Oneida vs Hampton

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess if you like driving 3 1/2 hours, getting screwed over by sorry refs and watching a decent football team (oneida) pull plays out of their toe we got our moneys worth, atleast we got the W. i'm still pretty confident that hampton is about 3 td's better than oneida, no offense. everything that could have went wrong for hampton did. your boys played hard youall should be proud.

Alliance, there for a minute I thought you was talking about what happened to Oneida last year in the playoffs when we made the trip up there.Thats how you got the W last year.

Alright lets get ready for Coalfield

Then your a parent, very vocal I would say short back field mom who hangs out at a bbq place..... am I close

i thik i know who you are talking about but not me

since you are so curious . who are you ? are you a parent .

not that vocal usually but don't like hampton trying to put us down as if there the best thing since the wheel

and nobody else knows anything about football.

not that vocal usually but don't like hampton trying to put us down as if there the best thing since the wheel

Just a old player who moved away and get to watch about 2 games a year, labor day and thanksgiving, so I will not quess anymore, but you were right about who I quessed everyone know who I was quessing

Just a old player who moved away and get to watch about 2 games a year, labor day and thanksgiving, so I will not quess anymore, but you were right about who I quessed everyone know who I was quessing

to bad you cant stay for this weeks game it should be a good one

seems we are picked to win . I think we will , but this is a team you can never

under estimate . I'm sure you will be keeping up it from where ever you will be

Scalper, you are a moron and you better pray that Oneida doesn't meet Hampton again in the playoffs.

Hampton is very, very talented and hard-nosed. They also have outstanding fans (they were good ol country folks like us!) Good luck this week against Jellico and I hope we play again (because that means OHS is in the playoffs.)

Not a doubt in my mind, Oneida will be in the playoffs. You can tell a well disaplined team. Its easy to see these kids have the right kind of leadership, Alot of teams lose their cool and start doing stupid things. This bunch just getting after it and plugging away. Never quit until the clock ran out. Success will follow.

Tony Lambert did what any good coach does with a capable team.....he had his club ready to play. This game was a tale of two halfs. Hampton was the better team in the first and Oneida was the better one in the second. The Oneida Coaching Staff did an exceptional job making adjustments at the break. The Tribe has suffered two heartbreaking decisions in the last two weeks against seemingly outstanding teams. Rockwood plummeted Midway this week and Hampton smoked Johnson Co. Both got more than they bargained for against Lambert's Crew! I doubt anyone can argue that point. Everyone saw teams that were, IMO, as advertised! Some other observations:

Roop blocks out the sun. He is a nice player to run behind when you need a couple.

C. Posey had a monster game and if continues his fine play, teams will have to scheme around him.

T. Slaven should get better as he goes along. I felt he played a little rushed in his air game, because his line did some good work in front of him.

The Hampton QB (Lunsford?) was very composed and did a better job finding his recievers.

Oneida has a formitable Defense. Hampton hung 40-something on a 4-A school, no such luck asgainst the Indians.

Oneida is probably the best 0-2 team in class A right now.

R. Wright is a good fit as OC. He mixed his plays very well. Oneida's O, although sometimes ineffective, is much harder to defense.

T. Jeffers could help this team, and I know I'm speaking of someone that is not there, but his athleticism is difficult to replace. Who knows, maybe someone will step up!

Oneida is still fairly young, a great many plays were made by kids that are returning next year. The talent on this years teams could possibly surprise a lot of teams THIS YEAR.

A great game....pretty much what I expected. Could be another one later this year.

Tony Lambert for President. (he makes great decisions)

Next week........

Kaz