Johnson County at Hampton

longhorn42182

Guess who Puho? It's you ol' buddy again. I'm not even going to wait till round 3 of the playoffs to start posting this year. Let's get it started early. However, I probably won't be around much after this one while the second stringers beat up on the cupcakes. Since this is the biggest game of the year till round 3 I thought I would throw out my 2 cents.

This game will be no different than the last 2 years. JC has the better kicking game which won it for them last year. Hampton never seems ready to play early in the year with lots of penalties and fumbles. If Hampton would have played JC at the end of the year the last 2 years the dogs would have been undefeated going into round 4. This year I think the Dogs can pull out a tight one even with the mistakes, Dogs 21-20.

Good to have you back darook, looks like JC missed an extra point or kicked 2 field goals. I think Hampton was the better team the last 2 seasons, like you said ,they just made too many mistakes. I think all the turnovers might have been Hampton's undoing last year. Some of those mistakes had to do with Hampton playing a freshman at center against an all state calibar nosemam. He caused alot of problems. Should be a little smoother this season. I've picked Hampton the past two years, I think they're the better team and I'll try it again. Either the 3rd time is the charm or I'm fixing to strike out. Either way it goes, Hampton will find plenty to improve on. The real season don't start until they start playing teams in the region.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on now..."lucky"? this should be a close game but johnson county doesnt have to get lucky to win this game

Could have been sarcasm. A liitle luck could be just just enough for either team to pull this one off. The heat could help the the team with the most quality depth.

i didnt mean that......everyone says we get lucky every time we beat them i was being sarcastic

Johnson Co has won on the scoreboard the last two years, thats really the only thing that counts. But if someone had looked at the stats and didn't know the score, it would have appeared that Hampton won them both. The stats were not very close. If Hampton out gains Johnson as much as they have the last two years, they will more than likely come out with the win.

I know what you are saying, Pujo, but I think any football fan worth his measure will check the score AND the turnovers before any other stat on the paper. That has told the tale for the past two years. I wish I could see this game in person.

I agree, the scoreboard is the bottom line. Johnson Co had a hand in the turnovers, Hampton just has to be prepared to hang on to the ball. You are not going to beat many good teams with alot of mistakes.

I agree, the scoreboard is the bottom line. Johnson Co had a hand in the turnovers, Hampton just has to be prepared to hang on to the ball. You are not going to beat many good teams with alot of mistakes.

I have noticed that every year the talk even by the fans on these boards slows down as this game gets closer. I guess after 40+ years of basically close games people state their opinions and then wait to see. Pujo or anyone else could you please confirm that this is a 7:30 kickoff. I am sure it is but our own school website has it at 7:00. Want to make sure nothing has changed. Good luck to both sides and this one should be interesting.

I have noticed that every year the talk even by the fans on these boards slows down as this game gets closer. I guess after 40+ years of basically close games people state their opinions and then wait to see. Pujo or anyone else could you please confirm that this is a 7:30 kickoff. I am sure it is but our own school website has it at 7:00. Want to make sure nothing has changed. Good luck to both sides and this one should be interesting.

i agree it will be a hard hitting all out battle if not it will shock me!!