Region 1-1A Week 1

RangerRoy99

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo, no one would have ever thought that Unaka would destroy Cloudland by 3 TD's on their home field and that Jellico would dominate the line of scrimmage to also defeat Cloudland at home. They were also destroyed by Cosby at home and should have lost to North Greene. What once was an indestructible dynasty is now only a shadow and a thought of what once was a proud football program. This past Friday was one of the saddest I've ever witnessed. Everyone says to give the new offense time to work. Well, it will never work until the kids on the team learn to block and tackle. Tradition is a forgotten thing with our community's teenagers and families. The opposition used to shake with fear when they saw our gold jerseys coming on to Orr Field because they knew they would have to go through hades to acheive a victory over the mighty Landers. Now we dodge blockers instead of taking them on. We dive at runningbacks ankles instead of putting a shoulderpad in their guts. Now we let offensive lineman push us all over the field instead of driving them back into their own running backs. Now we are dazed and confused instead of motivated and focused. You see, love him or hate him, coach Lunsford instilled all of these qualities because he was a war machine. Until that kind of aggressiveness and pride comes back to Cloudland, then other teams will keep on marching on to Orr Field and embarrassing Cloudland in front of all their cheerleaders and parents. Sorry if the truth offends but this post cannot be argued with.

Pujo, no one would have ever thought that Unaka would destroy Cloudland by 3 TD's on their home field and that Jellico would dominate the line of scrimmage to also defeat Cloudland at home. They were also destroyed by Cosby at home and should have lost to North Greene. What once was an indestructible dynasty is now only a shadow and a thought of what once was a proud football program. This past Friday was one of the saddest I've ever witnessed. Everyone says to give the new offense time to work. Well, it will never work until the kids on the team learn to block and tackle. Tradition is a forgotten thing with our community's teenagers and families. The opposition used to shake with fear when they saw our gold jerseys coming on to Orr Field because they knew they would have to go through hades to acheive a victory over the mighty Landers. Now we dodge blockers instead of taking them on. We dive at runningbacks ankles instead of putting a shoulderpad in their guts. Now we let offensive lineman push us all over the field instead of driving them back into their own running backs. Now we are dazed and confused instead of motivated and focused. You see, love him or hate him, coach Lunsford instilled all of these qualities because he was a war machine. Until that kind of aggressiveness and pride comes back to Cloudland, then other teams will keep on marching on to Orr Field and embarrassing Cloudland in front of all their cheerleaders and parents. Sorry if the truth offends but this post cannot be argued with.

Storm , this all started with the hiring of your coach (the way he got the job). Yes this can be argued, as a matter of fact IT WAS, all last spring!!!!! This is only the start of how bad it's going to get. Roan Mt. is no place for the " FUN-n-GUN ". One quick question, wasn't it you that said this spring that cloudland football is back over and over again. I almost feel bad for you, the way you went out on a limb for them yourself. I guess we know where TN residents that live on the border will be playing their football now. Atleast if their playing for Avery, they will get to atleast touch that little trophy. Sorry for the poke at your program, but you hae to give me that one from this spring. But in all fairness, it is sad, and I do agree with you.

Nice post, right on target.

Good post Storm, The Truth will stand when the mountain is on fire, and believe u me, Its really on fire. If they lose to West Greene this week, they may not win a game all year. I personally think that an 0-10 season would compromise the integrity of the Roan Mountain faithful and be a virtual slap in the face to a once proud community.

I think west Greene is no were near the worst team on cloudlands schedule this year. Dont jump ship if they lose to the mighty Buffs. They have a new coach, a lot of players out, and a running back that would be one of the best in region 1. Mark your calender for Oct 12 though. If they let Jellico beat them two years in a row, may God have mercy on the fans atop roan mountain.

Well KING, I hate to break it to you, but pretty much everyone but the die-hard Cloudland faithful who still had their head stuck under a rock predicted a Unaka win. Granted they won bigger than i thought they would, but Cloudland was very lucky to lose only by 21. Coach Ensor pretty much burned the clock the entire 2nd half.

BUT, I don't think West Greene has improved THAT much, and I don't think Cloudland is as bad as you say they are, so i say:

Cloudland-22 West Greene-14

As for the rest of Region 1 1A

Unaka-20 Maynardville-18

Hampton-35 Oneida-12

Pigeon Forge-23 Cosby-14

Jellico-25 Sunbright-12

Grace-14 North Greene-8