Region 6-3A vs. Region 7-3A

toinemac

Every year these two regions play a few games against each other and with South Side and Obion Central starting this year's series tonight i thought a topic documenting and commenting on the series would be useful and probably mildly entertaining. Here is a list of all the games this year.

Week 0

South Side at Obion Central

Week 3

McNairy Central vs. Dyer County

Week 5

Bolivar Central at Ripley

Chester County at Dyer County

Fayette-Ware vs. Haywoood

Week 7

Bolivar Central vs. Dyersburg

Week 9

South Side at Crockett County

Feel free to add any thought predictions outcome and general banter about the games listed

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't wait for all these games to be played out it seems certain people don't seem to want to give any 6-3a team any respect and claim that the best team in region 6-3a the past few years couldn't even compete and that the only team that they could beat is obion county and thats only because their having a down year and with almost all of 6-3a on the come up i can't wait to these games are played out hopefully if we win a few we will get some respect from some of the 7-3a people.

Southside

McNairy

Bolivar Central

Dyer County

Fayette Ware

Dyersburg

Southside those are my predictions well the first game really isn't a prediction i know southside has won that game now.

Refresh my memory as far as recent history goes - which teams in 6-3A have advanced in the state playoffs in the last few years? I can remember Covington, Dyersburg and Crockett county moving on in the playoffs, and Haywood advancing in the 4A playoffs, but I honestly can't remember any of the teams from 6-3A advancing.

If I am mistaken, I apologize in advance.

Just to tackel the issue for a second, They say that 6-3a isn't getting any respect. That is a playoff issue, when you have teams from 7-3a making it to the semi-finals each year, it does seem to look a little better on us. There is one thing that people don't seem to realize and that it the fact that 6-3a has to play teams from 5-3a when it comes to the playoffs, and thats not an easy task. In fact if I recall right there was no 6-3a team in the quater-finals last year, a game that was plyaed by David Liscomb and Giles. Co. Now I know what DL did to my beloved Trojans last year in that semi final game and think Giles prolly could have given us fits too......so I give 6-3a all the respect in the world, i understand what kind of buzz saw you run into in the playoffs....And that is where respect is earnd....Winning some of these games this year would be a great step into getting out there in 3A, but I really don't see you winning that many........

7-3a really just gave you a head start with the jss, oc game...That was a gimmie game a month ago....I could have predicted that score with ease...No offense to OC but the depleted and they know it..I just figured that talented offense of JSS or so called talent would post more points, If it wasnt for that 2nd quater this game would have been alot closer.....I promise if this game was in Week 7 it would be alot closer........

Just to tackel the issue for a second, They say that 6-3a isn't getting any respect. That is a playoff issue, when you have teams from 7-3a making it to the semi-finals each year, it does seem to look a little better on us. There is one thing that people don't seem to realize and that it the fact that 6-3a has to play teams from 5-3a when it comes to the playoffs, and thats not an easy task. In fact if I recall right there was no 6-3a team in the quater-finals last year, a game that was plyaed by David Liscomb and Giles. Co. Now I know what DL did to my beloved Trojans last year in that semi final game and think Giles prolly could have given us fits too......so I give 6-3a all the respect in the world, i understand what kind of buzz saw you run into in the playoffs....And that is where respect is earnd....Winning some of these games this year would be a great step into getting out there in 3A, but I really don't see you winning that many........

7-3a really just gave you a head start with the jss, oc game...That was a gimmie game a month ago....I could have predicted that score with ease...No offense to OC but the depleted and they know it..I just figured that talented offense of JSS or so called talent would post more points, If it wasnt for that 2nd quater this game would have been alot closer.....I promise if this game was in Week 7 it would be alot closer........

I agree.

Since the change in 2004, a 5-3A team has knocked both 6-3A and 7-3A out of the playoffs. Its easy to say that 6-3A doesn't make a deep run in the playoffs every year, but if 7-3A didn't go through Memphis and had to go through 5-3A, there wouldn't be any team advance past the quarters the last 2 years either.

This year, I've already said that I predict Dyersburg to meet and beat DL in the playoffs for a bid at the 'ship. If any team has the firepower and coaching to do it, its the Trojans.

7-3A is goin to roll this year. except 4 Obion County

Well unless you guys beat them ....DC is going to finish last.....

I don't know of many regions in the state that had a 6-4 team not reach the playoffs and 7-3A has had that happen the last two seasons......

Region 7-3A is deeper.....In 6-3A once you get past Jax SS,Fayette-Ware and possibly Bolivar,with only South Side coming off a better than 6-5 record from a season ago,you don't have much.....Dyersburg,Haywood,Covington,Ripley and Crockett County are all good solid clubs...Match em up 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 and see what happens....You can't judge a region's strength by matching up a team like JSS, who could very well win their region,and OCCHS who will finish 6th or 7th in their region.....

Well unless you guys beat them ....DC is going to finish last.....

I don't know of many regions in the state that had a 6-4 team not reach the playoffs and 7-3A has had that happen the last two seasons......

Region 7-3A is deeper.....In 6-3A once you get past Jax SS,Fayette-Ware and possibly Bolivar,with only South Side coming off a better than 6-5 record from a season ago,you don't have much.....Dyersburg,Haywood,Covington,Ripley and Crockett County are all good solid clubs...Match em up 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 and see what happens....You can't judge a region's strength by matching up a team like JSS, who could very well win their region,and OCCHS who will finish 6th or 7th in their region.....

Lexington matched up pretty good with Crockett County in both a scrimmage and jamboree games.