Oneida vs Hampton

Oneida quit crying. You got beat, you played a good game, But still got the "L", get over it and move on, thats why Hampton is ranked #5 and your not! Hampton was supposed to win and they did. Thats what makes a good team 3hr bus ride, turnovers, peanlty's, and playing away and still got the "W", Keep on playing hard and you will get your rematch at Hampton!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I gotta say is how bout those Indians! We took a team that was called the best of the northeast and made them go home with their tails tucked between their legs. Whats about these 42-0 and 49-7 picks before the game. A couple of breakdowns in the kicking game or we would have beaten you Hampton. Pujo quit crying about officials. You all just aren't as good as you say you are. IMO Rockwood would beat you all. You all play a cupcake district and will never win a gold ball like we have (1992). Those big old boys looked wore out in the second half. You must remember we only have 5 seniors on team and we will get back to where we used to be very soon.

Every team who wins championships have close calls. It doesn't mean that they are not as good. It just simply means that the other team came out jacked up and ready to play because they knew they had to be or they would get killed and the championship team came out flat with no fire, made a ton of mistakes, and a had a few bad calls on them by the refs. It does not mean that the one team is even close to being as good as them though. Look at college football last year. Florida had more than a few scares like South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida State, and they even lost to Auburn. I don't believe anyone would say those teams are better than Florida though. When they decided to play, what happened? A beat down to win the National Championship, that's what happened. I don't believe Hampton will take Oneida lightely the next time...

All I gotta say is how bout those Indians! We took a team that was called the best of the northeast and made them go home with their tails tucked between their legs. Whats about these 42-0 and 49-7 picks before the game. A couple of breakdowns in the kicking game or we would have beaten you Hampton. Pujo quit crying about officials. You all just aren't as good as you say you are. IMO Rockwood would beat you all. You all play a cupcake district and will never win a gold ball like we have (1992). Those big old boys looked wore out in the second half. You must remember we only have 5 seniors on team and we will get back to where we used to be very soon.

Here we go again, In reality ,you were dominated on both sides of the ball, You had more yardage passing and rushing against Rockwood. Hampton moved the ball nearly all night, penalties slowed down our drives. You had 8 1st downs, 4 of them by way of penalties, one by a miracle catch. When a team gets 4 1st downs by way of penalties ,that gives you 16 extra downs, even with the one sided officials, you still got beat, Ilooked at the stats and reveiwed the film, it was not nearly as close as you would like to believe. You people thought you beat Rockwood and Hampton, you might want to check the scores again ,you lost them both. If you won both these games, you will probably go undefeated the rest of the way. Do you people ever look at the scoreboard, when you have less points , you lost, the other team wins. Its strange how they do it.

Here we go again, In reality ,you were dominated on both sides of the ball, You had more yardage passing and rushing against Rockwood. Hampton moved the ball nearly all night, penalties slowed down our drives. You had 8 1st downs, 4 of them by way of penalties, one by a miracle catch. When a team gets 4 1st downs by way of penalties ,that gives you 16 extra downs, even with the one sided officials, you still got beat, Ilooked at the stats and reveiwed the film, it was not nearly as close as you would like to believe. You people thought you beat Rockwood and Hampton, you might want to check the scores again ,you lost them both. If you won both these games, you will probably go undefeated the rest of the way. Do you people ever look at the scoreboard, when you have less points , you lost, the other team wins. Its strange how they do it.

Just to let you know we played a decent game against you guys and still should have won. You all should go undefeated because we are the only good team on your schedule. The reason you all will never win a GOLD ball like Oneida is because you all play in the CUPCAKE CONFERENCE and are about 30 years behind all other teams in the passing game. You talk abouthow GREAT and MIGHTY Hampton is but in all reality they beat a young Oneida team by 2 points.

Just to let you know we played a decent game against you guys and still should have won. You all should go undefeated because we are the only good team on your schedule. The reason you all will never win a GOLD ball like Oneida is because you all play in the CUPCAKE CONFERENCE and are about 30 years behind all other teams in the passing game. You talk abouthow GREAT and MIGHTY Hampton is but in all reality they beat a young Oneida team by 2 points.

"We're young,we're young,we're young" Last year yeah, This year it's called EXPERIANCED. Most(not all)played @ Hampton last year.So drop the "We're young" crap.

Well lets see, Hamptonhas played in this cupcake region for 2 years, they have played the 7 best teams the powerful region 2 has to offer. The results have all been the same. Our passing has been a difference maker in several of these wins. You're passing game didn't look so hot the other night. Got one lucky pas ,should have had several picked off and still only completed 5 passes. Our qb played every single snap on both sides of the ball and was sick as a dog the whole day,rode three plus hours on a hot bus. He is also listed as a preseason all state player, you got any on that list, didn't think so. Even with the aid of the refs all night, you got beat down. Ihope you get the same this week. What in the heck are you going to do when the refs call penalties on you, You only picked up 4 1st downs without the aid of the refs the other night. Ibet you're average yards per play is going to look horrible. Without the lucky pass, It would be somewherte around 1 yard per play. Get real.

