Elizabethton at Science Hill

topvol98

How does this game play out?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How does this game play out?

Pudding...your time zone is Middle Tennessee. You have seemed to follow Fletcher and knew of his presence at or before his Frosh year according to past posts. Could you allude to when you first saw him run. And did following Curt allow you to accidently see him. I also see you are very familiar with the Tribe personel. Just curious.

Comp,

Think we are on the wrong thread with this but:

Didnt know I was still zoned as Middle. Guess I need to change it. Ive lived all over TN but have been in TN for a few years. Work in the "chemical" business. Live in the city and have a cousin who has a boy playing at DB in, I think the same grade as Fletcher, so I've seen #15 at least 4 or 5 times. I've got girls so I just get out to which ever game looks interesting to me, mostly DB games but other games pull me in from time to time. I know 'of' some of the personell at a few schools, like DB (just from talking to cousin). I've met some of them, but not like we hang out or anything LOL!

Yes, I first saw Taylor Fletcher in 8th grade at their county championship. Cant remember the other team. I was impressed with him, as well as the other middle school's rb (I think its the kid that is now qb at Central) I have seen a few Rebel games including the waxing at Kingsport last year when Fletcher broke a foot or ankle. My cousin told me that he thinks Fletcher is highly underrated and should be MCL All Conference if healthy. Considering how much Science Hill moved around and blitzed on Defense, I think the Rebel line did a decent job. But, when the blocking improves as the season goes along, I'd expect Fletcher to consistently have 100 yard games. He runs hard and seems very elusive inside the tackles. Quick, runs down hill and is tough. I like the kids fire. Hope that answers your question. I think both Fletcher and Solomon Dunnanon (sp?) for the Hill will have big years.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comp,

Think we are on the wrong thread with this but:

Didnt know I was still zoned as Middle. Guess I need to change it. Ive lived all over TN but have been in TN for a few years. Work in the "chemical" business. Live in the city and have a cousin who has a boy playing at DB in, I think the same grade as Fletcher, so I've seen #15 at least 4 or 5 times. I've got girls so I just get out to which ever game looks interesting to me, mostly DB games but other games pull me in from time to time. I know 'of' some of the personell at a few schools, like DB (just from talking to cousin). I've met some of them, but not like we hang out or anything LOL!

Yes, I first saw Taylor Fletcher in 8th grade at their county championship. Cant remember the other team. I was impressed with him, as well as the other middle school's rb (I think its the kid that is now qb at Central) I have seen a few Rebel games including the waxing at Kingsport last year when Fletcher broke a foot or ankle. My cousin told me that he thinks Fletcher is highly underrated and should be MCL All Conference if healthy. Considering how much Science Hill moved around and blitzed on Defense, I think the Rebel line did a decent job. But, when the blocking improves as the season goes along, I'd expect Fletcher to consistently have 100 yard games. He runs hard and seems very elusive inside the tackles. Quick, runs down hill and is tough. I like the kids fire. Hope that answers your question. I think both Fletcher and Solomon Dunnanon (sp?) for the Hill will have big years.

Thanks for answering my questions. I knew you must have seen him either in middle school or possibly his Frosh game against DB where he ran for 202 yrds. on 17 carries in spite of the loss. As well, are you familiar with Heath Hayden...South Frosh QB from CHMS?

Joslin made a spectacular catch to get the toppers started but wat else do you know about him? The recievers have to adjust to everything that is thrown to them. Also are you familiar with jeff green who had an outstanding game but overshadowed by trent. Also shouldn't a qb that can roll left and right such as thomas hill be starting since he can launch it 50 yards rolling out?

Who was the starting QB in '06 for SHHS?

Who was the starting QB in '06 for SHHS?

AJ Tucker was. Another "coaches" son whose daddy had his head so far up Watts' behind the only time you knew he was there was when he farted. There is a perception in sects of the community that believe that certain kids will never get an opportunity for the position. Remember, Duran Fergueson(sp) had to go to kingsport to get a shot. Javen Joslin hasn't ever taken a snap at qb since playing school ball in the 8th grade so just like Ralph Nelson, he probably wouldn't be the best option at Science Hill.

One thing the Hill needs to think about is SHAWN WITTEN. He Killed SH as a player every year. From his freshman year blocking kicks inter.... passes to making great catches and most of all scoring touchdowns. He is the most competative person I have every played with from high school to college and he loves playing the hill. His senior year he scored on a catch, a run, a pass, punt return, 2-INTs.

If he can get the passion of the way he played into his players this week look out. in this game put away play makers becuase the play makers in this game will by the guys that play with passion for this great game. Shawn is a "Hill Killer" and if he can get that in his players Etown will win.

SHHS- 21

Etown- 24

Nice idea, but Witten is a coach now, not a player. There are different coaches on most of the teams in the area now, and if Witten thinks he can do what his coaches had him do in high school against these teams.... he will have a tough time. As for getting passion into the kids, that's interesting, but at the end of his days, the kids on his team are different from him and need to find their own way. This isn't 1998, players have changed, schools have changed.

