8/31 Portland at White House

timbdp

Two Names: Reed Gurchiek and Zach Woods. Gurchiek threw for 1,000 yards in the Portland Middle School Spread System. Woods is a weightroom junkie. He has all the tools to be a beast on the field. These two started as Freshman and are ready to be major contributors this year.

White House will win, but Portland is coming on fast. They have very strong Junior and Sophmore classes that will help them become dominant again. I don't see White House owning the rivalry over the next few seasons. By the way, Gerald Turner's brother, Jacoby Scharklet, is in the Middle School and he is a back that reminds you of Gerald as a youngster.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is tops in this region this year?

If you are talking Region 6-4A (Portland's Region) then you need to look no further than Mount Juliet. After the Bears you have other possibilities to win the region including Kenwood & Clarksville High. A potential "sleeper team" out there would have to include Beech.

If you are talking Region 4-3A (Blue Devils Region) then look no further than either White House or Pearl Cohn. Another potential possibilty to win the region would include Station Camp. A couple of potential "sleeper teams" include Sycamore & Greenbrier.

If you are talking Region 6-4A (Portland's Region) then you need to look no further than Mount Juliet. After the Bears you have other possibilities to win the region including Kenwood & Clarksville High. A potential "sleeper team" out there would have to include Beech.

If you are talking Region 4-3A (Blue Devils Region) then look no further than either White House or Pearl Cohn. Another potential possibilty to win the region would include Station Camp. A couple of potential "sleeper teams" include Sycamore & Greenbrier.

Region 3A was my question. How strong is WH?

Two Names: Reed Gurchiek and Zach Woods. Gurchiek threw for 1,000 yards in the Portland Middle School Spread System. Woods is a weightroom junkie. He has all the tools to be a beast on the field. These two started as Freshman and are ready to be major contributors this year.

White House will win, but Portland is coming on fast. They have very strong Junior and Sophmore classes that will help them become dominant again. I don't see White House owning the rivalry over the next few seasons. By the way, Gerald Turner's brother, Jacoby Scharklet, is in the Middle School and he is a back that reminds you of Gerald as a youngster.

This is definitely a positive message about the Panther's future and good to hear. However, I must caution both the poster and fans in the great city of Portland to not compare Jacoby to Gerald...most importantly, because it is not fair to Jacoby, nor was it fair to the middle brother, Tyree. It is an age-old mistake that we all (and I do mean we) make, but one that could have negative consequences. It is hard enough to measure a young man's talent in high school, much less middle school. Please understand that I have never seen the boy play, and I hope that he is successful in whatever he tries, but I believe that success can only begin when the comparison to Gerald ends. Don't forget...Gerald Turner is the best athlete to ever grace the hallways at Portland High School (and yes I know who was drafted by Minnesota-all the more reason for the casual reader to know just what he was). When the records books are updated with Gerald's stats (by the way, someone needs to get on that), you will see his name in the top eight in three different categories (total scores-92, total yards from scrimmage {in the upper 5000s}, and rushing Tds {a little gray on those numbers}. I wish the Panthers the best this Friday and in the future, and wanted to pay my respects with a hint of caution. Gerald Turner was special in every way imaginable, nothing ever said of him was negative by teammate or opponent, and there will not be another one that will ever fill his shoes. Let the young boy be Jacoby Turner, and you'll be doing him and his family a favor whether he wins a Mr. Football or decides to sit in the stands and watch.

Oh and btw

Sep. 8, 2006 at Portland 14 White House 31

Sep. 9, 2005 at White House 14 Portland 38

Aug. 27, 2004 at Portland 7 White House 28

Aug. 28, 2003 at White House 31 Portland 28

Aug. 29, 2002 at Portland 14 White House 35

Aug. 23, 2001 at White House 12 Portland 13

I dont see this current win streak ending anytime soon......

WH 35

Portland 7