Hillwood at LaVergne

In THIS thread:

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=157752

look how many people are picking AGAINST Lebanon in a game vs. a team that lost 40+ seniors.

If people think Lebanon is so hot, they are not backing it up in their picks.

btw...Blackman beat Lebanon the last time they played.

23-20 ???

gallatin may very well beat lebanon they have a little something called tradition and the toughness to beat good teams I cant begin to tell you all the winning teams they have beaten over the past 5 or 6 years, however----------------I can tell you how many Lavergne has during that time--------------------------exactly one.

How many people picking against Lebanon have seen them play this year? Probably not many, several of us have and I also spoke with several coaches that came away very impressed with Lebanon and see them as a contender to win the region.

I would get my 42 point plus victory over hillwood then worry about lebanon later when you play them

I know how wrong folks can be in their picks though last year when lavergne played smyrna in the playoffs "they were on a roll" and finally had what they had wanted for years a chance at smyrna late in the year. It didn't turn out quite the way folks thought so yes picks can be wrong.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not have noticed, I actually picked Lebanon to win at Gallatin.

I still pick Lavergne to beat Lebanon.

On another tangent...who exactly should Hillwood and Glencliff be playing outside their region this week?

I've seen all the comments that LHS and SHS shouldn't be playing them.

O.K. - who should HHS and GHS have scheduled?

Try to avoid answers such as "the blind school" - it's a valid question and deserves a real answer.

They won the 1st game of the season in 2005 over Independence, I believe 21-20, and have lost 20 straight since then. In 2004 they were 12-1 losing at White House in the quarterfinals. In 2003 they were 9-2 and lost to Northwest in the 1st round of the playoffs. In 2002 they were 6-5 and Bellevue Exchange Bowl Champs over Stratford.

You may not have noticed, I actually picked Lebanon to win at Gallatin.

I still pick Lavergne to beat Lebanon.

On another tangent...who exactly should Hillwood and Glencliff be playing outside their region this week?

I've seen all the comments that LHS and SHS shouldn't be playing them.

O.K. - who should HHS and GHS have scheduled?

Try to avoid answers such as "the blind school" - it's a valid question and deserves a real answer.

They could try to schedule Harpeth, Cheatham Co., Hickman Co., or Fairview.

They won the 1st game of the season in 2005 over Independence, I believe 21-20, and have lost 20 straight since then. In 2004 they were 12-1 losing at White House in the quarterfinals. In 2003 they were 9-2 and lost to Northwest in the 1st round of the playoffs. In 2002 they were 6-5 and Bellevue Exchange Bowl Champs over Stratford.

But they were 4a when all that winning was getting done - taking nothing away from those good years...they deserved those wins with veteran qb D Rucker and company...however - they were getting to play teams like Spring Hill who has since dropped down to 3a.

I hope they can grab a win somewhere down the line this season.

There is no rule against it. However, it is a no win situation for Hillwood. If they beat NCS then it is a win against a little 1A school (even with the multiplier they are 1A). If you lose, you look even worse than you aready do. Ravenwood is finding out about that now. McGavock will understand it after tonight. Level playing field. Yeah right.