8/31 Portland at White House

timbdp

Region 3A was my question. How strong is WH?

They appear to be very strong. I have seen Sycamore (scrimmage against Lipscomb), Greenbrier (jamboree against Hendersonville), & Pearl Cohn (last weekend against Memphis East) in action already this year. Any one of those teams could easily win Region 4-3A this season. I thought about attending this one on Friday night just to see WH for myself while I have the chance but I have decided to take my behind elsewhere this week.

I believe a good measuring stick for White House will come next week when they play Alcoa. Remember that last year the 3A State Champs beat Alcoa early in the season ON THE ROAD!!! White House must either win that game or play the Tornadoes very competitively for me to make them "a serious contender" because it's no secret that RIGHT NOW AS THE PRESENT MOMENT the Alcoa Tornadoes are not the same football team that they were this time one year ago. That's what happens when a team loses guys like Lanxter, Sykes, Hicks, Shiverdecker, & Guzzo just to name a select few.

White House is just simply better than Portland right now and this matchup will not (or should I say SHOULD NOT???) be much of a contest

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Don't forget...Gerald Turner is the best athlete to ever grace the hallways at Portland High School "

Uhh beg to differ...currently Cory Brewer just might be the Best. But that is a different sport.

Did you read my entire post? It's okay to also read BETWEEN the lines. I've forgotten more about those hallways than you know...

When I mentioned Jacoby's name the intent was not to say he's the next Turner. I simply stated that "he reminds you of Gerald as a youngster." He is a quiet young man, with a great attitude and work ethic. The posters are correct in saying there will never be another Gerald Turner. They are alos correct about saying "let Jacoby be Jacoby." I was just letting Portland fans know that there was young talent at the High School already and there was hopes of more talent to come from the Middle School.

The real issue is the game. Kick-off is in 10 hours, anybody nervous?

When I mentioned Jacoby's name the intent was not to say he's the next Turner. I simply stated that "he reminds you of Gerald as a youngster." He is a quiet young man, with a great attitude and work ethic. The posters are correct in saying there will never be another Gerald Turner. They are alos correct about saying "let Jacoby be Jacoby." I was just letting Portland fans know that there was young talent at the High School already and there was hopes of more talent to come from the Middle School.

The real issue is the game. Kick-off is in 10 hours, anybody nervous?

Good post...good clarification...and good luck.

Two Names: Reed Gurchiek and Zach Woods. Gurchiek threw for 1,000 yards in the Portland Middle School Spread System. Woods is a weightroom junkie. He has all the tools to be a beast on the field. These two started as Freshman and are ready to be major contributors this year.

White House will win, but Portland is coming on fast. They have very strong Junior and Sophmore classes that will help them become dominant again. I don't see White House owning the rivalry over the next few seasons. By the way, Gerald Turner's brother, Jacoby Scharklet, is in the Middle School and he is a back that reminds you of Gerald as a youngster.

Guricheks gonna be a player. He stepped in when the starting Qb went out 2nite and played a nice game. Portland could have a descent team this year. I still dont think White House is hitting on all cylinders though. I know its week one , but i watched all the scrimmages and tonights game, and its obvious they still have alot of kinks to get worked out. Duty had a nice game tonight . I think he had 4 catches. Hes a nice target at TE. And, (THE PLAYMAKER)-(PARKER) made the play of the game when it HAD to be made. Also, Trox threw a nice pass to Parker for the TD.