Riverdale (1-0) @ Antioch (0-1)

tdntn

I am teaching Weights and Fitness and coaching football. How does free sound?

Free would be outstanding. I might be by my self not sure wife would want to go watch a game with no meaning. Let me find a good night and I will let you know. It is sure good to see you back in the game. You have been away to long. Showem a bit of Antioch Football they might learn something.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i doubt that mba would do that and even if they sent it to colleges it was to show that 67 is a good player if he was able to do wat he did to the almighty mcadoo

I agree...

It's funny how people perceive things based on their experiences and personal biases. I perceived the parent's comment that MBA was going to send tape on the game to schools recruiting McAdoo as inferring, "If you think he's good enough to play for you, then we have a player that we think is good enough to play for you, too! And here's some evidence of that belief!"

I've known Mac for six years and know that he's a good athlete. I think it's a given that he has the ability to play at the next level given the fact that he has some offers from those who make their living making such evaluations. Therefore, I didn't perceive it as a knock on Mac at all, just the MBA staff asserting that here's another player (#67)who has the ability to play college ball, too.

Believe me, every high school player who has the ability to play college ball would love their coaches doing the same for them! I applaud the MBA staff for making the effort to help their kid get a scholarship. Now that's professional.

so back to the battle between Riverdale & Antioch...how is this one going to go??? Does the wingT stand a chance against Antiochs' defense?? all we have heard on the board is about McAdoo ... I'm sure there are plenty of other talented players on Antiochs team that are getting overlooked bc of this one. No team can rely on One Player.. sure it helps to have an outstanding player to help but there is a reason it is called a TEAM..

Guest workinprogress

I agree...

It's funny how people perceive things based on their experiences and personal biases. I perceived the parent's comment that MBA was going to send tape on the game to schools recruiting McAdoo as inferring, "If you think he's good enough to play for you, then we have a player that we think is good enough to play for you, too! And here's some evidence of that belief!"

I've known Mac for six years and know that he's a good athlete. I think it's a given that he has the ability to play at the next level given the fact that he has some offers from those who make their living making such evaluations. Therefore, I didn't perceive it as a knock on Mac at all, just the MBA staff asserting that here's another player (#67)who has the ability to play college ball, too.

Believe me, every high school player who has the ability to play college ball would love their coaches doing the same for them! I applaud the MBA staff for making the effort to help their kid get a scholarship. Now that's professional.

I think that this perception is valid. When someone is hyping up one of their own players and saying the almighty McAdoo my perception is probably correct. They think their player is better. Sure the intent may be to show them a better player but my thinking is that this poster was inferring that they, MBA, wanted to hype up their player by putting down a kid that the school was recruiting. If this is not the case and they are just being professional promoting their players, then why send tapes to the schools that this kid is being recruited by, why not send the tapes to every schools thats out there.

As far as the game at hand...Go Bears.

I think that this perception is valid. When someone is hyping up one of their own players and saying the almighty McAdoo my perception is probably correct. They think their player is better. Sure the intent may be to show them a better player but my thinking is that this poster was inferring that they, MBA, wanted to hype up their player by putting down a kid that the school was recruiting. If this is not the case and they are just being professional promoting their players, then why send tapes to the schools that this kid is being recruited by, why not send the tapes to every schools thats out there.

As far as the game at hand...Go Bears.

Yea, let's get back to the game...Riverdale in a rout...35 to 7!

Sorry for the digression, but I don't know anyone on the MBA staff cold-hearted enough to send tapes to colleges with the sole intention of interfering with the recruitment of a rival team's prospect. I'd say the number of coaches who would do that in this entire state is an infinitely small number - if the number is not indeed zero.

If people want to criticize about admissions, zones, etc. - fine (and the fans on another thread are certainly getting their jollies out of doing that this week) - but people are barking up the wrong tree if they think such a thought of sabotage of McAdoo's recruitment would enter that staff's mind.

i was told jeremy mcclain will sit this week but joey lee should be ready to go. i am anxious to see mcclain play but we need to sit him as long as we have to and take no chances

WHAT? i heard joey lee was out for the year?! wonder what is going on with that. I had a nice conversation with mcclains mom friday night (last firday)before the game it was nice to talk to her again they are good people it is funny how people drift over the years her son played baseball with my oldest son and really havent seen them much but it was great talking to her and i hate to hear that blake injury is gonna take some time as i know he is ready to get his groove while waiting patiently at RIVERDALE for his chance

Glad to see joey lee is gonna play i know it didnt look good when he was carried off the feild was it just cramps or what if it was his knee i would think they will sit him too since its not a region game

If the guys are not 100% I hope we sit them out so they will be ready for Blackman. We want to win them all but you have to keep the focus on the region games and you have to plan everything around being ready in November. We have other good players and they will do fine, especially if they have been getting all the reps in practice this week.

What I hope to see this week:

1. No more injuries

2. Better timing and spacing in the offense

3. Backs running for the first down instead of trying to score on every play

4. A much more physical Riverdale team...we need a few mad dogs

5. Another great game by the defense...may need to carry the offense for one more week

Hope everyone has a safe game with no injuries on either side.

Go Warriors!!!

Guest workinprogress

Sorry for the digression, but I don't know anyone on the MBA staff cold-hearted enough to send tapes to colleges with the sole intention of interfering with the recruitment of a rival team's prospect. I'd say the number of coaches who would do that in this entire state is an infinitely small number - if the number is not indeed zero.

If people want to criticize about admissions, zones, etc. - fine (and the fans on another thread are certainly getting their jollies out of doing that this week) - but people are barking up the wrong tree if they think such a thought of sabotage of McAdoo's recruitment would enter that staff's mind.

I agree which is why I stated IF. I dont think any decent person or coach would do that. MBA's staff was great while I was at the game last Friday. Very nice people and all seemed happy to help out around there. Again my big word was IF.

As far as the game, the DNJ has an article about Coach A coming home, but not really. Pretty interesting to hear how he considered Dunn a second father and still runs the wing T because of his influence. Looks like the weather is going to be great!

I agree which is why I stated IF. I dont think any decent person or coach would do that. MBA's staff was great while I was at the game last Friday. Very nice people and all seemed happy to help out around there. Again my big word was IF.

As far as the game, the DNJ has an article about Coach A coming home, but not really. Pretty interesting to hear how he considered Dunn a second father and still runs the wing T because of his influence. Looks like the weather is going to be great!

Coach Warren Dunn was a great football coach and even greater man. His influence went beyond just football,he taught us to be a man. Coach Aydelott is just one of many who followed him into the coaching field. There are more guys who went into coaching that played at Antioch, than probably any Nashville school. It will be impossible for Ron not to think of his Antioch days when he sees that blue and white uniform. He is right, it is not the same as Blue Hole Road, but I'm sure the players during his days were just as talented and alot of fun to coach. I know that to be a fact.

Good gosh Wippy, put it to bed. You sound like his agent.