AJ Tucker was. Another "coaches" son whose daddy had his head so far up Watts' behind the only time you knew he was there was when he farted. There is a perception in sects of the community that believe that certain kids will never get an opportunity for the position. Remember, Duran Fergueson(sp) had to go to kingsport to get a shot. Javen Joslin hasn't ever taken a snap at qb since playing school ball in the 8th grade so just like Ralph Nelson, he probably wouldn't be the best option at Science Hill.

Thomas Hill is listed as a WR. How long ago did he play QB. And is Sharpe's father at 'Boone or the 'Hill?

Didn't see SH play but got some good input from friends. Sounds to me like Dunnah(?) at RB and T. Hill at QB put together a nice drive for SH. Did the RB trully only get 7 carries? IF so, that is NUTS. SH's bread and butter should be the RB and seems from what I heard, he was complimented well by Thomas but for only 1 series. Someone straighten me out??

As far as the Cyclones......... alot of you guys are right. It will depend on the line, especially the O side of the ball. Anderson can throw and #21 has learned to cut it up the field. All they need is time from the line. Still a ?? and Friday night they have a chance to prove themselves against a very descent SH defense.

Thomas Hill is listed as a WR. How long ago did he play QB. And is Sharpe's father at 'Boone or the 'Hill?

Tomas played qb until this year. He asked to play at wr to get on the field as he saw only spot duty last year and the writing looked to be on the wall. He played one game at safety last year and was the back up last year. Last thursday night was the first time he ever played at corner just as it was the sophmore free safety first game at varsity. I think that with 2/3 of the secondary playing at positions that they never played in a game, they done fine except for the one long pass by Phillips and great catch. Consider the fact that there was a lot of blitzing and they kept everything in front of them...they played outstanding.

Sharpe's dad had coached at SHHS before going to Boone before his son transferred there in December 2005. He coached at Boone last year. I don't believe that he is currently coaching this year but did last year at Boone. It's safe to say that he has ties at both schools. I'm not saying the kid is playing because of that. I don't attend pratices and I don't know what Coach Smith wants from the position but I hope more production. I'm not trying to stir anything up....did that before the season started but those are facts.

Didn't see SH play but got some good input from friends. Sounds to me like Dunnah(?) at RB and T. Hill at QB put together a nice drive for SH. Did the RB trully only get 7 carries? IF so, that is NUTS. SH's bread and butter should be the RB and seems from what I heard, he was complimented well by Thomas but for only 1 series. Someone straighten me out??

Hey Glee....T. Hill did not get a snap at qb. Science Hill scored after a 33 yard reception that J. Joslin came back to make a great catch on. Duanah then took it in from seven yards. Solomon had 9 carries for 50 yards. Issac Kinley took some direct snaps from qb and that might be where the confusion lies. Hill played some receiver and ran a reverse that got called back for holding. He played corner most of the night until cramps got him late in the third or early fourth. The offense had 4 three and outs for negative five yards in the third quarter. It was safe to say that defense was on the field for ten minutes of game clock. That's a long time for a team that blitz against a passing team. The JC Press said that the backup wasn't used because of the cramping. Also in that article it said that all positions were open this week.

Tomas played qb until this year. He asked to play at wr to get on the field as he saw only spot duty last year and the writing looked to be on the wall. He played one game at safety last year and was the back up last year. Last thursday night was the first time he ever played at corner just as it was the sophmore free safety first game at varsity. I think that with 2/3 of the secondary playing at positions that they never played in a game, they done fine except for the one long pass by Phillips and great catch. Consider the fact that there was a lot of blitzing and they kept everything in front of them...they played outstanding.

Sharpe's dad had coached at SHHS before going to Boone before his son transferred there in December 2005. He coached at Boone last year. I don't believe that he is currently coaching this year but did last year at Boone. It's safe to say that he has ties at both schools. I'm not saying the kid is playing because of that. I don't attend pratices and I don't know what Coach Smith wants from the position but I hope more production. I'm not trying to stir anything up....did that before the season started but those are facts.

Come on Topvol…you’re going to have to get your head out of the sand! Many of us (at least myself) look to you as being one of if not the main voices of the Hill on coacht…but when you make statements like “the SH secondary played outstanding considering” you take away the legitimacy of your past or future remarks. I know you want to be a positive voice for your team, but I don’t think the secondary themselves would use the word “outstanding” to describe any aspect of their play in last weeks game. I admit…I didn’t see the game personally, but have seen the stats (222 yds; 2 TD’s; and no INT’s), and I have heard the comments of several very dependable source on here and their take on the SH secondary play last week is anything but “outstanding”…as a matter of fact they seem to be overly reserved in their comments (I think out of respect for you)…but I can read between the lines and so can most others. If you want to be a positive factor for your team stop wearing your emotions on your sleeve in every post about the QB situation…it’s not going to change the situation. If anything it will make coach G more determined to prove you wrong (we are all only human you know). Let it go and make the best of this season for everybody’s sake. These guys that post on hear are cool but they are for “the other” team and would like nothing better than to have you spill your guts and potentially give up insider info. But that can’t be good for the “home team” and could potentially strain relationships on the field. Some things are out of our control no matter what we say or do…but we can always support our kids and teach them to always do their best and to take advantage and make the best of any and all of the cards they are dealt in life, instead of complaining that they didn’t get the cards they wanted. I hope you understand what I’m saying and take my words for how they were intended.