Sevier Co. at Halls, Week 1

fairplay2121

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be close this year. The only reason why it got out of hand was because the young Halls team that many were playing both ways wilted in the heat. Alot of cramps and fatigue set in after the first quarter and SC took advantage of the inexperience of that team.

I predict Halls winning 13-10. SC offense struggles again and Halls puts it together finally for a complete game.

I havent been able to see Halls special teams go live, but that could be a big question mark since this is the first year in a while Halls would have to worry about kick returns. Poor tackling has plagued us throughout the preseason and could show during this game. I hope that this will not kill us during the SC game.

However, unless I am mistaken SC allowed some returns against them during the WB game. Maybe Dayton can get loose some and give Halls' offense good field position.

SCHS fan here , Just wanted to tell you guys good luck this coming week.. It'll be fun for us all.. You guys have more experience this year than S.C. so you guys will probably win in a close one..But if you're Special Teams struggle tackling you may give up some bad field position in this one..But you're alls ball control every year could be a big factor considering Seviers youth gets winded as noticed last week against W-B.. MY CALL THIS GAME IS??

Sevier County 14

Halls 21

I have a few concerns this week. If Halls can overcome these, I think they will win.

1. Can Halls run the ball? Against DB and Carter they did, against Catholic they couldn't. Against AC, 1st half; No and 2nd half; Yes. The run sets up the pass.

2. Can Halls limit turnovers? The one who wins this category will win this game IMO.

3. SC has a mobile QB. Halls has had problems with this in several scrimmages. Can they contain him and pressure him?

4. Will the Defense tackle? If Halls can hold down the Y.A.C. (yards after contact) I like our chances.

5. Can Halls get more touches for Kitts and Dayton? Kitts breaks one about every 6-8 carries and gets better as the games goes on. IMO he needs 15 to 20 touches. Dayton should get at least 5. I am not as worried about this one because some teams line up to stop him which should free up #10 or #2.

It won't be long now until we find out. IT"S GAME WEEK!!!!