hitter like Scruggs. Grace has looked OK in the preseason games I've seen. All I've seen of Silverdale is them against a Notre Dame team that didn't look like it has in the past few years. I think the top four spots in this region should be pretty interesting...after that...well sorry Temple and "up and coming" DB with your hand fulls of "new recruits" and "college prospects"...but I think you are a few good recruiting classes away from competing in this region.

DB and "new recruits"? Hum, not quite sure where you get your info. As I have always stated, people on this forum should not start rumors unless they know exactly what they are talking about. Unless you know specific facts, you should stay away from pointing fingers or saying anything negative. Not only about DB, but any other school.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Grace's middle school team looked very strong, beat a usually good Rhea Central team 22-12 in a jamboree last week. One player, the quarterback, had at least 150 yards rushing in 15 minutes, scored on a 90 yard run and a 60 yard run.

As for recruiting, I've heard nothing about David Brainerd. Some may have but we-including me-have to remember new players doesn't necessarily mean recruited players. Still with the Temple situation and the questions at Silverdale (and I think that will be looked at closely, too) suspicion is to be expected.

I thought Grace's middle school team looked very strong, beat a usually good Rhea Central team 22-12 in a jamboree last week. One player, the quarterback, had at least 150 yards rushing in 15 minutes, scored on a 90 yard run and a 60 yard run.

As for recruiting, I've heard nothing about David Brainerd. Some may have but we-including me-have to remember new players doesn't necessarily mean recruited players. Still with the Temple situation and the questions at Silverdale (and I think that will be looked at closely, too) suspicion is to be expected.

Grace looked pretty good. The one kid really made a huge difference in the team. He is one of the best looking kids I have seen in MS ball. Rhea Central is a little down from last year, especially in the running game, but still a pretty good team.

If DB is recruiting they are not very good at it. They have some work to do to become more competitive

If Grace can beat CPA then everyone might as well surrender. Grace is for real. Silverdale will be much better because they have 6 or 7 stud recruits. It's kind of comical when you think about it. Silverdale gets a program for just a couple of years and is really bad on the field. Then they bring in John Allen and suddenly 6 or 7 stud recruits show up at Silverdale. Suddenly they are a really worthy opponent. TSSAA needs to look into Silverdale as well. I know that those kids sit out last season, but who got them to come there? I know who, the first name has 4 letters in it and the last name has five and he just may be on Silverdale's sideline.

Go ahead and call Ronnie Carter and tell him to head down to Silverdale, they have nothing to hide.

Sequatchie has a strong defense grace played them twice and nobody scored,i beleive they will hold there own in 2A This year

I agree. Grace has a strong team this year...they have a good def. and the off. needs a lil work but so does alot of teams.. but i think they will suprise alot of people this year..Sequatchie played them Twice... and they looked pretty tough....good luck and beat SD because we have a lil revange on them for last year...

both looked good , anyody got any info? Seahawks looked good to me and Grace executed well .

I personally play for grace. and I am extremely excited to see this as a true rivals match. I'm looking towards this game above most others. I hope that silverdale's new talent that can play this year will give us a run for our money. But I think the battle will be won in the ditches. Whoevers d-line penetrates and who's offensive line gives their skill players the chance to get to work. I know my offensive weapons will be ok, but I haven't seen silverdale's in action yet. I can only pray that it will be a great safe game and that God will get the glory from this Baptist battle.

I will agree we struggled on offense, but that was only after we rocked their world on our first offensive play. Then they changed up their D real fast. Our offensive coach may be young but early in the game, whoever it is better be on their toes. Because he knows his stuff.

CPA's offensive line was pretty much awesome but with as much time as they had ( at minimum of 4 seconds of no one near him) I'm pretty sure they should have hooked something up, I recall only one completion out of about 8 passes with loads of time to make a choice.

I look up to CPA very much. They have tons of talent. but our defense has held up to sequatchie, central, and CPA couldn't keep it going, we even held Grundy (2 all) when we were tired.

May we have any credit?