Loudon vs CAK

Love The Game

1. I am not from Loudon.

2. I would find it hard to believe anyone has spent much more time with their daughter, especially the past two years, than I have. We have traveled extensively with club, premier league, ODP, guest playing in several states, attending showcases and playing in the Region III Southern Regionals, and have visited more than a dozen colleges. So no, I would think it would be fair to say I spend the resources to try to set the table. So..I wouldn't bet on that.

3. Despite their lack of knowledge of your game, the students from Loudon still enjoy playing soccer.

4. Yes, saying that 24 adolescent girls don't have any talent is offensive.

i apologize the thread was to make a prediction and I did that i apologize it was not what you wanted to hear and i was not trying to downgrade anyone i just spoke what i saw the outcome being between the two teams wasn't talking about anyones children and there is nothing wrong with have ing fun but the board asked for a prediction then people wish bad things about my kids sorry i wont speak of loudon children anymore

good luck to both teams

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i apologize the thread was to make a prediction and I did that i apologize it was not what you wanted to hear and i was not trying to downgrade anyone i just spoke what i saw the outcome being between the two teams wasn't talking about anyones children and there is nothing wrong with have ing fun but the board asked for a prediction then people wish bad things about my kids sorry i wont speak of loudon children anymore

good luck to both teams

Actually there are several girls on the Loudon Team that at one time had great potential, and maybe a Couple that are still good quality players. There is also one player who her and her parents think she is a star, NOT! There is one girl that I had the privilege to coach, and had the potential to be a divison 1 College Sweeper. I hope that at some point after high school season she gets back on a competitive team. She is a wonderful girl, just needs to commit to soccer, and she can be incredible, has all the intangibles as well as athletic ability. I think sometimes there are girls that don't get the opportunity to be their best due to peoples mouths, which discourage them, finances and the fact that there is nothing in place on a consistent year in year out basis to help those who don't have the finances. For the record I am not speaking of my daughter, since we are in Powell, and she plays on a great team competitively. I just hate to see girls with potential not get the opportunity, or get discouraged thru negative comments.

As I said earlier, my daughter plays for Loudon. Not alot of these girls want to go on to college and play. They just want to have fun, be with a team and play some soccer. Loudon has three girls, my daughter is one, that have ever played club soccer. The others are really playing for the first time or have only played AYSO. MY daughter was on ODP, as a goalkeeper, until she made the choice to NOT play ODP. The only thing Coach Phifer really needs to know is that when LHS starts losing there are some girls on the team that feel like if you can't beat the better skilled player then you take them out. One of them tried to do it against a Knox. Central player and deserved a red card, but all she got was a talking to. So when he gets up on them start playing the JV as you might loses a very valuable player to a cheap foul.

Hm. Well all I have to say is that's a pretty good plan to me. But anywho.. it isn't about playing club soccer. It doesn't help anything if you've got 3 or 4 on the team that have played club. You need a TEAM that can PASS and work the ball around. 3 or 4 talented players won't cut it. It's a TEAM sport. Club may mean you have a little more experience and talent, but if you don't work well with the team you're on, it's pointless.

As an outsider looking in, if your daughter plays for Loudon and they are playing the reigning champs, don't you think it's in your best intrest to keep your mouth shut about what the OTHER team needs to do.

And as for whoever saying that Loudon has no talent.. personally, I believe they do. Half of their team is freshman and sophomores, if I remember correctly from their roster. They have I think 5 Juniors and 2 Seniors. The rest of them are underclassman and some are beginners. Give them a break, seriously.

I thought this thread was about CAK/Loudon. It seems as though mustcoach and transam use this as competition as to who has the most club players on a team. Mustcoach, does your daughter know that you are advising her opponents? As the parent of a high school player, I would never in any way want my daughter or coach to think I didn't support her team 100%. It seems that you two are trying to score your own "brownie points" for whatever reason with other teams. You two must be coaches and possibly have players on these other teams.

I thought this thread was about CAK/Loudon. It seems as though mustcoach and transam use this as competition as to who has the most club players on a team. Mustcoach, does your daughter know that you are advising her opponents? As the parent of a high school player, I would never in any way want my daughter or coach to think I didn't support her team 100%. It seems that you two are trying to score your own "brownie points" for whatever reason with other teams. You two must be coaches and possibly have players on these other teams.

It isn't a matter of how many club players are on your High School team, just a matter of safety; considering the number of girls that had serious knee surgeries last year from games like that. You can get hurt through normal play of a match, no sense in taking risks when a team goes after players because they are on a different skill level. As far as the Loudon girls, it is not their fault if they aren't taught the right way, and it isn't all the girls on the team anyhow, since I know several of the girls and know they are not that type of players. It is like the same old thing, a few can make things look bad for many, a bad rep of the few can effect a whole team or group.

Again for the record there are some very good character girls on that team so I am not trying to trash them.

It isn't a matter of how many club players are on your High School team, just a matter of safety; considering the number of girls that had serious knee surgeries last year from games like that. You can get hurt through normal play of a match, no sense in taking risks when a team goes after players because they are on a different skill level. As far as the Loudon girls, it is not their fault if they aren't taught the right way, and it isn't all the girls on the team anyhow, since I know several of the girls and know they are not that type of players. It is like the same old thing, a few can make things look bad for many, a bad rep of the few can effect a whole team or group.

Again for the record there are some very good character girls on that team so I am not trying to trash them.