Well lets see, Hamptonhas played in this cupcake region for 2 years, they have played the 7 best teams the powerful region 2 has to offer. The results have all been the same. Our passing has been a difference maker in several of these wins. You're passing game didn't look so hot the other night. Got one lucky pas ,should have had several picked off and still only completed 5 passes. Our qb played every single snap on both sides of the ball and was sick as a dog the whole day,rode three plus hours on a hot bus. He is also listed as a preseason all state player, you got any on that list, didn't think so. Even with the aid of the refs all night, you got beat down. Ihope you get the same this week. What in the heck are you going to do when the refs call penalties on you, You only picked up 4 1st downs without the aid of the refs the other night. Ibet you're average yards per play is going to look horrible. Without the lucky pass, It would be somewherte around 1 yard per play. Get real.

We weren't full force either but we're not making excuses. Get over it you won by 2 points against a young Oneida team. Your teams isn;t no where near as good as you have hyped them up to be. They are just a bunch of big ole boys that don't like getting hit and won't ever sniff a GOLD Ball. Next time you are up this way Pujo we will let you touch a real GOLD ball. You ever saw one in person? They are really nice and they weigh quite a bit too. After seeing you all I wonder of you all would finish higher than 3rd in a real region like ours.

We weren't full force either but we're not making excuses. Get over it you won by 2 points against a young Oneida team. Your teams isn;t no where near as good as you have hyped them up to be. They are just a bunch of big ole boys that don't like getting hit and won't ever sniff a GOLD Ball. Next time you are up this way Pujo we will let you touch a real GOLD ball. You ever saw one in person? They are really nice and they weigh quite a bit too. After seeing you all I wonder of you all would finish higher than 3rd in a real region like ours.

If you will look right close, we are still hearing excuses form the game a year ago. You keep talking about being so young, Hampton has been young the past 2 seasons and they still handled region 2. Hampton is about 28 points better than you guys, you were very fortunate to even score, lucky pass and the onesided refs. I'm going to talk to the people at Hampton and see if they will send the film to the TSSAA. No one deserves to have to play a game with this bunch of clowns on the field.

If you will look right close, we are still hearing excuses form the game a year ago. You keep talking about being so young, Hampton has been young the past 2 seasons and they still handled region 2. Hampton is about 28 points better than you guys, you were very fortunate to even score, lucky pass and the onesided refs. I'm going to talk to the people at Hampton and see if they will send the film to the TSSAA. No one deserves to have to play a game with this bunch of clowns on the field.

You need to learn hw to add or subtract Pujo. 2 points is a far cry from 28 points. Quit trying to build your team up because they are good but not a very good team. You wont here me cry and whine like you. We got beat 14-12. By the way you talk about Hampton we would be lucky to play with you all for a quarter let alone have chances to win the game. Instead of building that team up like they are better than Maryville, Alcoa, Fulton and the likes be satisfied that you got a 2 point win and will win the cupcake conference again.

You need to learn hw to add or subtract Pujo. 2 points is a far cry from 28 points. Quit trying to build your team up because they are good but not a very good team. You wont here me cry and whine like you. We got beat 14-12. By the way you talk about Hampton we would be lucky to play with you all for a quarter let alone have chances to win the game. Instead of building that team up like they are better than Maryville, Alcoa, Fulton and the likes be satisfied that you got a 2 point win and will win the cupcake conference again.

We are along ways away from winning the Cupcake region, you fellers have yet to win a game.. I'm being honest when Isay Hampton is 28 points better than you guys, I'm usually fairly accurate . Guess what , I think you guys will win this week, not because you are so good, I just think Coalfield is down. I do expect them to get better as the season goes by.

I agree with pujo about how much Hampton is better than Oneida. Anyone who saw the Johnson Co. game knows that. Oneida just hasn't seen Hampton actually play. Unles you count the beating that Hampton gave them last year in the playoffs in which I didn't think Hampton played to their full potential even in that game. Region 1 may be weak, but it contains one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the state in 1A which is Hampton. Hampton has killed the teams from region 2 the past 2 years. I am not kidding, it's not even close. (2005) over 30-7 Sunbright, 21-0 over Harriman, 32-14 over Coalfield. (2006) over 28-2 Oneida, over 45-0 Harriman, over 32-14 Coalfield. (These were just estimates because I couldn't find the real scores, if I am wrong somewhere on the scores please correct me.) And with the win this year against a weak Oneida team, it makes region 1 8-6 vs region 2 teams the past 3 seasons. If I was region 2, I wouldn't talk about region 1 being so weak because that just makes region 2 look really, really, really bad. I have been saying this since the Oneida game. I am just glad that Hampton was playing a weak Oneida team and not Johnson Co. because Hampton would have been beaten if they had played this bad the week before. But anyone who has seen Johnson Co. and Oneida both play already knows that...