Region 6-3A vs. Region 7-3A

toinemac

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does mean something to the coaches maybe not to what plays will work this year in the new offence but what to expect from that player that is getting all the hype and what player might make his way into the starting rotation by making plays in the scrimmage or checking out that first year starter and if he is the right one for the job after losing your playmaker at that position last year. But even with that it means more to the players it means no holds barred nothing that is within the rules is off limits. We all know that there are certain things that kids are allowed to do in games that the coaches wouldn't want them doing to their own players. So to the kids that means all restraints are loosed from that killer instinct and all the kids want to do is make the big hit or the big play at their position to show that they belong out there on the field. Now scrimmages or jamborees may not show what formations your team will run this year but you can tell even if just a little bit who might be a playmaker this upcoming year.

• 4 weeks later...

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Well unless you guys beat them ....DC is going to finish last.....

I don't know of many regions in the state that had a 6-4 team not reach the playoffs and 7-3A has had that happen the last two seasons......

Region 7-3A is deeper.....In 6-3A once you get past Jax SS,Fayette-Ware and possibly Bolivar,with only South Side coming off a better than 6-5 record from a season ago,you don't have much.....Dyersburg,Haywood,Covington,Ripley and Crockett County are all good solid clubs...Match em up 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 and see what happens....You can't judge a region's strength by matching up a team like JSS, who could very well win their region,and OCCHS who will finish 6th or 7th in their region.....

Might wanna RETHINK that statement now ! 3 - 1 (1- 0 Region) Covinton in 3 O/T last Friday ! But.... even I take 'em one Friday night @ a time ! Granted McNairy handed it to 'em BUT that one COULD have been a WAKE UP CALL ! Might've gotten the Choctaws attention after beating Huntington the week before.

Three big ones in this competition this week

Chester County at Dyer County

Bolivar Central at Ripley

Haywood at Fayette-Ware

Who ya Got?

Dyer Co. wins by as many as they want.

Ripley wins over Bolivar

Fayette Ware is underrated. They have plenty of talent, problem is that Haywood does too. I hate to pick against Coach Stowe because we go way back and I like to see him doing good, but Fayette Ware wins this one. The Ware very talented offensive and defensive lines, they are going to win this one in the trenches.

Bolivar is better than alot of people think and right now we're 1 - 0 against 7-3a teams. I expect the Dyersburg game to be even tougher for us. But if we don't make no mistakes, I honestly believe we can beat Dyersburg too. I definitely agree with fayette-ware being overated. Bolivar had too many mistakes in that game and they're defense stayed on the field way too long. If they meet again in the playoffs, It will be a different story. I wish good luck to both regions the rest of the way.

Dyer Co. wins by as many as they want.

Ripley wins over Bolivar

Fayette Ware is underrated. They have plenty of talent, problem is that Haywood does too. I hate to pick against Coach Stowe because we go way back and I like to see him doing good, but Fayette Ware wins this one. The Ware very talented offensive and defensive lines, they are going to win this one in the trenches.