I like the point you made about a few players on the team giving the whole team a bad rep. I agree with this, but it is the coach's responsibility to correct this problem. No matter how good a player is, unethical play shouldn't be tolerated.

well no one can stop or hurt transam's daughter on powell ( I don't know her or her dad but i just think it is funny that because she has been coached well she can avoid any injury says daddy as) and mustang coach is the club coach that coaches these girls but you make a great point do the girls know there dads are talking online about them and i think mustang coach even said CAK would have to finish the game with their JV against Loudon I don't have any kids but i don't think i would say that about an opponent they were about to face no matter how true it is

transam also keeps speaking about all these girls playing rough and coaches should stop them becuase to many people get hurt but then went on to say that if you want to get rough my daughter wil do that to is that dad's coaching or the coach becasue the coach is responsible for these things according to transam

well no one can stop or hurt transam's daughter on powell ( I don't know her or her dad but i just think it is funny that because she has been coached well she can avoid any injury says daddy as) and mustang coach is the club coach that coaches these girls but you make a great point do the girls know there dads are talking online about them and i think mustang coach even said CAK would have to finish the game with their JV against Loudon I don't have any kids but i don't think i would say that about an opponent they were about to face no matter how true it is

transam also keeps speaking about all these girls playing rough and coaches should stop them becuase to many people get hurt but then went on to say that if you want to get rough my daughter wil do that to is that dad's coaching or the coach becasue the coach is responsible for these things according to transam

I am so glad we are all able to read between the lines and interpret what other people are saying. None of that is what I was saying, I am saying the Coaches and ref's need to have games under control, and grant it sometimes it is next to impossible, without irritating parents and coaches. As far as my daughter getting hurt, never said she wouldn't get hurt, just advised her on how to be observant on the field so as to avoid needles stupid plays by players playing with malice. As a matter of fact she has had her share of injuries!

I am so glad we are all able to read between the lines and interpret what other people are saying. None of that is what I was saying, I am saying the Coaches and ref's need to have games under control, and grant it sometimes it is next to impossible, without irritating parents and coaches. As far as my daughter getting hurt, never said she wouldn't get hurt, just advised her on how to be observant on the field so as to avoid needles stupid plays by players playing with malice. As a matter of fact she has had her share of injuries!

where was the malice in the south doyle game that you were so upset about the game was well officiated for both teams granted they missed a couple of calls but we all do we are not perfect there are not very many girls that play with malice some are just uneducated about the game and that is not there fault nor the refs

where was the malice in the south doyle game that you were so upset about the game was well officiated for both teams granted they missed a couple of calls but we all do we are not perfect there are not very many girls that play with malice some are just uneducated about the game and that is not there fault nor the refs

So was you the Ref in the South Doyle game? Is this the underlying reason for your responses in this thread?

I am only going to reply this time and then this post is done since the game has been played.

First off this post was Loudon vs. CAK...Outcome? Anyone that knows me knows I only deal in facts. I simply gave what my opinion was and that was CAK would win easily. Do you think the Loudon Coach, other parents or my daughter were really surprised? My daughter plays with alot of those CAK players and knew exactly what the outcome would be without any unforeseen events. I mean that is why we play the game on the field not on paper. I support her and any team she plays on 100%. I cheer for them every chance I get. But as for someone who has coached and played the game for 27 years I do understand the meaning of mis-match.

Secondly...I was not saying that because Loudon had only three players that played competitively that they had no chance. Was a simple oberservation that the all round talent at CAK was greater then at Loudon who had alot of players who have NEVER played. As I said earlier alot of the Loudon girls don't want to play college. They play to have fun, be part of a team and play some soccer and that is just FINE! Most play with alot of heart and try their hardest and applaude that ALL DAY!! But to say that I was making this a contest about how many competitive players a team has is really over doing it and trying to find only negative "Powerbar". I agree with "Love of the Game" in that it does take a team. But it sure helps to have experienced players, AYSO or Club, who understand the game at this age to make it work. I have given them a break "Love of the Game" and understand exactly where they are in the Girls High School Soccer Universe. Please don't add or read into more then what I or anyone says. I NEVER SAID THEY DIDN'T HAVE TALENT....YOU SAID I DID. IF YOU ARE GONNA POST...GET IT RIGHT! The talent on that team is made up mainly in the sophomore and junior class. From what my daughter has told me 3/4 of the freshman have never played, never kicked a soccer ball. That doesn't bode well for the future...DOES IT?!!!

Thirdly...Who would I score brownie points with? The parents who have players on CAK that I coach? They emailed me to ask what I thought. The players, her friends, even emailed my daughter to ask her opinion. We gave them an honest opinion of the game and they all seemed fine with it. Lets see CAK...State Champs vs. Loudon...THIS ISN'T HOOSIERS.

I AM OUT!!!

...some are just uneducated about the game and that is not there fault nor the refs

Didn't see the game. Just responding to the above statement. I have seen several players taken out (some completely out of the sport) by slide tackles from behind cleats up with the excuse he/she didn't know because they have just recently taken up the game. Enforcing The Laws of the Game is a way to educate them. Not the fault of the Ref? Granted, the resulting injury is not the fault of the ref, however; if a player is truely uneducated, they seldom cause an injury on the first try. That's when the ref needs to educate them with a warning. Same goes for keepers that come out cleats up even when an open area slide. The AR's should spot the tendancy and let the CR know. Better to warn (educate) than let it go on.

On Topic,

Good luck to both teams.